Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,530 • Replies: 70
No top replies

pueo

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 09:17 pm
damn straight...........
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 09:18 pm
pffffftttttbbbbbttttthhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 09:19 pm
I've always thought that was an option. It should just be all the way, one way or the other.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 09:21 pm
Sometimes it makes more sense to go one way or the other (says the guy that grew up with 7 sisters) but when it's a one-2-one thing.. I say ya arm wrestle for it.
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 09:40 pm
I guess you guys have never gotten up in the middle of the night, and in consideration for someone sleeping didn't turn on the bathroom light, and plopped your bottom in the bowl cause the seat was up? Didn't think so. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 09:42 pm
Ive been through this previously and the simplest solution to end all the fuss is one no one ever seems to see...must be too glaring for anyone.

We must simply ALL close the lid.

pthbth
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 09:43 pm
Kirstin, I have heard that argument. It is essentially the same as "Boys need to be extra considerate, because girls are dumb." And I don't buy that girls are dumb, so I don't buy the argument.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 10:11 pm
Kirsten - It's happened to me, but I blame myself for not checking first.

I agree with Q - leave the whole thing closed. It's good feng shui (sp?) and the cat can't drink from the bowl.
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 10:12 pm
SCoates wrote:
Kirstin, I have heard that argument. It is essentially the same as "Boys need to be extra considerate, because girls are dumb." And I don't buy that girls are dumb, so I don't buy the argument.

Essentially the same? Not at all! In my scenario, the girl is the one being extra considerate don't you see?

I agree with quinn 1, especially because I have pets with no qualms about drinking at the porcelain throne.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 10:15 pm
Considerate does no mean intelligent. Smile
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 10:17 pm
Why dont we all close the lid anyway--who wants to look at the gaping hole of toilet really?

(I must admit however that Ive fallen out of habit of doing this myself, due to the very odd bathroom I have..I try to do it everywhere else though)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 10:20 pm
I'm totally in the habit of closing it all up. I am constantly closing the pot.

Kirsten, what happens in the middle of the night when you sit down on a close lid?
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 10:21 pm
Quinn, you definitely have your point, but I am the type of man who doesn't believe in ma,ing the bed, since I'm going to use it again.
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 10:29 pm
SCoates wrote:
Considerate does no mean intelligent. Smile

You know, when I get up in the middle of the night, I'm pretty much on auto-pilot. I don't think my intellect plays a big role, I just need to pee!

littlek- same thing, I just automatically reach for the lid to lift it, which is only problematic in a hotel room with those funny split unisex seats and no actual lid...Say now theres another alternative!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 10:30 pm
so, if you reached for the lid and didn't find it, you'd know the seat was up?
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 10:33 pm
And we need to get rid of those fuzzy toilet seats. Women only put those on because they know the seat won't stay up with it on there. Nothing like getting banged in the knees when you're trying to take a leak in the middle if the night.

But you know we can solve all of this by putting urinals as a standard fixture in residential bathrooms. Women don't need all that counter space! Lop off about two feet of that counter space and lets put in some urinals Mad
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 10:40 pm
Laughing I guess littlek! Everything's strange in the dark. Have you ever turned off the alarm when the phone was ringing? I once reached for a glass of water and poured it all over myself and the bed!

roverraod, what I personally hate, are those soft cushy plastic seats.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 10:40 pm
I think urinals are fine in the home so long as there a) room for them and b) also a toilet for us.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 10:43 pm
kirsten wrote:
roverraod, what I personally hate, are those soft cushy plastic seats.

I have one of those and I live alone. It came with the place. You're right, I don't think they are very sanitary.
0 Replies