When I am wrong...I am wrong!

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2013 11:21 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Welcome to the club, Frank. You won't regret it. There's only so much that a human bean can take.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 07:53 am
I can understand the desire to use ignore, but I have gotten comfortable with using my own restraint. My dad told me a long time ago, "Don't get in an argument with a fool. Someone might come along and not be able to tell one from another."
0 Replies

A-Neutral-Hue

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 08:27 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I feel that JTT has a deep inferiority complex due to its Japanese ancestry.

Well, that might explain his non-stop criticism of the US. JTT appear to suffer from a type of vulgar psychoanalysis popularly coined xenophobia, that is he hates America and its citizens. Given the forced Japanese American internment in World War II, he still harbors deeply rooted resentment, as the Japanese Americans were tarred by their own government.

In 1988, the Senate acting to redress what many Americans now regard as a historic injustice, voted overwhelmingly to give $20,000 and an apology to each of the Japanese-Americans who were driven from their homes and sent to internment camps in World War II.

The vote was 69 to 27 and followed an emotional debate. The bill's principal advocate, Senator Spark M. Matsunaga, a Japanese-American from Hawaii, almost wept as, recalling the suffering of internees, he related the story of an elderly man who crossed a fence to retrieve a ball for his grandchild and was machine-gunned to death.

It seems JTT is still remembering the past by his never-varying criticism of the US. They say time is a great healer. In JTT's case it might take more than one lifetime.
neologist

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 09:27 am
After reading other posts, I went back and unblocked imans. After all, my blocking has no effect on whether others can read his/her posts. And he/she hasn't posted since April; so it probably doesn't amount to much. I did it anyway
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 09:46 am
@A-Neutral-Hue,
America has lost many thousands of citizens to Japanese Imperialism and war crimes commited on MILLIONS of innocents before WWII. Theres no comparison of the mass of war crimes commited in the name of Imperial Japan commited in the 1930's and during the war.AND YES, our policy of interment of Japanese -American CITIZENS was stupid and a Midieval response to our being attacked .
Yet, today, we seek to put it behind us all and as citizens of the world, move away from that time. Hopefully weve healed and we have helped rebuild all of our former enemies into economic powerhouses of the planet.
I do lots of business with Chinese and Taiwanese applied science companies and Im still amazed at how the animosity between China and Japan persists in many circles. Maybe JTT is one of that gang.
I think that's why Buicks are the most popular car among the Chinese middle class and not some Japanese make.

Forgiving without forgetting is what most of the world has tried. That's why I view JTT's xenophobic postings as bordering on wackiness. I ignored him about a year ago and I sure do not lose any sleep over it.
panzade

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 11:22 am
@farmerman,
Quote:

When did JTT mention Japanese ancestry?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2013 10:12 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
America has lost many thousands of citizens to Japanese Imperialism and war crimes commited on MILLIONS of innocents before WWII. Theres no comparison of the mass of war crimes commited in the name of Imperial Japan commited in the 1930's and during the war.

If you knew anything about history, Farmer the "academic", you would know that that is false. The US provides an apt parallel to what the Japanese did. The Japanese actually copied the US system, including the butchering of innocents. Japan saw what the US did in the Philippines, a million slaughtered, millions slaughtered, who really knows.

The US, the savior of the oppressed doesn't do body counts; odd behavior for a country that is trying to save people for democracy.

The Japanese followed the pattern set by the US [and the UK earlier] in Central and South America. If the US could brutalize the people of those countries and steal their wealth, the Japanese saw no reason as a new world power that they couldn't do the same in SE Asia.

As I described to Panzade some time ago, the US didn't care what Japan was doing in China as long as they allowed the US to get its claws in too.

====================
" Why should we flagellate ourselves for what the Cambodians did to each other?"

Henry Kissinger - who (with Richard Nixon) was responsible for the massive bombing of Cambodia in 1973, which killed three-quarters of a million peasants and disrupted Cambodian society, setting the stage for Pol Pot to come to power and ultimately kill another one-and-a-half million people

=================

"Get some new lawyers"

US Secretary of State Madeline Albright to British Foreign Secretary Robin Cook when he told her he was informed that the NATO bombing of Yugoslavia was illegal under international law

===================

" ... there is a system of terroristic states -- the real terror network -- that has spread throughout Latin America and elsewhere over the past several decades, and which is deeply rooted in the corporate interest and sustaining political-military-financial propaganda mechanisms of the United States and its allies in the Free World."

Edward Herman, economist and media analyst

===============

" The enormous gap between what US leaders do in the world and what Americans think their leaders are doing is one of the great propaganda accomplishments of the dominant political mythology. "

Michael Parenti, political scientist and author

============

Farmerman:
Quote:
Hopefully weve healed and we have helped rebuild all of our former enemies into economic powerhouses of the planet.

That is a load of crap, Farmer. Man oh man, you lot are an ignorant bunch.

==========

"From 1945 to 2003, the United States attempted to overthrow more than 40 foreign governments, and to crush more than 30 populist-nationalist movements fighting against intolerable regimes. In the process, the US bombed some 25 countries, caused the end of life for several million people, and condemned many millions more to a life of agony and despair."

William Blum

===================
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2013 10:19 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I was wrong in advocating the other way...and I wanted to acknowledge it publicly.

Ever the dishonest one, Frank. You've put me on ignore because you realized that you were making a complete ass of yourself with that skilled rhetoric you've employed for the last few weeks.

This cheap parting shot is just another one of Frank Apisa's many dishonest ploys.

Do you think you'll extend this sudden burst of "honesty" to own up to the many other times when you have been wrong?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 11:12 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:

Nihonjin ja nai yo!

But if I were Japanese, I definitely would be proud. The Japanese made some mistakes, owned up to them and have moved on.

The US has been a band of brigands, pirates, war criminals and terrorists since its inception, with no relenting.

Hear that, CI, Farmer thinks you should have "a deep inferiority complex" if you have Japanese ancestry. What an ignorant asshole he is, eh?

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 11:21 pm
@contrex,
Quote:
I didn't know it was what my father still calls "a Jap".

You're not all that bright, C. Most people would want to keep it a secret that their pa was a racist pig.

You're also not that bright jumping on Farmer's racist bandwagon.

Now I understand why you brought up that Wiki link. I thought it was just you trying to divert attention away from your gross dishonesty. Now I see that it was just you trying to divert attention away from your gross dishonesty.

Quote:
This might explain why it has such surpassingly weird ideas about the English language.

Says the patently dishonest fool.

Did you ever get kicked out of your university for cheating or plagiarism?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 11:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
Frank was crowing, big time, Edgar.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 11:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
I've been wrong all along. I have been advocating that no one should put anyone on "Ignore"...but I just put JTT on "Ignore"...and doing so was the right thing to do.

I was wrong in advocating the other way...and I wanted to acknowledge it publicly.

First time I have ever used that feature.

Feels good. Wink
Welcome to the club (blessings be unto Robert).
I dumped JTT a long time ago; he has a toxic mind
and he openly abhorred logic.

David
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2013 06:28 pm
Thanks frank, now I don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I also choose not to read the National Enquirer or watch any of the "Housewife" reality shows.
JTT

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2013 06:31 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Thanks frank, now I don't feel like the Lone Ranger.

You're definitely not the Lone Ranger, GB, you're just another one of this select group of cowards.

Quote:
I also choose not to read the National Enquirer

Really. Many of your posts are wacky enough to have been lifted wholesale from those pages.

Quote:
or watch any of the "Housewife" reality shows.

Or read Joe(I'm a stud)Nation posts.

0 Replies

DoctorGotz

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2013 08:15 pm
I feel like I walked into a heated argument among family members.

Awkward.

I guess it will take time to sort out who has the best of this argument.

I don't think I can agree with JTT that Japanese atrocities during World War II were learned from America. The Japanese have a long history of cruelty that is all their own.

Still, there is something especially cruel about incinerating two cites and hundreds of thousands of civilians.

farmerman

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2013 08:24 pm
@DoctorGotz,
Now you've done it. Youre here just less than a day and you've made JTT angry by disagreeing with it.

DoctorGotz

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2013 08:27 pm
@farmerman,
Oops
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:33 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Now you've done it. Youre here just less than a day and you've made JTT angry by disagreeing with it.

Farmerman pretends that he is an academic, but he throws out misinformation and lies with alarming regularity - the above is just one example.
DoctorGotz

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:43 pm
@JTT,
No intention on my part to anger you.

Not that I won't in the future, but not this time around.

I simply disagree with you.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:49 pm
@DoctorGotz,
Your oops was not an oops.