When I am wrong...I am wrong!

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 12:42 pm
I've been wrong all along. I have been advocating that no one should put anyone on "Ignore"...but I just put JTT on "Ignore"...and doing so was the right thing to do.

I was wrong in advocating the other way...and I wanted to acknowledge it publicly.

First time I have ever used that feature.

Feels good. Wink
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 27 • Views: 5,289 • Replies: 87

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 01:31 pm
Ya old meany.
timur

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 01:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Running away with class, I see..

You are wrong in more accounts than this one..
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 01:56 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

Running away with class, I see..

You are wrong in more accounts than this one..

I am indeed.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 01:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Ya old meany.

Yeah, I guess I am. But he really is way out there...past Pluto.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 01:57 pm
I won't go so far as to say your feet stink.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 02:18 pm
@Frank Apisa,
feeling good is not the test, being good for you is.

you were right the first time.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2013 03:47 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

I've been wrong all along. I have been advocating that no one should put anyone on "Ignore"...but I just put JTT on "Ignore"...and doing so was the right thing to do.
Feels good. Wink

I did that too - improves your life immeasurably! Smile
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 05:00 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Feels good. Wink

In my opinion, selected use of the ignore feature goes a long way toward making A2K a more personally enjoyable experience.

I understand the objection people have to limiting your view and exposure to different ideas, but I see the whole internet as a cloud of mostly irrelevant or unwanted information interspersed with veins of value. And I see A2K as a microcosm of that. Given that I have limited time in my life to explore every idea that exists everywhere I find it more rewarding to filter the cloud somewhat so that the veins of information which interest me the most are more prominent. There is plenty to be explored even within those veins.
farmerman

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 05:43 am
@rosborne979,
Its especially true with JTT who is a member whose entire conversational skills are one dimensional. When you've seen one of its posts you've seen em all and I find that boring.

I feel that JTT has a deep inferiority complex due to its Japanese ancestry.

Every so often I catch a JTT quote from guys like McTag , and I find em offensive and thoughtless, yet there they are like a turd on a plate.

Having JTT go "disappeared" wont be a bad thing.
contrex

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 06:20 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I feel that JTT has a deep inferiority complex due to its Japanese ancestry.

I didn't know it was what my father still calls "a Jap". This might explain why it has such surpassingly weird ideas about the English language.

engineer

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 06:38 am
So what's the deal with bashing another regular member? If you don't want to talk to someone, but them on ignore and let them be. Maybe someone else wants to engage them. I have a long ignore list but that's my preference to improve my A2K experience. I don't consider it something either to brag or be embarrassed about.
farmerman

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 09:12 am
@engineer,
when the person we are debating has no interest in the debate and is only interested in being rude and offensive, then its a candidate for the ignore button. We have several people here who we get down withwith (BillRM, Hawkee, Gunga) but the difference with these guys is that they often bring a different view. JTT has only one or two views both of which are almost always delivered with immature insults.
neologist

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 10:20 am
I did put one person on ignore,
but only because he delivered personal
attacks with profanity and no discernable
line of reasoning. He/she hasn't posted
in months, so I guess I just wasted my
effort.
With others I welcome insults as an opportunity
to practice veiled sarcasm. Usually doesn't work,
though. Go figure.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 10:26 am
You have to tailor your internet experience to your own needs and desires. Otherwise you could go to the park and listen while they harangue with no regard for what you want.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 11:18 am
@farmerman,
I don't have any problem with anyone putting anyone else on ignore I just don't understand the need to crow about it.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 11:21 am
I submit that Frank is not crowing, but is lamenting the necessity to take such an action.
farmerman

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 11:54 am
@edgarblythe,
what EB sez.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 12:09 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Feels good. Wink

Indeed it does!!! Prior to my posting on this board I had posted temporarily on a newly created board since Yahoo had gotten rid of practically all its social and political message board forums. That particular board in question did not have an ignore feature and posters were forced to listen to a lot of verbal diarrhea from some disgusting posters. I opted to leave that board quickly as opposed to being exposed to a lot of rhetorical garbage.

Posters simply are not compatible with every poster. The www attracts all kinds of minds of every persuasion; now and then there might appear personality clashes that just might rub one the wrong way.....one too many.....where one would like to remain on the site but not at the mercy of one's tormentor.

I don't use the "feature" often....very little come to think of it, possibly just one poster, and try not to make enemies but sometimes the matter is taken out of one's hands. Ah! The ignore feature can be beautiful gift!...It saves one's sanity.

Enjoy, Frank Apisa.
JLNobody

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 08:57 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Good for you. You won't find any rhetorical garbage here.
Eh, eh.
0 Replies