Women should leave the seat UP for us!

littlek

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 10:52 pm
yeah, sanitation is key - no fuzzies, no crinkly plastic covers.... NO rugs at the base of the toilet - yuck.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 10:53 pm
Kirsten - you're a heavy sleeper, eh? I know I've dreamt that the phone was ringing when it was actually the alarm.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 08:47 am
the closed-lid rule was in put in effect 24-7 by dad when i was a wee lad -- we had a dog, as well as a number of cats... to this day i still abide without even thinking about it.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 08:51 am
kirsten wrote:
You know, when I get up in the middle of the night, I'm pretty much on auto-pilot. I don't think my intellect plays a big role, I just need to pee!

If a male in the house was also on auto-pilot in the middle of the night and went into the bathroom, didn't check and pee'd all over the seat and then went back to bed wouldn't that be an equeal argument for leaving the seat up all the time? Shocked
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 10:03 am
Are we talking about the top-lid as well, or the bottom-lid only?

It seems to me (from casual observation over the years) that men use the toilet for both functions more often than women - feel free to disagree if that's not the case.

It therefore makes more sense to leave it up, as men are putting it up for a piss more often then women are putting it down for one.

As for 'dropping the kids off at the pool, everyone needs the seat down, but as it's a matter of 1 second extra, I can't see what the problem is...!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 10:09 am
Quote:
Everything's strange in the dark

really? i've no trouble finding what needs to found, in the dark...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 12:04 pm
Yes! Fellow closed-lid advocates! If you had a chamber pot, you wouldn't leave it sitting open in the middle of your bedroom, would you?
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 12:10 pm
littlek wrote:
I think urinals are fine in the home so long as there a) room for them and b) also a toilet for us.

These are kind of nice...
http://www.xeni.net/images/bb/pray.jpg
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 05:50 pm
Pissing on nuns is "nice"?!?!? No no no no no!

I'm with littlek & quinn. We have pets, so both lids stay down when not in use. We've all (male & female) gotten used to opening & closing every time we go. Although we do have fuzzy covers. They are laundered quite often, though. Makes a nicer seat for putting on socks & shoes, doctoring kids' cuts & scrapes, etc. (There's not enough room in our bathrooms for a separate chair.)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 06:00 pm
Seat?

Bushes have seats?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 06:09 pm
I am soooooo not going there! Shocked
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 06:10 pm
Okay, time to fess up...how many times have the guys woken up bleary-eyed in the middle of the night and accidentally took a crap in the bidet? I mean really...who needs a freakin' bidet?
0 Replies

Eve

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 06:17 pm
I put the seat up after me, otherwise it gets peed on.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 06:33 pm
What's a bidet?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 06:34 pm
'Tis a porcelaine device destined to wash yer butt . . .
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 06:34 pm
Ask the wimmins SCoates.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 06:37 pm
Setanta wrote:
'Tis a porcelaine device destined to wash yer butt . . .

Not just that, Set...that rush of water hitting just the right place....like I said to SCoates, ask the wimmins, but I doubt any of 'em will come clean, no pun intended.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 06:43 pm
I was tryin' to tailor the description to the likely use to which a clueless guy would probably put such a device . . .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 06:50 pm
I'm giving Setanta a shovel for Easter. He can go dig himself a hole in the backyard. He can keep the lid up on that.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 06:51 pm
What countries have those?
0 Replies