My son's coach is an asshole.

JTT

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2013 09:23 pm
@JTT,
I forgot to mention that you should be really proud of yourself, Boomer.

And if I were that coach fella, I would be awfully damn proud of my 12 year old son who had the balls to let the old man know when he was out of line.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2013 09:28 pm
@boomerang,
My sons are adults now, and I had to deal with adult bullies from time to time. I don't think coach was being a "stand up guy" when he spoke to you. He is a bully and quickly decided he didn't want an embarrassing situation being observed by other adults. Twelve year old boys have to learn how to stand up to school bullies, but if the school bully is 6'5" 2 hundred + body weight AND 35 years old, you need to do something. The kids are there to play sports and learn sportsmanship. Too bad Coach thinks its manly to mock the loss of a pet, I think he is a perfect ****. If he truly thought he was out of line, he would have called you at home.

Boomerang, I'll send you a PM describing a few situations I discovered when my boys were young.
JTT

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2013 10:12 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I don't think coach was being a "stand up guy" when he spoke to you. He is a bully and quickly decided he didn't want an embarrassing situation being observed by other adults.

You haven't lived your whole life yet, so be careful how you judge people.

Additionally, being a continent away, one would think would lead a body to be more careful/less bold in their assertion, GB.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2013 10:39 pm
@glitterbag,
I dont think Boomer has entered your world of expecting men to be Gods, expecting that they never make a mistake. owning our mistakes and trying to not make the same mistake twice is what we not gods stand-up men do.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2013 10:39 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
I don't think coach was being a "stand up guy" when he spoke to you. He is a bully and quickly decided he didn't want an embarrassing situation being observed by other adults.

Additionally, being a continent away, one would think would lead a body to be more careful/less bold in their assertion, GB.

Oh good to see you JTT, normally I don't check your comments, but I have some free time. I've been very busy trying to implement American Will on a small island of the coast of Iceland. It was going very well until we discovered there were no people living there, just a few walrus and Icelandic geese so we left some propaganda in case they ever learn to read. I'm getting a little bored imposing democracy, so I'm seriously considering taking a position with the local death panel that oversees several health insurance companies. It will be perfect for me, I've never been to medical school. Good talking to you, my seriously disturbed stalker. Bye for quite a stretch.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2013 11:09 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:
I understand that people can be assholes.

So does Mo.

But an adult who is such an asshole to a kid.

I'm just all kinds of **** that.
This can be a valuable lesson
in that the minds of people can be replete with flaws,
including people that we have admired.

A friend of mine is a (retired) psychiatrist and author.
In 1988, he said to me: "David, anyone who you think is NOT crazy
is just someone who you don't KNOW well enuf."

When Mo encounters it again in future years,
he shud not be surprized about it; this might render him immune to the shock.

U might consider complaining to the coach 's boss; (school principal??)

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2013 11:19 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

Maybe.

But then it makes it a topic of conversation amongst the team.

Like I said, the coach is very surreptitious about it.
He knows it's getting to Mo but nobody else (except for Friend)
is aware of the import of what is being said.
Does the coach wanna get rid of Mo ??
Does he dislike Mo ?
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 12:23 am
@glitterbag,
I couldn't resist posting after I read this:

JTT wrote:

Can you believe this? Rolling Eyes The nerve of this character! Laughing JTT himself/herself is one of the most judgmental members of this forum! Actually, I dare say the most judgmental! What hypocrisy! Laughing

By the way, glitterbag, I hope your efforts to subjugate that small island are successful! Razz Drunk
glitterbag

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 12:54 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

I dont think Boomer has entered your world of expecting men to be Gods, expecting that they never make a mistake. owning our mistakes and trying to not make the same mistake twice is what we not gods stand-up men do.

I'm not making an argument that men need to be Gods, and frankly I've met more than my fair share of women who try to torment others. This guy decided to own his mistake when he spotted boomerang, and figured he best turn this to his advantage. I can't speak on behalf of all men, but I'm pretty sure if any of the other mothers caught wind of what that asshole said to boomerang's son, there would be hell to pay. My approach would have been more direct, I would ask him on which planet would it be normal to taunt a 12 year old with the horrible manner his pet left this world. It would run like this "why in the world would you think using the horror of this child's loss to be something you should fling around in front of all the team members." Maybe he thinks he will get an award for being the biggist dick coaching adolescents. He lives in a glass house, he shouldn't be spreading his own miserable attitude on boys who see him as an authority (and he fails miserably). He has provided the child with one important piece of info, mainly some adults are massive assholes. This guy needs to remove himself from coaching, until he gain control over his need to be cruel or whatever else is causing his anger issues.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 01:02 am
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:

I couldn't resist posting after I read this:

JTT wrote:

Can you believe this? Rolling Eyes The nerve of this character! Laughing JTT himself/herself is one of the most judgmental members of this forum! Actually, I dare say the most judgmental! What hypocrisy! Laughing

By the way, glitterbag, I hope your efforts to subjugate that small island are successful! Razz Drunk

Thanks wmwcjr, unfortunately the quote JTT lifted, is my sig line. I normally have him on ignore, I just got curious why he would jump in on this particular topic. It's basically that same ol crap. But about the island we are trying to grind under our heels, doesn't look too good. The Walrus are big and dangerous, and the geese move too fast. Our search committee is looking for another pristine paradise to corrupt and make them eat only at McDonalds. Thanks for the good wishes.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 01:51 am
@glitterbag,
please dont watch Abbey Lee coach dance on "dance moms", as I doubt your ticker could take it. coaches bully because it works, just ask Bela Karolyi.
George

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 06:07 am
I was happy to read the update. Good for Friend and Brother!

I hope this is an end to it, but I'd keep an eye on coach.
JTT

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 06:49 am
@wmwcjr,
Quote:

It would be better if you addressed this each time at its source, WM. For this particular situation, GB was advancing a potentially dumb idea. She wasn't involved, she doesn't know the coach and even if she was right, what benefit might Boomer and Mo derive from attacking him on this further. They got to where they wanted without crushing the guy, without Mo losing his best friend, without Boomer and Mr B making an enemy.

He didn't phone Boomer - no big deal. We see here at A2K just how easy it is for supposedly responsible adults to studiously ignore the facts which point, incontrovertibly, to the evil and vicious things that the US has done for over a century, while covering it all with propaganda that made the US seem like a savior.

Which brings us to glitterbag's little propaganda meme.

Quote:
Oh good to see you JTT, normally I don't check your comments, but I have some free time. I've been very busy trying to implement American Will on a small island of the coast of Iceland. It was going very well until we discovered there were no people living there, just a few walrus and Icelandic geese so we left some propaganda in case they ever learn to read. I'm getting a little bored imposing democracy, so I'm seriously considering taking a position with the local death panel that oversees several health insurance companies.

See what I mean about supposedly responsible adults throwing up these inane memes which are meant solely to divert attention away from the facts - the US is a force for evil. It has not ever been a force for good. As one writer said, I posted his article - "look at the record. In all these invasions is there one where the people have been better off than before the invasions."

No, not in any of those situations. I think that you'll find that my "judgments" on people correspond to situations where they are advancing lies. But please feel free to point out any where I'm not - likely you'll find we are in agreement.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 07:32 am
@boomerang,
Also, I got caught up in the discussion and missed an important point: I'm sorry that y'all lost a pet. Losing a pet sucks.
wmwcjr

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 08:50 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Thanks wmwcjr, unfortunately the quote JTT lifted, is my sig line.

Uh-oh, it looks like I've made a fool out of myself again. Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

My apologies to JTT. Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Good grief! Sad
JTT

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 09:01 am
@wmwcjr,
No problem for me, WM. I commend you on your honesty.

Have a good 'un.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 09:23 am
@wmwcjr,
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your avatar, Bill!!! Thank u for him and his M-6O !
I bet he is a good shot !

David
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 09:45 am
I find it interesting that Boom's husband was so laid back about the situation. As I see it, the boys and this guy worked it out all by themselves. Which is what the husband probably thought it would happen, eventually.

Mo's mother was a good sounding board and helped him sort out his feelings and empowered him to speak up. But "the guys" worked this out all by themselves.
roger

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 10:45 am
@PUNKEY,
So, it all worked out. What would you have said if it hadn't? Like, what if Boomerang hadn't been willing to confront Coach Asshole? Maybe Coach would have taken the absence of reaction as endorsement.
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2013 11:39 am
@roger,
As I understand it, she didn't have to confront him. He already knew what he had done.

Boom said:

"So I drive him to practice and park right by where I know Coach always parks and waited for him to arrive. He drives up and parks and I walk up to him and he say "I know why you're here and I'm sorry." (!)

I asked how he knew and he said Friend and Brother called him on it last night (!) telling him he'd been a jerk. He told me it wouldn't happen again. We talked for a bit and left on good terms."

Yes, he was a jerk but his tail was already between his legs before he talked to her. It got handled in the background.