Snowdon is a dummy

BillRM

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 12:25 pm
@revelette2,
Wondering how he is going to go forward with his life is fine but claiming that anyone would care about any future children of his and to the degree of the English Royal family is more then a little crazy.
revelette2

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 12:42 pm
@BillRM,
Well, I don't know, you and others who read Wired or Guardian or some other such newspaper, (was an India one you posted a while back?) thought it of interest when his girlfriend moved to Russia.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 12:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I am not criticizing him with this line of questioning, mostly just messing around. Where is the insult in wondering what nationality of child of his would have if his child is born in Russia?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 12:48 pm
@revelette2,
FYI, he's still an American. In my opinion, more so than many who claim to be an American - like you!
revelette2

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 12:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You are a master of stating the obvious, of course he is still an American.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 12:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Why does any god have to be jealous?

Exactly! Which only illustrates Christian religious followers or those who penned the Old and New Testaments assigned human characteristics to their deity. Jealousy, anger, revenge, all of these are mentioned in the Bible and attributed as God's quotes.

Rational thought among level-headed individuals, will understand if there is a god who is absolute, unlimited, omnipotent, then there is no need for him to be jealous of anyone for he is thought to be the Creator. People who are jealous tend to be anxious, unassured, and sometime afraid.....does this sound like an almighty god?! A god has no need of these human flaws for hypothetically, he is so far removed from these human defects.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 12:57 pm
@revelette2,
You questioned the nationality of his children. You still don't 'get it.'
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 01:05 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
Where is the insult in wondering what nationality of child of his would have if his child is born in Russia?

There is absolutely no insult in wondering what nationality a child of Snowden's will be if born in Russia. There are many who ask this very same question.

America recognizes all children born in foreign nations to American parents as American citizens. Take a good look at the Tea Party extremist, Ted Cruz, who would like to run for President of the US; he was born in Canada, but one of his parents was born in the US and one in Cuba.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 01:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

FYI, he's still an American. In my opinion, more so than many who claim to be an American - like you!

Revelette is as much of an American as you. Why would you make such a statement to her? I'm surprised at you, CI! Because she has an inquisitive mind and has disdain for Edward Snowden!? I think Revelette is an exceptional poster, and a terrific American to the core who asks some of the best questions by anyone on this thread.
revelette2

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 01:16 pm
Getting back to what if thing, (religious stuff have a thread, do they not?) of Snowden. Found a page, not really official, but if true, helpful.

Quote:
Although the "citizenship by birth" rules have been complex, the February 2001 Child Citizenship Act (CCA) simplified the process. Now, a child who is under the age of 18, was born outside the U.S., and has at least one U.S. citizen parent automatically acquires U.S. citizenship upon entry into the country as an immigrant. No further paperwork is necessary. The parent may request a Certificate of Citizenship and U.S. Passport for the child if proof of the baby's American-ness is desired.

But this process only applies to children permanently residing in the U.S. If the child is under 18, was born outside the United States, but lives abroad in the physical and legal custody of a U.S. citizen parent or U.S. citizen grandparent, the parent or grandparent must apply for naturalization of the child. In addition, more criteria must be met.

The U.S. citizen parent or grandparent must have been physically present in the U.S. for five years before the child's birth, at least two of which were after age fourteen. Further, the child must be temporarily present in the U.S. for the naturalization process and to recite the oath of allegiance. Of course, if the child is too young to understand the oath, this requirement may be waived.

At this naturalization ceremony, the foreign-born, foreign-resident babies gain not only a certificate of citizenship but also membership into an exclusive club. The Constitution rules that only "natural born" citizens can hold our highest office, so it seems these new Americans won't grow up to be President either. The regulations suggest parents who contemplate baby's future run for the White House may want to consider permanent residence in the United States after the birth of little George or Hilary.

As with other areas of immigration and naturalization in this post-9/11 world, the guidelines change often. As such, these rules only apply to those children born on or after the effective date of the CCA. The law in place at the time of the child's birth governs immigration, so research carefully.

If you are expecting a child abroad and want to be sure of your baby's citizenship, check with your local embassy for the latest laws. In any case, you should register your child's birth with the embassy as soon as possible as the first step in establishing your child's claim to U.S. citizenship at birth.

Also, you'll be on your way to making sure you and your child can wave the Stars and Stripes next Fourth of July, vote together when the little one is 18, and perhaps, if you've thought ahead, tread the campaign trail.

source
revelette2

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 01:18 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Thank you, not really true, but thank you just the same. CI just gets carried away I think. Or he may really think that, no biggie to me either way.
BillRM

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 01:20 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
in wondering what nationality of child of his would have if his child is born in Russia?

Yes right, with comments such as certain circles of peoples will care about any future children to the same degree as the British Royal family offsprings!!!!

Why do you not take ownership of your attempts to attacked both Snowden and his supporters with such comments?
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 01:29 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:

Thank you, not really true, but thank you just the same. CI just gets carried away I think. Or he may really think that, no biggie to me either way.

I have learned the hard way to let insults roll off my back....it's not always easy.... but when a poster I admire comes under attack, well, I tend to strike back. You seem to possess an unusual mind, Revelette, one that thirsts for knowledge; frequently I appreciate the many questions you ask....continue to be yourself. I'll stop now because I don't want to embarrass you. No need to respond.
_______
Yes, I do know CI gets carried away at times, but primarily I believe him to be basically a good and decent person whom I admire for many regards towards Gays, Minorities, the Defenseless, and the underdog in general society. I don't think one could pick a better person to have on one's side.
revelette2

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 02:09 pm
@BillRM,
I would if I thought I was insulting anybody. I honestly was not attempting to. I really thought it would make the news if he and his girlfriend was to have a child, and in some circles, be pretty interesting. Perhaps I overstated, excuse the heck of out of me.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 02:10 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
Yes, I do know CI gets carried away at times, but primarily I believe him to be basically a good and decent person whom I admire for many regards towards Gays, Minorities, the Defenseless, and the underdog in general society. I don't think one could pick a better person to have on one's side.

Agreed.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 02:31 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
You are a master of stating the obvious, of course he is still an American.
Well, revoking a passport is at least nearly the same as deprivation of citizenship.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 02:37 pm
@revelette2,
That certainly is correct. But if an US-American or anyone else is living outside the country of which she/he is a citizen, her/his baby is registered there ... and the nationality laws of that country are firstly to consider. (Which leads mostly to dual nationalities and often to further trouble.)
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 03:22 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Well, revoking a passport is at least nearly the same as deprivation of citizenship.

Hmm not sure I agree on that and under the US laws and constitution back by SC rulings it is almost impossible to revoke constitutional citizenship.

Non-constitutional citizens such as naturalized citizens or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico citizens is another matter in that the citizenship is being granted not by the Constitution but by acts of congress instead and can also be taken away by acts of congress.

Below is a link concerning this matter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afroyim_v._Rusk
revelette2

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 03:30 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I suppose she could move back if she becomes pregnant and avoid the whole question, but then, if she really wants to be with him, it's a sticky situation all around.
BillRM

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 03:39 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afroyim_v._Rusk

The opinion of the Court—written by Associate Justice Hugo Black, and joined by Chief Justice Warren and Associate Justices William O. Douglas and Abe Fortas—as well as Associate Justice Brennan, who had been part of the majority in Perez—was grounded in the reasoning Warren had used nine years earlier in his Perez dissent.[55][56][57] The court's majority now held that "Congress has no power under the Constitution to divest a person of his United States citizenship absent his voluntary renunciation thereof."[41][58] Specifically repudiating Perez,[59][60] the majority of the justices rejected the claim that Congress had any power to revoke citizenship[61] and said that "no such power can be sustained as an implied attribute of sovereignty".[41] Instead, quoting from the Citizenship Clause, Black wrote:

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States ... are citizens of the United States...." There is no indication in these words of a fleeting citizenship, good at the moment it is acquired but subject to destruction by the Government at any time. Rather the Amendment can most reasonably be read as defining a citizenship which a citizen keeps unless he voluntarily relinquishes it. Once acquired, this Fourteenth Amendment citizenship was not to be shifted, canceled, or diluted at the will of the Federal Government, the States, or any other governmental unit.[62][63

however—Vance v. Terrazas[83]—the Supreme Court ruled that intent to relinquish citizenship needed to be proved by itself, and not simply inferred from an individual's having voluntarily performed an action designated by Congress as being incompatible with an intent to keep one's citizenship.[84][85]

0 Replies