Shooting at Washington Shipyard

BillRM

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 11:07 am
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
Well, I am now off to walk the dog where we will casually stroll past a whole street of unarmed households, into and round part of a 100 acre of beautiful park, where no-one will be armed, and the likelihood of me getting shot by a "drive by" or a criminal is about the same as me getting buggered by a martian.

Lord so it matter if the hoodlum used a knife instead of a gun to robbed you and every home you are strolling by have means to greatly harm you or killed you within them.

Quote:

Quote:
http://www.voice-online.co.uk/article/teenagers-arrested-grand-theft-auto-robbery-stabbing

Teenagers Arrested For Grand Theft Auto Robbery Stabbing
Victim, 23, had bought computer game and was on way home when attacked
Written by Bart Chan
18/09/2013 11:29 AM

HYPED RELEASE: A man who bought a copy of Grand Theft Auto Five was stabbed and robbed

A MAN who had just purchased the acclaimed Grand Theft Auto computer game was robbed and stabbed as he made his way home in north London.

The 23-year-old was attacked in Colindale in the early hours of yesterday and officers were called to the scene at about 1.22am in Princes Avenue after receiving reports of a stabbing.

Police said he was struck with a brick before being stabbed and robbed.

Three male teenagers, aged 15, 16, and 18, have since been arrested on suspicion of robbery.

A copy of the popular video game was reported stolen, along with a watch and mobile phone.

The victim remains in hospital in a stable condition, according to police, who have not yet determined a motive for the attack.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 11:09 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

He had a top secret clearance with the military ...
No. According to all source it just was a “secret” clearance.
BillRM

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 11:16 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Everyone of these shooters had a mental issue and no one is doing anything to address that issue.

Of course the anti gun crowd wish to used those sad happening as a means to try to disarmed the people and not to address the sad state of our mental health system that does not offer timely and meaningful help before those shootings occur.

The damn navy knew the shooter in this case have problems while he was serving in the navy but instead of offering aid they moved him out of the navy.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 11:21 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I stand corrected. It still takes a serious background check to even get a secret clearance. If you can pass that, then there is no reason why you won't pass a much less extensive background check for a weapon.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 11:35 am
So this is going to be a Bill and Gunga thread anyway, huh? Okay you can have it.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 11:42 am
@Baldimo,
Well, I had to get secret clearance -as a conscripted navigator- because otherwise I couldn't do my job on the ship.

I got top secret, when "I looked at the enemy".

That's military related. And has nothing to do with firearms, neither in the forces nor with civilian authorities.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 11:47 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Are you saying that a criminal background check is less intense then getting a secret clearance for the govt?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 11:50 am
@Baldimo,
Why do you think we don't have mass shootings in the UK anymore? We have mentally ill people and violent video games, the main difference is access to guns.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 11:56 am
@Baldimo,
No. Sorry if it sounded like that.
I just wanted to write that it's a different kettle of fish.
(I wouldn't get a firearm licence just because I've had a top secret clearance, a marksman certificate, could shoot with a 40mm canon etc etc)
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 11:56 am
@izzythepush,
What's the violent crime rate over there Izzy? While less access to guns might lower the mass shootings, it would do nothing for normal gun crimes, as those are not done my normal gun owners but people who already have criminal issues.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 11:59 am
@Baldimo,
So we've got as many violent people as you. Our homicide rate is much lower. You let violent people have guns, we don't.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 12:01 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
While less access to guns might lower the mass shootings, it would do nothing for normal gun crimes, as those are not done my normal gun owners but people who already have criminal issues.

No it wouldn't. What's a normal gun owner? They seem a really mixed bunch. Pulling a trigger is easy. Stabbing someone takes a lot more determination, you've got to get close.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 12:06 pm
@izzythepush,
Does that make the criminals in the UK more brutal? Stabbing crimes in the US are low compared to the UK. Where do you think most of your violent crime comes from.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 12:06 pm
@Baldimo,
Generally, I think that we have a totally different aproach to the use of weapons.
Just today these statistics were published: in 2012, police in all German states (police is state's affair) shot 36 times at humans, killing 8 persons, wounding 20. 35 times it was self-defence, one time it was for hindering the escapee of a gangster (who was wounded).

Sources: FBI, House of Commons (Knife crime statistics)
Baldimo

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 12:10 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
We would have similar stats if we looked at the US state to state instead of the whole country. Considering the US has 3 times as many people as Germany.

BillRM

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 12:10 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Why do you think we don't have mass shootings in the UK anymore? We have mentally ill people and violent video games, the main difference is access to guns.

LOL just mass bombings..........
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 12:17 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
Stabbing crimes in the US are low compared to the UK.
According to the FBI statistics, 1,694 were killed by knives or cutting instruments in the USA.
In England and Wales (I don't have the numbers for Scotland and NI "4,490 people admitted to English hospitals in 2011/12 due to assault by a sharp object", 235 times it was attempted murder, 193 times homicide in the same period.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 12:21 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

We would have similar stats if we looked at the US state to state instead of the whole country. Considering the US has 3 times as many people as Germany.

People killed by nonmilitary law enforcement officers in USA (2012): 587

(In all Germany: 8)
gungasnake

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 12:21 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
We were desperately trying to get you to show some balls then as well, if you know your history.

I know our history pretty well. H.L. Mencken noted that our entry into WW-I came about from the British owing us too much money in 1917 for us to allow them to lose a major war. Americans in 1940 assumed something similar was going on...

0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 12:25 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
and...