Snowdon is a dummy

Olivier5

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 09:49 am
@revelette2,
Stop fixating on the messenger. He's not important, it could have been anybody. The mass spying he uncovered is important though.

The witch hunt against Snowden reminds me of this scene in 'Nineteen Eighty Four' where they all go to an auditorium to collectively hate Emmanuel Goldstein...
JTT

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 10:11 am
@Olivier5,
Still haven't come up with any golden age for the USA, have you, O5?

-----------------

http://iwpchi.wordpress.com/2013/05/07/the-rise-of-u-s-imperialism-teddy-roosevelts-racist-u-s-war-crimes-in-the-philippines-1898/

When searching for the documentary record of the “good old days” back when the U.S. Government provided a shining example of honest government to the world, one quickly comes to the realization that those halcyon days never actually existed. In fact, the record of the English and Dutch occupations of North America, which led to the establishment of English colonies and later to the American Revolution are a record of unparallelled brutality and thievery: first of the lands of the aboriginal peoples of the North American continent, and almost immediately, the twin, world-historic crimes of the genocide of the Native American population and the African Slave Trade show that from its very inception, the U.S. Government has been a plague on world civilization and has been responsible for horrendous atrocities throughout its short and hopefully not much longer-lived history

Olivier5

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 10:37 am
@JTT,
Tell me something I don't know JT.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 10:54 am
@Olivier5,
JTT loves to pound one message on a2k; a ******* bore. He's a sicko; a mental condition that doesn't allow him more normal outlook on life.
revelette2

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 10:59 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I don't buy it. He could have told someone, at least have made the effort. He was the one who said it was done all the time and he witnessed it. (If I remember correctly)In my opinion, that is pretty serious stuff, passing around intimate moments and nudie pictures. Not sure why they even had those kinds of things, I think that crosses some kind of line, but if he saw his fellow workers passing around stuff like that like said he did, then he had a duty to report it or that makes him just as guilty as they are, imo.
JTT

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 12:21 pm
@Olivier5,
Why do you let these folks get away with all the lies then? You address them wrt Israel, and again it must be noted that as bad as Israel is it is a wee piker as regards the world's poor.
JTT

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 12:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
JTT loves to pound one message on a2k;

Instead of honestly addressing the evil that is, has been, will continue to be the USA, you just keep repeating this meme, CI. Yes, I do address the evil of the USA, a lot!

What's surprising is that so many of y'all don't, even after learning that y'all have been living a gigantic lie for your whole lives.

Surely there is some tiny seed of compassion inside at least some of you.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 12:35 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
He could have told someone, at least have made the effort

Again, you are incredibly naive, Rev, or super dumb. Let's assume the former. Anyone who rattles the cages is toast; honesty is not appreciated in USA "defense" (that in itself is a huge lie) circles.

Look at how petrified y'all are to actually discuss anything reality based. The facts clearly point to the USA as a rogue terrorist nation, nothing at all like the propaganda and not a one of you can even bring yourself to discuss it.

There have been honest people who have spoken out and their lives are wrecked. Criminals aren't big on suggestion boxes.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 12:48 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
but if he saw his fellow workers passing around stuff like that like said he did, then he had a duty to report it or that makes him just as guilty as they are, imo.

Sorry no one have a duty either legally or morally to act as a unpaid police or employer informer at least in most cases.
JTT

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 12:54 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Sorry no one have a duty either legally or morally to act as a unpaid police or employer informer at least in most cases.

I'm not at all surprised to see a morally bankrupt individual like you take that position, Bill.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2014 12:55 pm
@revelette2,
You wrote and claimed,
Quote:
I don't buy it. He could have told someone, at least have made the effort.

What makes you believe that if Snowden had taken that option, the world would know (as we do now) how the NSA went beyond their authority?

A government that breaks the laws cannot be trusted. You may believe they do, but that's only your opinion.

If they break the laws with impunity - including our three branches of government, what rational person can assume they can be trusted?

If you are so free with your opinion, go to our government and tell them the crimes you committed, and make every effort on your part to be charged with espionage. And stay in this country.

There are only two possible results; 1. You'll be put into a mental institution, or 2. You'll be executed for the crime of espionage.

0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 09:59 am
@BillRM,
Morally they do, I don't know about legally. As an example, if you witness a police officer beating or choking someone to death and say nothing about it, then you are just as responsible for that person's death as the one committing the crime. Or if you saw a parent abusing their child and say nothing about it, then you may as well have abused the child yourself. At least that is how I look at it.

But that is enough of this, don't want to keep harping on this topic derailing the main point of the thread.
JTT

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 10:10 am
@revelette2,
Except that that is the main point if this thread, Rev. People who are denying morality to support vicious, long running war criminals.

------------

Ukraine
When it gets complicated and confusing, when you’re overwhelmed with too much information, changing daily; too many explanations, some contradictory … try putting it into some kind of context by stepping back and looking at the larger, long-term picture.

The United States strives for world domination, hegemony wherever possible, their main occupation for over a century, it’s what they do for a living. The United States, NATO and the European Union form The Holy Triumvirate. The Holy Triumvirate has subsidiaries, chiefly The International Monetary Fund, World Bank, World Trade Organization, International Criminal Court … all help to keep in line those governments lacking the Holy Triumvirate Seal Of Approval: the IMF, WB, and WTO impose market fundamentalism, while foreign leaders who act too independent are threatened with being handed over to the ICC for heavy punishment, as the United States imposes sanctions on governments and their leaders as only the King of Sanctions can, lacking any sense of hypocrisy or irony.

And who threatens United States domination? Who can challenge The Holy Triumvirate’s hegemony? Only Russia and China, if they were as imperialistic as the Western powers. (No, the Soviet Union wasn’t imperialistic; that was self-defense; Eastern Europe was a highway twice used by the West to invade; tens of millions of Russians killed or wounded.)

Since the end of the Cold War the United States has been surrounding Russia, building one base after another, ceaselessly looking for new ones, including in Ukraine; one missile site after another, with Moscow in range; NATO has grabbed one former Soviet Republic after another. The White House, and the unquestioning American mainstream media, have assured us that such operations have nothing to do with Russia. And Russia has been told the same, much to Moscow’s continuous skepticism. “Look,” said Russian president Vladimir Putin about NATO some years ago, “is this is a military organization? Yes, it’s military. … Is it moving towards our border? It’s moving towards our border. Why?”

The Holy Triumvirate would love to rip Ukraine from the Moscow bosom, evict the Russian Black Sea Fleet, and establish a US military and/or NATO presence on Russia’s border. (In case you were wondering what prompted the Russian military action.) Kiev’s membership in the EU would then not be far off; after which the country could embrace the joys of neo-conservatism, receiving the benefits of the standard privatization-deregulation-austerity package and join Portugal, Ireland, Greece, and Spain as an impoverished orphan of the family; but no price is too great to pay for being part of glorious Europe and the West!

READ ON AT,

http://williamblum.org/aer/read/126
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 10:31 am
@revelette2,
You must be the 'child' thumbing my post down. Can't handle the facts as I've stated them. Typical response of a kid.
JTT

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 10:43 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
You must be the 'child' thumbing my post down. Can't handle the facts as I've stated them. Typical response of a kid.

And you can't see just what a flaming hypocrite you are, CI.

Can't handle the facts as I've stated them. You flee to IGNORE.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 11:10 am
JTT, Your mental illness attention at a mental institution.
JTT

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 11:22 am
@cicerone imposter,
Don't you think it would be better for you, CI, to address the things I post from Chomsky, Blum, Stockwell, the USA, all those myriad sources that illustrate that all you are is an inveterate liar, an avid supporter of those who commit the most heinous crimes, continually, in short, a despicable human being, an Oralloy in training.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 06:19 am
http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w641/Walter_Hinteler/b_zps4715f54c.jpg

That image with the slogan ‘NSA in da House’ (National Security Agency in the house) and a stylized victory sign are projected, for several minutes, on the outside of the US embassy in Berlin, Germany, 19 July 2014, during an art event by German light artist Oliver Bienkowski.

The video on youtube gives more details ... mainly, about why this art action ended rather soon Wink

revelette2

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 08:54 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Since I can't really hear those things, what was the reason it only lasted a few moments?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 08:57 am
@revelette2,
The US-embassy called the police. And since it wasn't a registered and authorised (art) demonstration on public ground ...

Besides that, certainly the privacy rights of the embassy were harmed by the lights.