Snowdon is a dummy

RABEL222

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 10:42 pm
@McTag,
Same in the U S.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2015 07:56 am
I have been trying to figure out if Snowden is saying aliens are out there or if he is just giving a hypothetical.

Quote:
So if you have an alien civilization trying to listen for other civilizations, or our civilization trying to listen for aliens, there's only one small period in the development of their society when all of their communication will be sent via the most primitive and most unprotected means.

So when we think about everything that we're hearing through our satellites or everything that they're hearing from our civilization (if there are indeed aliens out there), all of their communications are encrypted by default.

So what we are hearing, that's actually an alien television show or, you know, a phone call ... is indistinguishable to us from cosmic microwave background radiation.

source

There is a link to the full answer embedded at the source above.
BillRM

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2015 08:00 am
@revelette2,
He is saying clearly that trying to listen for an advance alien culture is pointless as if there are such then their communications will not be able to be told from background noise due to being encrypted.
revelette2

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2015 08:11 am
@BillRM,
Why bring up alien civilizations to make his point? It just confuses the issue completely. Odd. It should pointless to try to listen to alien culture to start with regardless of encryption or whatever.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2015 09:13 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

I have been trying to figure out if Snowden is saying aliens are out there or if he is just giving a hypothetical.

Quote:
So if you have an alien civilization trying to listen for other civilizations, or our civilization trying to listen for aliens, there's only one small period in the development of their society when all of their communication will be sent via the most primitive and most unprotected means.

So when we think about everything that we're hearing through our satellites or everything that they're hearing from our civilization (if there are indeed aliens out there), all of their communications are encrypted by default.

So what we are hearing, that's actually an alien television show or, you know, a phone call ... is indistinguishable to us from cosmic microwave background radiation.

source

There is a link to the full answer embedded at the source above.

Given the fact that he starts by saying, "so if..." it's a hypothetical.
revelette2

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2015 10:10 am
@InfraBlue,
Perhaps, it is just an odd conversation which really makes no point unless he really thinks there is life "out there" to either listen to and listen in on us.
BillRM

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2015 11:41 am
@revelette2,
Why as given the sized of the known universe it seems a sure thing that there are billions of advance civilizations at the very least.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2015 01:22 pm
@revelette2,
There has been a search for extraterrestrial life for quite some time now. The US government has funded much of the research on this. Are you familiar with SETI?
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2015 04:31 pm
I am by no means a scientist, been a long time since I was school, but even then, I did poorly in science, got by, by the skin of my teeth. Moreover, I didn't listen to the podcast as I don't think it was closed caption. It was just an odd conversation is all I was saying and still say.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 01:47 pm
Snowden had just open a twitter account with over 400 thousands follower already.

One wonder how must effort and taxpayers dollars the government is now going to spend checking out half a millions or so of his twitter followers.

Wonderful in the so call land of the free and home of the brave we need to be concern over such issues.

footnote the one account that so far he is following is the NSA.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 01:49 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Snowden had just open a twitter account with over 400 thousands follower already.

One wonder how must effort and taxpayers dollars the government is now going to spend checking out half a millions or so of his twitter followers.

Wonderful in the so call land of the free and home of the brave we need to be concern over such issues.

Yeah.

So why are you so concerned?
BillRM

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 02:09 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Yeah.

So why are you so concerned?

For example without a court order or any judicial review some unknown bureaucrat can place you on a no fly list and greatly interfere with your freedom to travel.

Hell some bureaucrat with a sense of humor stopped Senator Kennedy from returning to Washington DC at one point.

We no longer live in a land of the free, if some government bureaucrat get some bug up his ass. concerning you.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 02:14 pm

Maybe one day when I see fresh posts and open this thread, I'll discover news that Snowden "tripped" next to some malfunctioning elevator doors and "fell" down the shaft.
BillRM

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 02:16 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
hat Snowden "tripped" next to some malfunctioning elevator doors and "fell" down the shaft.

That would be a very sad ending for an American hero.
oralloy

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 02:18 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
That would be a very sad ending for an American hero.

Hardly a hero. All he has done is help terrorists kill innocent Americans.
BillRM

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 02:22 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
All he has done is help terrorists kill innocent Americans.

Show one case of that happening!!!!!

Footnote the federal government is more of a threat to our freedoms then all the terrorists in the world.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 02:26 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
All he has done is help terrorists kill innocent Americans.

Show one case of that happening!!!!!

All I want is to give him a chance to clear his name. I want him to get a fair trial.

You too, right, Bill?

Quote:
Footnote the federal government is more of a threat to our freedoms then all the terrorists in the world.

The frightening part of that...is that I think you actually feel that way!

Wow.
BillRM

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 02:48 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
The frightening part of that...is that I think you actually feel that way!

Wow.

Wow indeed as I remember how in my youth the very idea of having secret courts/star chambers was said to be a very clear sign that the government involved was a totalitarian state. The logic then as now seem solid to me.

Next we do not even need any court to take away the freedom to travel by air and the person who had lost that freedom only find out about it when he or she show up to travel as Senator Kennedy did one fine day.

Of course Senator Kennedy unlike most citizens had the private number of the head of Homeland security.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 02:55 pm
@BillRM,
I'll stick with the "wow", Bill.
BillRM

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2015 03:08 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Wow indeed as once more our government is a far greater danger to our freedoms then terrorists.

Let see it was not terrorists at the beginning of our nation who under the Alien and Sedition Acts placed men in prison for daring to say bad things about our government and our president.

It was not terrorists who using the Sedition Act of 1918 placed a movie producer into prison for years for creating an anti-brits revolutionary movie, along with others during WW1 who spoke out against the war.

It was not terrorists who round up a hundred thousand or so US citizens and placed them in camps during ww2 and then did not made them financially whole after the war.