Snowdon is a dummy

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 03:01 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

You could present some evidence... Or rather, you couldn't. 'Number of hits' proves nothing (other than your frequent sexually abuse of unicorns). So far, you showed evidence that the Academie had put up a new website proposing gallic alternative to 'tweet' and 'hashtag', and that a bill is being pushed through the French parliament to allow university courses in English. Try again, or just admit that your point was a tired cliché... As simple as that. But that would be too frank.

One...when I am wrong...I acknowledge it. I’ve never actually seen you do that, by the way, Olivier. Never.

Have you ever acknowledged being wrong…or are we to assume you never are?

Two...there are all sorts of news reports that I have given links to...that support what I was saying. You seem to want to disregard them…and even suggest I never gave links to sources. C’mon!

Three...I am not busting balls here. I have no grudge with the French (whether you truly are one or not.)

Several years ago, there was a thread devoted (primarily) to dumping on the French. I was one of the people who spoke up for them...who defended them.

You might take a look at this thread. Here is my first comment in it:

http://able2know.org/topic/5588-1#post-149907

And my second:
http://able2know.org/topic/5588-1#post-150669

There are no tired cliché’s going on here, Olivier. There is just you…trying to work out of the hole you have dug again. (And I try so hard to stop you from making the same silly mistake over and over again!)

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnUS88gP_-Y3oLZQi51crNpXmzUD3Mi_bsrFCK61cis6VjgJ3DlfP2oA
Olivier5

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 05:43 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Boring stereotypes.

It seems Anti-Froggism is the last form of racism that's widely accepted in the US. You guys can't use words like 'nigger' or 'yikes' anymore, but speaking bad of the frogs is A-okay...

BillRM

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 09:08 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
It seems Anti-Froggism is the last form of racism that's widely accepted in the US. You guys can't use words like 'nigger' or 'yikes' anymore, but speaking bad of the frogs is A-okay...

Well in the US we have not forgiven you for the French and Indian war let alone coming down to South Florida and driving at 30 mph on our highways and being so cheap as far as tipping waitresses and others are concern.

On a more serous side note I once have a French Canadian co-worker who told me how he have to fight to be able to be educated in English as he was after all a French Canadian and was therefore not suppose to be allow into an English language school.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 01:38 am
@BillRM,
Don't forget that the US fought both the Brits and French in our history.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 03:04 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
I once have a French Canadian co-worker who told me how he have to fight to be able to be educated in English as he was after all a French Canadian and was therefore not suppose to be allow into an English language school.
So they didn't teach English on other than "English language schools" and he/you aren't allowed to go there?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 03:24 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Clearly someone wasn't taught English, and it's doesn't take an Einstein to work out who that was.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 04:29 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
and he/you aren't allowed to go there?

A highly predictable personal attacks but I am somewhat surprised that it is you who had launched that attacked given that we had been more in agreement then disagreement on this thread.

That manner of attacked in more Izzy and other such low lives styles.
BillRM

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 04:35 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Don't forget that the US fought both the Brits and French in our history.

Very true and it was English forces who burned down the capital during the war of 1812 however our conflicts with England had always been of the nature of being within the family.

To this day a large percent of the American people still view England with affection, as the former mother country.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 05:36 am
@BillRM,
Question Question Question

I asked a question. Because I wondered about your response. And just and only wanted to have it verified. (My "you" was used not personally but like "one".)
BillRM wrote:
a French Canadian co-worker who told me how he have to fight to be able to be educated in English as he was after all a French Canadian and was therefore not suppose to be allow into an English language school.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 06:58 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Boring stereotypes.

Like I said...I guess we have to disregard all the information that the 52 million hits offers to back up what I was saying...and accede to your demand that none of that is true.

Or just laugh at your demand.

I choose Door #2, because you have already shown yourself to be unreliable when it comes to telling the truth.

Olivier5

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 07:10 am
@BillRM,
The French and Indian wars... Jesus. Do you still hate the Indians, too?
Olivier5

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 07:12 am
@Frank Apisa,
Loser.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 07:14 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Loser.

Yes, you are. But I wonder why you keep coming back to prove it.

0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 09:49 am
German Opposition Loses Snowden Hearing Bid
BERLIN — Dec 12, 2014, 4:07 AM ET
Associated Press

Germany's highest court has thrown out a bid by opposition parties to force the government to allow former NSA contractor Edward Snowden to come to Berlin to testify about the agency's activities.

Members of the opposition Greens and Left Party want a parliamentary panel investigating the National Security Agency's activities to hear Snowden in person. However, the government doesn't want to allow Snowden into the country, citing the potential damage to relations with the U.S.

The Federal Constitutional Court said Friday it has rejected as legally inadmissible a suit by the two opposition parties against the government's stance.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 10:45 am
@Olivier5,
Correct, but only because
Quote:
Die beanstandete Einschätzung der Bundesregierung zu rechtlichen Fragen im Zusammenhang mit der Zeugenvernehmung von Edward Snowden in Berlin ist lediglich vorläufig; sie stellt daher keine rechtserhebliche Maßnahme dar, die zulässiger Gegenstand eines Organstreitverfahrens sein könnte.
Source
The court says that the legal matters about inviting Snowden as a witness are only preliminary. Thus, there's no legal reason which can be disputed and dealt with at this court.
BillRM

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 10:54 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Jesus. Do you still hate the Indians, too?

Depend on family history as some tribes in the South West was still raiding and killings on both sides of the US/Mexician border as late as the the 1880s or so. About the time period my grandfathers was being born.

In fact at times it got so bad on the Mexican side of the border that there was starvation due to farmers and field workers not being willing to go out and work the land for fear of being killed in raids.

Indians are now only view as victims of evil white culture but at least some tribes have a lot of blood on their hands of innocents men women and children.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 11:54 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Indians are now only view as victims of evil white culture

I know, but don't you worry: it's still ok to hate the French for some vague skirmishes dating back to the 18th century...
BillRM

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 12:19 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
it's still ok to hate the French for some vague skirmishes dating back to the 18th century...

Why not and Americans have very very short memory compare to most people in the world including the French.

Oh an let not forget their slow slow driving on our highways in fact you can buy bumper stickers in the south of the US that state that when I retired I am going to move to French Canada and drive at 20 MPH in the middle of rush hour.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 12:27 pm
@BillRM,
Why not indeed. Scapegoats can always be useful.

The French have forgiven the English for Jeanne of Arc. I hope the English have forgiven the French for Hasting. Smile
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 12:27 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I know it was popular for some of far right to hate the French in political talk. However, I honestly have never come any normal every day person who has strong feelings in regards to the French anymore they would the English (or British?) in conversations, much less racial slurs. I think that was a ridiculous statement. It seems so popular to be a victim nowadays.