When I am wrong...I am wrong!

DoctorGotz

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2013 10:57 pm
@ossobuco,
I don't know.

If I hang around here I'm sure I'll form opinions about individual members, and maybe I'll agree with what seems to be a consensus about JTT, but I think it's better that I form my own opinion.

I didn't mean to anger the guy, but if I did, that will be information I can process.

I'm not looking to make waves.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2013 11:02 pm
@DoctorGotz,
You have the right approach.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2013 08:28 am
@DoctorGotz,
DoctorGotz wrote:

I don't know.

If I hang around here I'm sure I'll form opinions about individual members, and maybe I'll agree with what seems to be a consensus about JTT, but I think it's better that I form my own opinion.

I didn't mean to anger the guy, but if I did, that will be information I can process.

I'm not looking to make waves.

What about WACs.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2013 08:35 am
I made a WAC once't . . . she was also an Army brat, and was called Duffy--short for duffle bag baby.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2013 08:54 am
@DoctorGotz,
JTT will tell you that the atrocities committed by the Japanese in WW2 were justified and that any act of aggression by one country towards another is a war crime.
He will also tell you that every member of the US military, past or present, is a war criminal.
When you disagree with him, for any reason, his attacks on you begin and never end, even if you agree with him later.

BTW, JTT is Canadian.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2013 09:09 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

I don't have any problem with anyone putting anyone else on ignore I just don't understand the need to crow about it.

100 % agree

Moment-in-Time

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2013 09:35 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I've been wrong all along. I have been advocating that no one should put anyone on "Ignore"...but I just put "..." on "Ignore"...and doing so was the right thing to do.

Happy Saturday, Frank Apisa. I fully understand the reasoning behind your action. It's been my personal experience that those posters who exhibit such intense anger and abuse towards others on a regular basis, tend to have 1) a mental problem or 2) a physical problem which contributes to their troubled mindset or the root cause of such.

Initially when I began posting on forums, I thought most people were like me, sneaking in posting from their computer at work...I discovered many Internet posters were retired people or shut-ins. It was difficult to ignore the hostile rhetoric coming from some posters who were screeching at the top of their lungs at other posters....making all manner of ad hominem attacks. By using a reasonable board persona I was able to gain the confidence of a number of them via e-mail. The first poster I spoke to was disabled, a shut-in, using the computer as his link to the wider world. He sent me an e-mail, complimenting me on my post, and we began an extended exchange with each other. The poster in question suffered badly with Rheumatoid Arthritis coupled with Sciatica pain and it was this type stress causing him to react so antagonistically.

The point I wish to stress is that we are unable to understand why some posters are so angry, or behave haphazardly but a rational explanation should alert us that something is more likely emotionally or physically wrong than right with respect to the offending poster.
DrewDad

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2013 09:50 am
@ehBeth,
<mmf mff, mmf mmmffff mff mffff!>
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2013 10:40 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
we are unable to understand why some posters are so angry, or behave haphazardly

So true and so important to remember.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2013 10:45 am
@Moment-in-Time,
OK. Without doubt there is something emotionally awry with a poster who habitually acts like a jerk online. I can see that this emotional disorder could be the result of a physical disability as well. My question is: so what? Does the poster's regrettable health condition obligate me to subject myself to irrational tirades? I think not.
panzade

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2013 10:53 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
Does the poster's regrettable health condition obligate me to subject myself to irrational tirades?

Of course not. That's what the ignore function is for.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2013 11:01 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Quote:
Does the poster's regrettable health condition obligate me to subject myself to irrational tirades?

Of course not. That's what the ignore function is for.

I know. What I'm questioning is the attitude of the posters who seem to be against use of the function and even urge compassion towards people like JTT and H2Oman. Neither of them will get any compassion from me. I don't care if they're wheel-chair bound. Every human being has an obligation toward a certain standard of behavior. If, for psychological reasons, they are unfortunately incapable of conforming to this standard, society isolates them.

You're right: that's what the "ignore" function is for.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2013 11:03 am
@Lustig Andrei,
I'm a fan of the ignore function.

However ... I think announcing who has been put on ignore is more about attention-seeking by the ignorer than the ignoree.
Thomas

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2013 12:19 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
However ... I think announcing who has been put on ignore is more about attention-seeking by the ignorer than the ignoree.

I can confirm this from personal experience. The only time I announced I had someone on "ignore" was about three years ago, when I noticed that Setanta was both on my "ignore" list and my "friends" list. I was definitely seeking attention with the announcement --- not for me, but for the circumstance, which I thought was funny. (I have un-ignored him since.)
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2013 12:21 pm
@DoctorGotz,
No anger taken, Doc. You can disagree with me all you like.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2013 12:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
I've been wrong all along.

Good for you that you had this insight. Have you stopped being an agnostic, too?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2013 01:03 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
I've been wrong all along.

Good for you that you had this insight. Have you stopped being an agnostic, too?

Why would I do that?
Thomas

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2013 01:06 pm
@Frank Apisa,
No reason in particular. Just thought I would ask, since we were on the subject of having been wrong all the time.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2013 01:09 pm
@Thomas,
Frank gets high on being wrong. Wink
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 20 Jul, 2013 01:12 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

No reason in particular. Just thought I would ask, since we were on the subject of having been wrong all the time.

Didn't realize you were on the subject of being wrong all the time, Thomas. I've notice occasions where you are not, but you apparently know better than I.

Keep thinking and you might cure the problem.
0 Replies