Snowdon is a dummy

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 03:15 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Wow indeed as once more our government is a far greater danger to our freedoms then terrorists.

Let see it was not terrorists at the beginning of our nation who under the Alien and Sedition Acts placed men in prison for daring to say bad things about our government and our president.

It was not terrorists who using the Sedition Act of 1918 placed a movie producer into prison for years for creating an anti-brits revolutionary movie, along with others during WW1 who spoke out against the war.

It was not terrorists who round up a hundred thousand or so US citizens and placed them in camps during ww2 and then did not made them financially whole after the war.

Some television channels I just do not like, Bill. FOX News, for instance.

I stay away from FOX News because I dislike it.

In other words...I go to other television stations...stations that I like.

That seems to be the sensible way to handle that.

Perhaps you should consider joining Snowden in a place where the government might be more to your liking.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 04:06 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Like North Korea or China. Hell they would love Bill for about 5 min than march him off to a firing squad.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 04:09 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Show one case of that happening!!!!!

Here are some of the people killed by the terrorists after Snowden showed the terrorists how to evade US intelligence:

James Foley (American)

Steven Sotloff (American)

David Haines (British)

Hervé Gourdel (French)

Alan Henning (British)

Peter Kassig (American, former Army Ranger)

Haruna Yukawa (Japanese)

Kenji Goto (Japanese)

Kayla Mueller (American, repeatedly raped before death)

BillRM wrote:
Footnote the federal government is more of a threat to our freedoms then all the terrorists in the world.

The NRA will protect us.
BillRM

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 04:15 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Sorry but I do not think that I am going to allowed thugs under the color of government and using the fear of terrorists under our beds to forced me out of my own nation.

Knowing history is comforting as this is hardly the first period in our history where the government have gotten into the hands of evil people who used fear to gather power to themselves.

The last time this silliness happen was in the 1950s where it was not the fear of evil terrorists but instead evil communists under all of our beds.
BillRM

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 04:17 pm
@oralloy,
An how was those persons killed due to any actions of Snowden?

By the way the art of avoiding US electronic gathering hardly begin with Snowden and for decades a few minutes research would had been all that is needed.

Programs such as PGP and steganography programs have been around a long long time.

The only ones that the government can spy on is the bulk of US and foreigners who are innocent of wrong doing and who therefore take no precautions to avoid all the governments spying done around the world.
hingehead

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 04:17 pm
Snowden now on twitter at @snowden

Love his sense of humour - he only follows one account: @nsagov - had a pretty funny joke with Neil Tyson too.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 04:24 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
An how was those persons killed due to any actions of Snowden?

Snowden made it a lot easier for the terrorists to evade US intelligence.
BillRM

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 04:27 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Snowden made it a lot easier for the terrorists to evade US intelligence.

Nonsense as a damn hobby I could set up a network that the damn NSA could not spy on and so could a few millions others long before Snowden came forward.

NASA and such are only good for allowing governments to spy on their populations in mass.or spying on very narrow targets spending millions to get hardware and software into the targets computers and hardwares.
oralloy

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 05:20 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Nonsense

When you tell the terrorists the specific things that are being done to track them, it makes it very easy for the terrorists to evade those specific things.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 05:38 pm
@oralloy,
The fact that Joseph Kony has been able to evade not only our spy drones and satellites but also alleged crack boots on the ground for years proves that the terrorists already know what not to do. I am pretty sure that I remember Hillary promising that we would have him in months, something like 3 years ago.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 05:43 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton said Friday she hopes drones will soon be able to see through jungle cover so they can locate warlord Joseph Kony.

Clinton made the remark in Uganda as she watched a small U.S.-made drone that the Ugandan military uses in Somalia to fight al-Qaida-linked militants.

The U.S. last year sent 100 special forces advisers to Central Africa to help hunt Kony, the leader of the Lord’s Resistance Army, a band of jungle-roaming militants known for kidnapping children, taking girls as sex slaves and disfiguring victims. Ugandan forces are at the forefront in the hunt for Kony, whose campaign of terror originated in Uganda but who is now elsewhere in central Africa.

“Now we have to figure out how we can see through thick vegetation to find Joseph Kony,” Clinton said at a Ugandan military base on Lake Victoria shortly after meeting with Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni.

http://shoebat.com/2012/08/04/hillary-clinton-expresses-hope-drones-will-get-joseph-kony-ignores-source-of-konys-funding/

Hillary Clinton, Aug 2012
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 05:47 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I hereby determine that the individual known as Joseph Kony has committed, or poses a significant risk of committing, acts of terrorism that threaten the security of U.S. nationals or the national security, foreign policy, or economy of the United States.

https://reason.com/blog/2012/03/15/joseph-kony-is-a-terrorist

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice August 2008.

Where is Kony now?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 06:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
The fact that Joseph Kony has been able to evade not only our spy drones and satellites but also alleged crack boots on the ground for years proves that the terrorists already know what not to do.

Knowing the specific things that we are doing to catch them is much more useful to terrorists than just knowing in general that they need to be secretive.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 06:16 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
When you tell the terrorists the specific things that are being done to track them, it makes it very easy for the terrorists to evade those specific things.

Nonsense as there is no magic in the technology to capture or evade the capturing of electronic communication.

It is all plenty must in the public domain and all Snowden did was to tell/warn us that the target had change to mass spying on the world population that is on the internet fuel by billions of dollars budget.
oralloy

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 06:23 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Nonsense as there is no magic in the technology to capture or evade the capturing of electronic communication.

Not nonsense. When you tell the terrorists the specific things that are being done to track them, it makes it very easy for the terrorists to evade those specific things.

BillRM wrote:
It is all plenty must in the public domain

The specific things that our government was doing to catch the terrorists were most certainly not in the public domain.

BillRM wrote:
and all Snowden did was to tell/warn us that the target had change to mass spying on the world population that is on the internet fuel by billions of dollars budget.

That is the one thing he didn't do. We already knew that the NSA was listening to the world.

What Snowden did was tell the terrorists what specific things we were doing to catch them.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 06:24 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

It is all plenty must in the public domain and all Snowden did was to tell/warn us that the target had change to mass spying on the world population that is on the internet fuel by billions of dollars budget.

On the side wards of the Snowden for to go in Russia telling a fair trial...if not why the other one before the end of it?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 07:34 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
The specific things that our government was doing to catch the terrorists were most certainly not in the public domain.

I question if you happen to know the most basic elements of the internet such as packets types less alone such subjects as hashing protocols and salting or block cipher modes such as ECB, CBC, or OFB.

How about security measures such as maintaining an air gap between the internet and the encrypting computer?

So to sum up why do you think you know enough to have an opinion on this subject?
oralloy

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2015 12:51 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
So to sum up why do you think you know enough to have an opinion on this subject?

Because I understand that it is a lot easier to avoid detection if you know exactly what is being done to try to detect you.
BillRM

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2015 02:06 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Because I understand that it is a lot easier to avoid detection if you know exactly what is being done to try to detect you.

Once more what can be done even with an unlimited budget is in the public domain and there is no reason to assume that our enemies are not as bright as we are.

Massive non-target spying is not hard to defeat no matter what the resources happen to be.

That is the reason that governments around the world are crying about more and more of internet traffic of all kinds being encipher.

It call the internet going dark problem.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2015 09:52 am
@BillRM,
From what I understand, the cold war was not something to dismiss, just like terrorist are not something to dismiss. I agree both should be in perspective though. I also agree mass data collecting does not seem to be worth the loss of privacy in terms of efficiency and we would not have known the full extent or experts might not have looked at it if not for Snowden and his theft of classified documents and giving to unauthorized persons. However, it was a reckless thing to do and an illegal thing to do. Personally I think he did it for the attention, he can't seem to get enough of it.