Snowdon is a dummy

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 01:07 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

You do know,Frank, that under US-law something might be legal but still is unconstitutional? (At least that's constitutional comments say.)

I do not "know" that, but it might be.

Give an example of what you think to be that case.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 01:10 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:
Is it constitutional to put up traffic lights at various intersections...or is it still up in the air until the SCOTUS rules it constitutional?

Is it legal and constitutional to eat my neighbor's liver for breakfast, until ruled otherwise by a court?

No...but that is illegal. There are laws against it...and the laws ARE constitutional without the benefit of the SCOTUS ruling them so.

Putting up a traffic light is not illegal.

You really are desperate, Olivier...and that is even worse than getting hammered.

Jump! C'mon...jump!
Wink
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 01:12 pm
@Frank Apisa,
It's ages ago that I heard "comparative international constitutional law" at law school (actually exactly forty years). And the US-constitution was more or less only tangentially covered.

But since you are you giving Olivier all these constitutional advice, you'll certainly better educated about it
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 01:16 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
A quick google search came up with an opinion in the WP: NSA surveillance may be legal — but it’s unconstitutional
ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 01:18 pm
@InfraBlue,
Yes, thanks Walter and InfraBlue. I just knew it was my computer finally about to poop out. Better today, of course.

Back to the Who's a Dummy Thread..
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 01:22 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Anyway, it is indeed a very boring discussion. But do you really disagree with your own Wikipedia source?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 01:25 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Telekom's and NetCologne security chiefs said that the couldn't find any signs of manipulations and have informed the police/prosecution.
(This "Treasure Map" is said to be a "Google Earth" of the German phone and internet world - Spiegel's print edition will be at the newsagent's on Monday, but since the digital version is already online from tomorrow morning onwards ...)
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 01:29 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

It's ages ago that I heard "comparative international constitutional law" at law school (actually exactly forty years). And the US-constitution was more or less only tangentially covered.

But since you are you giving Olivier all these constitutional advice, you'll certainly better educated about it

I am not giving him any advice. I freely have stated that I am not a lawyer...and certainly not a constitutional scholar.

The things I am discussing with him are really just me dealing with his diversion. I feel sorry for him...he was getting hammered...and I am indulging him.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 01:31 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

A quick google search came up with an opinion in the WP: NSA surveillance may be legal — but it’s unconstitutional

Interesting OPINION piece. I am sure many people agree with it...just as I am sure many think it nonsense.

Under any circumstances, until the SCOTUS finds it unconstitutional...the opinion of the editorial staff of the Washington Post does not prevail.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 01:32 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Anyway, it is indeed a very boring discussion. But do you really disagree with your own Wikipedia source?

Nope.

Stay on the merry-go-round, Olivier...but understand you are already more than dizzy enough.

Better that you jump off.

Jump, Olivier, jump.
Olivier5

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 01:40 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Do you agree or disagree with this sentence:

Quote:
laws, procedures, or acts [...] are considered constitutional until challenged and declared otherwise.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 01:49 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Do you agree or disagree with this sentence:

Quote:
laws, procedures, or acts [...] are considered constitutional until challenged and declared otherwise.

Olivier...jump while you are still slightly sane.

When all this is over, I am going to go back to my original statement (which you quoted)...and you will see that once again, you have gotten hammered.

You are your own worst enemy...because you are careless.

Now...really...as a friend (someone who actually missed you yesterday when A2K was so balky I left it be)...

...stop digging...

...or get off the merry-go-round.

You are not equipped for this stuff, Olivier...and you are always going to get hammered.

Go back and check if you want. You will see that you are taking on more water with each post.

Oh...the answer to your question is: It doesn't matter!
Olivier5

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 01:55 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

I could say the exact same thing of all your answers, Frank... They don't really matter.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 01:57 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier, Frank is traumatized that his own country is lying and using our information for personal gain via unjustified spying, which really started with the "Water Gate".

Please do not address a child as you do, Olivier. Destroy the man's illusion - do not feed it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 02:12 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

I could say the exact same thing of all your answers, Frank... They don't really matter.

The answer to your question, Olivier, was much, much more involved than that. I was being kind to you...giving you a hint of how these things work...of how to get back on track.

You should have done what I suggested...instead you are going to continue to do the intellectual equivalent of a boxer leading with his face.

You gotta get your chin out of the way (you do that by nodding your head forward a bit, which draws your chin into your chest)...but you...oh, nooooo.

Anyway, this is all in fun...and the correct answer is a lot more than "It doesn't matter" (although it doesn't, because you are chasing the wrong shadow)...but you can accept that or not.

Maybe this is your way of jumping!
Olivier5

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 03:28 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
the correct answer is a lot more than "It doesn't matter"

So what IS the correct answer then? It's a very simple question. So you agree or disagree with your own wiki quote?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 03:49 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:
the correct answer is a lot more than "It doesn't matter"

So what IS the correct answer then? It's a very simple question. So you agree or disagree with your own wiki quote?

I've given you the answer already...and another bit of useful information. Continue to stick your jaw out if you must...but I really do not want people thinking I am picking on an incompetent, so I wish you would clean up your act, Olivier.

Go back to the beginning of our discussion. And while you are at it, you might want to check on who used the expression "considered to be" first in this thread.

Now that's another piece of decent, useful advice I've given you. I really want you to improve. Stop fighting me on that score.

But if I were you...I would still jump.

Jump, Olivier, jump!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkLZ2crS_l5cifsJgbkHGzFra2f6km7NEtCnKK6C1aSyNz3zj_
One Eyed Mind

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 03:51 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Fighting with Frank, is like yelling at a chameleon.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 10:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
But he refuses to acknowledge that he is wrong and never will because he believes that as long as he continues to argue he may score some points and win his war. He is delusional.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2014 10:19 pm
@RABEL222,
Says the guy who is choosing sides in a political party.
0 Replies