Snowdon is a dummy

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 04:08 pm
@Olivier5,
I love this one!
Quote:
Why would you concern oneself with pure blind guesses about things that do not affect you in any way and that you will never be able to know anything about...?

He has the audacity to tell anyone else he disagrees with that 'we are not sufficiently informed,' and 'we hate our country.'
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 04:27 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Your mind is broken too...

Nope! My mind is fine for a 78 year older. Lots of forgetfulness...but definitely not broken.

Quote:
Why would you concern oneself with pure blind guesses about things that do not affect you in any way and that you will never be able to know anything about...?

Not concerned about them...just commenting on them. And the suppositions are appropriate to what we were discussing.

You seem to think you determine what people can find of interest...and what they cannot.

Get over yourself on that, Olivier.

Quote:

Be smart, play a sudoku grid instead.

For future reference, we Sudoku fans would not normally say "play a Sudoku grid", Olivier...we would normally just say, "Do a Sudoku." (And I do a Killer Sudoku every day.)

You're welcome! Wink
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 04:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I love this one!
Quote:

He has the audacity to tell anyone else he disagrees with that 'we are not sufficiently informed,' and 'we hate our country.'

I have never said that ANYONE was not sufficiently informed, ci. I have said that you apparently hate your country...mostly because you attempt to heap scorn and contempt on it at every opportunity.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 04:30 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Hey, ci...you can respond. Everyone realizes you are almost certainly reading everything I write.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 04:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

Also, spying on our allies is not ethical or called for. If our government doesn't trust our allies, we are alone in this world.

Oh wake up, CI. All countries spy on each other, especially since most have this new advanced technology, but even before the Internet there were spies all over the place.

Jonathan Pollard was spying for Israel who in turn gave some of this spy information to the Russians during the cold war. It was said the Israelis did it to make sure they would get all the Russian Jews, which they eventually did by airlifting them out of Russia....Usually most spies don't get caught. Snowden made sure the US was made the bad guy....he gave this info to journalists outside the country.

Quote:
I don't know how many times this needs to be repeated, but all one needs to do is to read that document which guarantees its citizens the right to privacy.

Trust me, CI, I have read this. But sometimes in the name of overall protection, some rules will have to be bent. I don't like having to give my social security number when I get my license renewed, or a credit card, or my Smartphone, etc. But yet there is more out there about me than I will probably ever know. CI, the metadata bulk of calls consists of billions. Do you really believe someone is interested in YOU or Me and what we do or who we talk to? If we establish a pattern for some reason that appear to be a threat to the US like many calls to the Middle East, or being in contact with known people who are targets, or wannabe terrorists on a watch list, then they might pay more attention to us.

Quote:
Everything else is diversion, and supports our government's overstepping their legal limits.

You are paranoid. I doubt NSA will stop its surveillance especially during this crisis of ISIS. The US is more of target than ever.

Quote:
Without Snowden, we would never know about this crime perpetrated by or government.

And life would still be going on just as smoothly. Now you have something to worry about since the Snowden release of Federal classified documents, and all your worrying is not going to change anything, at least not at this time. But hey, I hear they are seeking to amend this technology so people will not be "listened" in on, eventually.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 04:46 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
You wrote,
Quote:
Oh wake up, CI.

Please provide PROOF other than Jonathan Pollard. That's over a quarter century ago. Since the US is a supporter of Israel, whose the fool here?
BillRM

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 05:10 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
Jonathan Pollard was spying for Israel who in turn gave some of this spy information to the Russians during the cold war.

Footnote Israel did not recruited Pollard it in fact was the other way around as he was looking for a nation to sell his secrets to and Israel was the second nation officer he approach with his offer after trying his luck with an Australian navy officer.

Unlike Australia they did not turn him down but there is no indication that Israel was trying to recruit American spies or trying to set up spy rings in the US.

It is kind of hard to turn down someone who in his first drop off have two suitcases full of top secret materials.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 05:14 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You're starting to give Q a run for his money.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 05:24 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
And life would still be going on just as smoothly. Now you have something to worry about since the Snowden release of Federal classified documents, and all your worrying is not going to change anything, at least not at this time.

The jury is still on whether the Snowden disclosure will trigger reforms in the various mass spying programs.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 05:33 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
You seem to think you determine what people can find of interest...and what they cannot.

I know you're interested in me and would love to pry on my private life. I should perhaps feel honored to have such a devoted fan but that'd be a dubious honor. I just find it creepy. My private life is none of your business.

Quote:
For future reference, we Sudoku fans would not normally say "play a Sudoku grid", Olivier...we would normally just say, "Do a Sudoku." (And I do a Killer Sudoku every day.)

Thanks, my colloquial English needs training. Would a "killer sudoku" be a variant or a level?
Moment-in-Time

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 05:36 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
The anti-Snowden camp just can't get their act together. The only thing they can do when faced with arguments about the risks of mass spying to democracy, is insult Snowden and us, calling us haters of America and "terroists".

I beg to differ with you, Oliver5. I have deliberately not posted as much on this thread because pro-Snowden posters outnumber me and my emotional equilibrium become a little unsettled. I have mentions myriad times, I feel Snowden stabbed his country in the back, You and your think-a-likes cause me to feel ambushed, making me feel I've done something wrong because I do not see in Edward Snowden what you see. My personal values regarding Edward Snowden's acts are the very antithesis of yours. I place my country before a thief who steals classified documents from it to circulate to other countries so even our enemies can see what we're up to.

I have harshly criticized CI because he, perhaps more than any other poster, has vociferously excoriated the US. Well, when one see a poster denounce severely the country of his birth, while bashing our president, declaring he will never vote again, what is one to think?! It certainly does looks as if he hates America. Yet, he enumerated the many successes he has accomplished in America and that of his family; I finally realized he was venting his anger at his disappointment in the US. I don't think CI hate America but like me, I believe he possess exceptionally strong emotions so that sometimes we go over the top.

There are posters among us with a a real or imagined wrong against the US and this motivates their attacks. While CI was releasing his firebrand rhetoric against the US there was one in particular from the UK praising him, telling his how courageous he was to speak out! It looked to me as if CI were enjoying the applause and the esteem immensely. If he were carrying on because of the admiration he was receiving from one particular poster, then he was being wickedly managed.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 05:43 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You're starting to give Q a run for his money.

Not a chance. Nothing I am saying is way off the mark. You have derogated the United States often...your regard for the US is low.

ci's is even lower than yours...and he lives here. Olivier is moderate...but he seems to love the idea that Snowden did what he did...and I see no reason to suspect that is because he wants the US to be a nicer place.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 05:49 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
You wrote,
Quote:
has vociferously excoriated the US. Well, when one see a poster denounce severely the country of his birth, while bashing our president, declaring he will never vote again, what is one to think?

1. Our democracy guarantees the "freedom of speech."
2. When I voice my opinion about our government, I explain the why's.
3. To attach my love for this country and my displeasure with our government doesn't make me an enemy of this country. Again, it's called the freedom of speech. Americans differ in our opinions about most things involving our politics and politicians. That's the American Way.
4. I have never "denounced the country of my birth." Rather, I have explained in detail why I love this country - that you and others have ignored.
You and others remind me of the time when I was a young man when whites used to tell me to "go back to your own country." It's based on ignorance and bigotry.
5. Prove to me what percentage of Americans have given more to this country than I have (or my family)?

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 05:54 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

I know you're interested in me and would love to pry on my private life. I should perhaps feel honored to have such a devoted fan but that'd be a dubious honor. I just find it creepy. My private life is none of your business.

Your private life IS your business and not mine, Olivier. But you seem so anxious to have your views voiced. I just find it humorous that you do not have the guts to do so with your identity being known.

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks, my colloquial English needs training.

No...your "colloguial English" is quite good...seemingly too good for a supposed Frenchman. I am just about certain you were an American or a Canadian by birth. If not...I congratulate you on your abilities with the subtleties of the language.

Quote:
Would a "killer sudoku" be a variant or a level?

A "Killer Sudoku" is a very difficult variant of the puzzle to which I am addicted. Actually, I was introduced to them by Izzy...something I thank him for in spades. It is an extremely interesting (and much more difficult) version of the usual game.

If you do Sudoku...you ought really to give killers a try. I would start with the "easy" level. Here is a link if you are interested:

http://killersudokuonline.com/

Moment-in-Time

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 06:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

Please provide PROOF other than Jonathan Pollard. That's over a quarter century ago. Since the US is a supporter of Israel, whose the fool here?

Ah, CI,you made me laugh!

Remember Robert Hanssen?
Born April 18, 1944 (age 70)
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
Other names Ramon Garcia, Jim Baker, G. Robertson, Graysuit, "B"
Occupation Former FBI agent and spy for the Soviet Union and later the Russian Federation
Religion Roman Catholic
Criminal charge
18 U.S.C. ยง 794(a) and 794(c)[1] (Espionage Act)
Criminal penalty
Life imprisonment (without parole)
Robert Philip Hanssen (born April 18, 1944) is a former US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agent who spied for Soviet and Russian intelligence services against the United States for 22 years from 1979 to 2001. He is serving a life sentence at ADX Florence in Florence, Colorado.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Hanssen
Olivier5

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 06:14 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
I beg to differ with you, Oliver5. I have deliberately not posted as much on this thread because pro-Snowden posters outnumber me and my emotional equilibrium become a little unsettled. I have mentions myriad times, I feel Snowden stabbed his country in the back, You and your think-a-likes cause me to feel ambushed, making me feel I've done something wrong because I do not see in Edward Snowden what you see. My personal values regarding Edward Snowden's acts are the very antithesis of yours. I place my country before a thief who steals classified documents from it to circulate to other countries so even our enemies can see what we're up to.

I guess it all depends on what exactly you are up to... If it's a threat to most of us, to our peace of mind and security; if it's morally or politically objectionable or dangerous; if it's unconstitutional; if on a pure intell plane it is wasteful and inefficient; then it serves the public good to disclose the information Snowden disclosed.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 06:50 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Your private life IS your business and not mine, Olivier. But you seem so anxious to have your views voiced. I just find it humorous that you do not have the guts to do so with your identity being known.

What difference would it make?

Quote:
I congratulate you on your abilities with the subtleties of the language.

Why, thanks.

Will try my smarts on Daily No. 3182 - Moderate.
BillRM

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 07:19 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
Remember Robert Hanssen?
Born April 18, 1944 (age 70)
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
Other names Ramon Garcia, Jim Baker, G. Robertson, Graysuit, "B"
Occupation Former FBI agent and spy for the Soviet Union and later the Russian Federation

An what the hell does that have to do with Israel or spying on allies for that matter????????????

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 07:23 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

What difference would it make?

Nothing...to someone without the desire and stomach to do it.

I started in the discussion stuff in letters-to-the-editor. We showed our names and addresses on everything we wrote. And I have written hundreds of letters and op ed pieces for dozens of newspapers.

Quote:
Quote:
I congratulate you on your abilities with the subtleties of the language.

Why, thanks.

No problemo!

Quote:
Will try my smarts on Daily No. 3182 - Moderate.

I already have 3182 on my clip board for tonight...after the Seattle/Green Bay game.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 07:37 pm
@BillRM,
Not only that, but the crime levels in the US kills more people than terrorists every will. Also, car accidents take more lives than anything else; 35,200 deaths last year.

Violent crimes in the US in 2012 were 1,214,462. Yeah, over one million.

Some people don't have enough common sense to see the perspectives of what they're afraid of, and willing to give up our Constitutionally guaranteed freedoms and privacy.