Move in or not?

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 07:27 am
I have been dating my boyfriend of 1 year. We started dating right after he broke of his relationship with his ex girlfriend of 8 years. We see each other every Wednesday and every weekend Fri-Mon, we then stay at his place. Monday evenings I do my washing, Tuesday evenings I pack for Wed and Thursday, Thursday evenings I pack for the weekends. Is it too soon to ask if we can move in together? I know that he does not want to get married. He says I am putting him under pressure. What do I do?

Ragman

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 08:31 am
@Wonderingalot,
Please pardon the personal questions, but his and your backgrounds are needed to get the full picture:

I see no indication in your writing that shows where he asked you to move in. Has he told you how much he loves you and vice versa? Do either of you have children or dependents? Are both of you able to support yourselves financially without one of you moving in? Do you work full time? Is he over his last long-term relationship of 8 yrs?

If I were you (based on such little info), I'd Stay put for now.
Wonderingalot

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 08:49 am
@Ragman,
He has not asked me to move in, neither of us have children or dependants. We are supporting our selves. We both work full tim. He tells me often he loves me. He says he is over his longterm relationship.
Ragman

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 09:02 am
@Wonderingalot,
show-stopper: He has not asked you to move in? Then there's nothing to consider seeing that a move like that is speculation on your part. And he feels pressure when the subject of marriage is brought up. Enjoy your time together. You are more of a nester (not unusual) at this point.

Furthermore, why is he not visiting you at your place? Why is it always at his place?
0 Replies

carlosc2dbz

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 08:27 pm
@Wonderingalot,
Yeah, I think it would be good to get a better understanding of who you guys are as people. How old are you? Where are you living now, where is he living? I feel that if you force yourself to move in, it will not end well, in the sense that he probably didn't want you to move in in the first place, then he will resent you cuz he does not have his space, then he will treat you crappy, and cheat on you or break up with you. In the mean time you invested a lot of time and emotion into something that probably was never going anywhere because he didn't want it to from the beginning but never told you because he didn't want to hurt you and it probably feels good to have a girlfriend he can do "stuff" with.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2013 09:58 pm
@Wonderingalot,
Quote:
He says he is over his long-term relationship.

Not always is that true - not that he intends to be deceptive. Not always is there an awareness of what is over emotionally until some considerable time has passed.

Patience, grasshopper.
0 Replies