Snowdon is a dummy

RABEL222

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 12:06 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
it is the way our system of government works.

Or in my opinion dosent work.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 12:07 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Vocalizing what's happening in the US is not 'tearing it down.' It's reporting what is being observed. That we have the worst performing congress in history is a fact; reporting it is not tearing down the country. The people tearing down this country are the members of congress who plays politics rather than work for the people. If you can't see anything wrong with the House republicans voting 54 times to repeal ACA, there's nothing I can do to open your eyes. NOTHING.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 12:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank said

Jews being Nazis.

Maybe you should choose a different comparison Frank. In my opinion the present Isralie government is showing definite Nazi tendencies.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 12:16 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Quote:
it is the way our system of government works.

Or in my opinion dosent work.

You have a point there, Rabel...so I will amend by comment to "the way our system of government is supposed to work."
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 12:18 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
In my opinion the present Isralie government is showing definite Nazi tendencies

LOL only a very sick mind indeed could find any similarity between acts of pure self defense and the Nazis!!!!!
Baldimo

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 12:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Worst performing congress but ignores the Dems are half of that congress. This is a problem CI. You seem to think the worst congress only contains the GOP. It contains the Dems as well.

Not everyone like the ACA. I don't like the fact it drove my insurance prices higher and I want my rep and congressmen to change it. I want my prices back down to where they were before the govt intervened in something that wasn't broke for the majority of the US.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 12:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Vocalizing what's happening in the US is not 'tearing it down.' It's reporting what is being observed. That we have the worst performing congress in history is a fact; reporting it is not tearing down the country. The people tearing down this country are the members of congress who plays politics rather than work for the people. If you can't see anything wrong with the House republicans voting 54 times to repeal ACA, there's nothing I can do to open your eyes. NOTHING.

He apparently just does not understand, MiT.

He thinks he should be trying to open YOUR eyes...when in fact, he should be working on opening HIS OWN.

He actually seems to be oblivious to the fact that he has been savaging his country...the one that has allowed him and his family to prosper and live a decent life.

I actually think he does not realize how much he loathes this country...if you can wrap your mind around that!
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 12:21 pm
@revelette2,
Laughing "pontificate"= Rant
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 12:26 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

"pontificate"= Rant

Actually, Rabel...it doesn't mean that at all.

One can easily pontificate without ranting...and one can just as easily rant without pontificating.

RABEL222

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 12:29 pm
@Frank Apisa,
But not very often does one pontificate without ranting.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 12:31 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

But not very often does one pontificate without ranting.

They do seem to walk hand-in-hand often, Rabel.

0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 12:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

An American harshly criticizing his country with another American is all good and proper and should be encouraged to get this emotion out of one's system. This is why these boards serve such a therapeutic role, it allow posters to vent freely without fear of recriminations.

When it comes to someone whom it's plain to see dislikes America, and saying what that someone is hungering to hear, condemnation of the country they don't like, it's time to tone it down. You are then engaged in feeding the one who hates America and bringing pain to American poster onlookers. It's fine to agree with those from other countries regarding America's wrong doing, but not as strongly as you have previously done.

We have a dysfunctional government right now which has stymied the President in many of his programs. He wanted to close the Guantanamo Bay detention camp, but he needs the congress to help him do this.......our government is composed of three distinct branches: legislative, executive and judicial. The president has limited executive powers and when he attempts to do what Congress refuses to do they say they are going to sue him. The legislative has placed obstructions galore before the president and still you blame and curse the president......

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 12:45 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
I'm not 'feeding' anybody; that's your opinion based on nothing more than your own imagination. Facts are facts; if they aren't, please provide refuting evidence to challenge what I post.

I don't 'dislike America.' That again is your own imagination. I've explained the why's many times on these boards. I have served my country in many ways including four years in the USAF working with nuclear weapons.

What contributions have you made to this country?

I got my education, and worked in management positions for 88% of my working career. Many of my bosses thought I contributed to the companies I worked for, and was promoted and paid quite well for my contributions.

My wife and I raised two sons who are accomplished. My brother is mayor of his town (2d time), and served two terms in the state legislature. He's also a doctor; he and his partner has 26 doctors working in their two offices.

My older brother fought in the Korean war, and was an Administrative Judge in California. Our sister was an RN, and she started and managed a senior center in Hawaii.

Why would I hate this country?
Moment-in-Time

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 01:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

All the males in my family served in one war or another. My husband volunteered and served 3 years in the Air Force. I belong to Move-on.org. I am involved with the BDSmovement, a portal for the movement for boycotts, divestment and sanctions against Israel. I am a Democrat helping organize people to register especially during presidential elections. What contributions did you expect me to make, CI?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 01:20 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
He asked what you did, not what the men in your family did. Haven't you heard of feminism?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 01:59 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Your contributions compared to mine for this country doesn't give you any authority to belittle my opinions about this country. I'm third generation American, and have done my share contributing to this country in many ways as I've delineated.

Who makes you the judge of who can criticize this country?
Moment-in-Time

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 01:59 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:

He asked what you did, not what the men in your family did. Haven't you heard of feminism?

For your information,IZZYTHEPUSH AKA MR. TWO-FACED HYPOCRITE, I was born a feminist and have always advocated social, political, legal, and economic rights for women that are equal to those of men. I am very active in pressuring our government along with other feminist groups.

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 02:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I'm not 'feeding' anybody; that's your opinion based on nothing more than your own imagination. Facts are facts; if they aren't, please provide refuting evidence to challenge what I post.

I don't 'dislike America.' That again is your own imagination. I've explained the why's many times on these boards. I have served my country in many ways including four years in the USAF working with nuclear weapons.

I got my education, and worked in management positions for 88% of my working career. Many of my bosses thought I contributed to the companies I worked for, and was promoted and paid quite well for my contributions.

My wife and I raised two sons who are accomplished. My brother is mayor of his town (2d time), and served two terms in the state legislature. He's also a doctor; he and his partner has 26 doctors working in their two offices.

My older brother fought in the Korean war, and was an Administrative Judge in California. Our sister was an RN, and she started and managed a senior center in Hawaii.

Why would I hate this country?

See what I mean, MiT. He really is unaware that he loathes this country as much as he does.

And he keeps asking why would he hate it.

I've mentioned several times that he has mentioned several times that he and his family and other people of Japanese ancestry were interred at the beginning of WWII...after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. That seems to have have warped ci's mind...to the point where he hates this country.

He needs help to see it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 02:05 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
I have also,
Quote:
always advocated social, political, legal, and economic rights for women that are equal to those of men. I am very active in pressuring our government along with other feminist groups.

But my advocacy goes beyond women; it goes for minorities, gays and lesbians, seniors, children, and most groups who are discriminated against.

I was the first manager at Florsheim Shoe Company to hire a woman auditor. While working in management positions, I have always advocated for fair pays and benefits for all employees.

I have voted for women who I believed had better values than their male counterparts.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 02:09 pm
MiT...you gotta have some compassion for ci. You gotta ease up.

If you keep this up, he is going to do serious damage to his arm patting himself on the back.

A bit of compassion goes a long way!
0 Replies