Women should leave the seat UP for us!

cavfancier

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 06:53 pm
I blame France.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 08:59 pm
you know, in India you wash your ass after making mookie stinks -- you don't just scrub it with dry paper. use all kinds of soaps and deodorants all over our bodies and walk around with dirty azzoles...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 09:00 pm
mookie stinks?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 10:22 pm
kirsten wrote:
I guess you guys have never gotten up in the middle of the night, and in consideration for someone sleeping didn't turn on the bathroom light, and plopped your bottom in the bowl cause the seat was up? Didn't think so. Rolling Eyes

No, guess I haven't. I'm sorry. I've never made much sense of this. Men have to sit on the toilet too sometimes, and I've never sat on a toilet becuase I didn't check the lid. Don't you think to do that?

Speaking of bidets, those things are great. I had one in my hotel room in Cancun a couple years ago. Considering what Mexico did to my plumbing, that thing was priceless.
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 06:17 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:

No, guess I haven't. I'm sorry. I've never made much sense of this. Men have to sit on the toilet too sometimes, and I've never sat on a toilet becuase I didn't check the lid. Don't you think to do that?

Guy logic again! Women always sit, unless we're stuck using the facilities at a nasty gas station that hasn't seen a bottle of Lysol in 20 years, in which case it would be proper to hover. Incidentally, this is not a great idea either, because one cannot properly evacuate the bladder in this position, and it can lead to peeing on the seat which of course increases the nasty factor for the next girl, but I digress... If I only had to sit for #2, I certainly would check the lid too!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 08:06 am
The only difference is the possibility of injury to a woman when the seat is left up vs the possibility of injury to a man if the seat is left down. A man will only make a mess whereas a woman could fall and injury herself. I actually know of a situation where this happened and the girl got a bad bruise as a result. After that the seat was always left in the down position.

Another thought is just for aesthetic purposes. Not that a toilet is there for beauty, but it does look much nicer to have the toilet seat down and not up.

A third reason is for sanitary reasons. Have you ever heard how when you flush the toilet the resulting splashing can send bits of toilet water across the room landing on toothbrushes, towels, sinks, etc. And we all know what is in toilet water.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 08:07 am
Toothbrushes?

Where the hell do you keep your toothbrushes ? ! ? ! ?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 08:10 am
Linkat wrote:
The only difference is the possibility of injury to a woman when the seat is left up vs the possibility of injury to a man if the seat is left down.

Lemme tell ya. If a guy pee's on that seat he certianly risks bodily injury! "Hell hath no wrath like a woman..." Wink
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 08:20 am
Setanta seemed a bit outraged and, at the same time curious as to the exact location of Linkat's toothbrush.

Quote:
Where the hell do you keep your toothbrushes ? ! ? ! ?

You're not going to like this, Setanta, but she actually keeps it suspended from a piece of nylon fishing line. The damn thing hangs dangerously close to the toilet opening.

I guess you'll have to ask Linkat for the reason behind her madness...

http://www.kaganonline.com/Newsletter/imagesforthisissueonly/toothbrush_toilet.jpg
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 09:49 am
You're close Gus, but I do rinse them in the toilet as it saves on water usage.

Actually I keep my toothbrushes in a drawer, but I know many people who keep their toothbrushes in a toothbrush holder on the bathroom counter. The problem is when flushing particles from inside the bowl can jump 20 feet.

Here is an excerpt of why I it is dangerous to flush with the seat upÂ…
"Experiments on toothbrush disinfectant reveal E.coli grows on wet toothbrushes left out on the bathroom counters in toothbrush holders or cups as a result of contaminated aerosols released into the air after flushing the toilet -these tiny droplets contaminated with E.coli and other enteric organisms settle on wet toothbrushes and the bugs multiply and then infect the oral cavity. The idea that E.coli comes from contaminated toothbrushes in bathrooms explains (partially) why some people grow E.coli when we do cultures of saliva samples (the other reason is, of course. is 'honeymoon syndrome' - oral sex. It also explains why you can get serious pneumonia infections when your immune system is compromised (e.g. while in the hospital). Then there are the kids in the family who let their pet dog lick them on the mouth. If the dog doesn't pick up enteric organisms from licking itself you- know-where, it could easily pick up human enteric organisms from drinking toilet water."
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 09:57 am
Hmm...well, I suppose if the seat were down, you could safely sit there and flush, letting the water shoot up yer ass, thereby protecting the precious toothbrushes. My dog is too short to reach the toilet, and isn't allowed in the bathroom anyway, so I don't worry about it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 11:06 am
My sweetiepie follows the rather salutary practice of keeping three bowls of water, freshened once or more often per day, in the house--two downstairs and one upstairs.

My toothbrush is not within 20 feet of the commode, the cover of which i close when i flush, because the damned thing doesn't work right, and i need to remove the lid on the tank to assure that the flapper seats properly.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 11:09 am
Just to clarify - the bowls of water are for the dogs.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 11:11 am
Damn, i'm glad you pointed that out--i was gettin' horrible lower back pain . . .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 11:11 am
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 02:05 pm
we've got the same flapper reset problem in the downstairs commode... it boggles the mind that mankind has yet to perfect that particular apparatus -- we can send a robotic camera to a distant planet, but we can't design a terlet that works properly.
sheesh...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 03:26 pm
Linkat, tell me more about this 'honeymoon syndrome.'
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 03:37 pm
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 03:48 pm
Not quite as exotic as I expected.

Do they put women to sleep because of this?

Or is it not life-threatening?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 03:52 pm
This can be treated by taking an antibiotic.
0 Replies