Snowdon is a dummy

JTT

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 10:26 am
@Walter Hinteler,
The German Aerospace Center (Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt) has been attacked with trojans and spyware (since) FOR months, Spiegel just reported in an exclusive report.

SINCE = from the start of some point in time, since last Thursday/last month/ December...
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 10:31 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
However, news agencies cite "a German government" source who said such clues could have been built into the spyware as means of throwing investigators off the trail. This source didn't comment on the question of the NSA, though.

That's just not possible, Walter. I mean, come on, the USA engaging in subterfuge, amoral actions, stabbing friends and foe alike in the back.

If you believe that you've not been listening close enough to the propaganda.

Quote:

CIA operations follow the same recurring script. First, American business interests abroad are threatened by a popular or democratically elected leader. The people support their leader because he intends to conduct land reform, strengthen unions, redistribute wealth, nationalize foreign-owned industry, and regulate business to protect workers, consumers and the environment. So, on behalf of American business, and often with their help, the CIA mobilizes the opposition. First it identifies right-wing groups within the country (usually the military), and offers them a deal: "We'll put you in power if you maintain a favorable business climate for us." The Agency then hires, trains and works with them to overthrow the existing government (usually a democracy). It uses every trick in the book: propaganda, stuffed ballot boxes, purchased elections, extortion, blackmail, sexual intrigue, false stories about opponents in the local media, infiltration and disruption of opposing political parties, kidnapping, beating, torture, intimidation, economic sabotage, death squads and even assassination. These efforts culminate in a military coup, which installs a right-wing dictator. The CIA trains the dictator’s security apparatus to crack down on the traditional enemies of big business, using interrogation, torture and murder. The victims are said to be "communists," but almost always they are just peasants, liberals, moderates, labor union leaders, political opponents and advocates of free speech and democracy. Widespread human rights abuses follow.

This scenario has been repeated so many times that the CIA actually teaches it in a special school, the notorious "School of the Americas." (It opened in Panama but later moved to Fort Benning, Georgia.) Critics have nicknamed it the "School of the Dictators" and "School of the Assassins." Here, the CIA trains Latin American military officers how to conduct coups, including the use of interrogation, torture and murder.

http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/CIAtimeline.html

0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:34 am
@Walter Hinteler,
They said if he left Russia, his asylum status in Russia would be revoked, at which point the US would get him. Officially I am sure Russia wouldn't say he couldn't leave, but I am pretty sure, they would not.
JTT

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 02:11 pm
@revelette2,
West Germany accepted all those folks from the totalitarian east, so surely they can accept one more from the totalitarian USA, Rev.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 08:43 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Getting Snowden into Western Europe is risky for his own life. The US would be in a better position to kill him in Germany than wherever he is now. Especially if he is to testify to a particular place at a particular time. Too good a target.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 08:52 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Stepping into a heated debate within the nation’s intelligence agencies, President Obama has decided that when the National Security Agency discovers major flaws in Internet security, it should — in most circumstances — reveal them to assure that they will be fixed, rather than keep mum so that the flaws can be used in espionage or cyberattacks, senior administration officials said Saturday.

But Mr. Obama carved a broad exception for “a clear national security or law enforcement need,” the officials said, a loophole that is likely to allow the N.S.A. to continue to exploit security flaws both to crack encryption on the Internet and to design cyberweapons.
[... ... ...]
Source: NYT-report Obama Lets N.S.A. Exploit Some Internet Flaws, Officials Say

Heartbleed ... ... ... What did the published Snowden-documents say again ( quoting from Washington Post report from April 12, 2014)
Quote:
The NSA designs most of its own implants, but it devoted $25.1 million this year to “additional covert purchases of software vulnerabilities” from private malware vendors, a growing gray-market industry based largely in Europe.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 09:51 am
@Olivier5,
That you note the likelihood of such an event occurring further illustrates what a rogue nation the USA is, O.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 09:57 am
@JTT,
It just shows I consider them to be a rogue nation.
JTT

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 10:05 am
@Olivier5,
I stand corrected. My apologies, O5.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 10:07 am
@JTT,
Flattery will lead you everywhere with me...
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 11:43 am
@Olivier5,
Dollars to donuts no one will appear to show you how you are mistaken in your belief that the USA is a rogue nation.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 01:28 pm
Guardian and Washington Post win Pulitzer prize for NSA revelations
Quote:
The Guardian and the Washington Post have been awarded the highest accolade in US journalism, winning the Pulitzer prize for public service for their groundbreaking articles on the National Security Agency’s surveillance activities based on the leaks of Edward Snowden.

The award, announced in New York on Monday, comes 10 months after the Guardian published the first report based on the leaks from Snowden, revealing the agency’s bulk collection of US citizens’ phone records.

The Pulitzer committee praised the Guardian's for its "revelation of widespread secret surveillance by the National Security Agency, helping through aggressive reporting to spark a debate about the relationship between the government and the public over issues of security and privacy".

Quote:
http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w641/Walter_Hinteler/a_zpscdb50b6b.jpg

Source: Pulitzer website[/b]
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 04:40 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Guardian and Washington Post win Pulitzer prize for NSA revelations
Quote:
The Guardian and the Washington Post have been awarded the highest accolade in US journalism, winning the Pulitzer prize for public service for their groundbreaking articles on the National Security Agency’s surveillance activities based on the leaks of Edward Snowden.

The award, announced in New York on Monday, comes 10 months after the Guardian published the first report based on the leaks from Snowden, revealing the agency’s bulk collection of US citizens’ phone records.

The Pulitzer committee praised the Guardian's for its "revelation of widespread secret surveillance by the National Security Agency, helping through aggressive reporting to spark a debate about the relationship between the government and the public over issues of security and privacy".

Quote:
http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w641/Walter_Hinteler/a_zpscdb50b6b.jpg

Source: Pulitzer website[/b]

Wow.

Almost as impressive as Barack Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize!
JPB

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 05:04 pm
@Frank Apisa,
If it's not an important discussion, Frank, then why do you feel so compelled to discuss it, ad nauseum?

The Pulitzer is being granted for "meritorious public service by a newspaper" which seems to me to be well-deseverd. I'm surprised you don't agree given your on-going participation here. I do, however, agree with you the Obama's Nobel prize was an unearned political ploy.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 05:36 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

If it's not an important discussion, Frank, then why do you feel so compelled to discuss it, ad nauseum?

Did I say it was NOT an important topic.

And since Walter has discussed this issue MUCH MORE than I...why did you not direct this suspect comment to him?

Quote:
The Pulitzer is being granted for "meritorious public service by a newspaper" which seems to me to be well-deseverd.

I'm sure you didn't mean it, but I also consider it well-desevered.

"Well-deserved" maybe not so much.

Quote:

I'm surprised you don't agree given your on-going participation here.

Not sure why that surprises you...but you have a right to be surprised.

Quote:
I do, however, agree with you the Obama's Nobel prize was an unearned political ploy.

In my opinion, the Pulitzer was even more a political statement than Obama's Nobel.
JTT

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 05:57 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
In my opinion, the Pulitzer was even more a political statement than Obama's Nobel.

They were both political statements, effective ones, but who knew Obama would turn out to be such a liar and a war criminal. Wait a second, he became a USA president, so those things are givens.

What a sad state of affairs - the USA , the shining city on a hill, the saviour of the oppressed, the guy in the white hat, the grand experiment - all gigantic lies!

What's left but a rogue terrorist nation.

Don't you feel terribly used, Frank, JPB, Gob1, Joe, ...?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 06:04 pm
Nah, the Pulitzer is more like an Oscar. It's an in-house award within the professional cadre of those eligible to receive it. It wasn't given before they wrote about it, or based on knowledge that they had an opportunity and were being pushed to pony up. Obama's Nobel Peace Prize was definitely an overt attempt to push him in a certain direction.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 06:06 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Nah, the Pulitzer is more like an Oscar. It's an in-house award within the professional cadre of those eligible to receive it. It wasn't given before they wrote about it, or based on knowledge that they had an opportunity and were being pushed to pony up. Obama's Nobel Peace Prize was definitely an overt attempt to push him in a certain direction.

You are welcome to that opinion, JPB, but in MY opinion, the Pulitzer was more a political statement than the Nobel.
BillRM

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 08:22 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
You are welcome to that opinion, JPB, but in MY opinion, the Pulitzer was more a political statement than the Nobel.

LOL can just see your reaction if and when Snowden win the Nobel prize as he surely should.

Before Snowden the world did not know that the most powerful nation on earth have a completely out of control intelligence community that is threatening the freedom and privacy of it own citizens let alone the rest of the world.
JTT

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2014 08:24 pm
@BillRM,
Frank would explode.

(Fingers crossed for Ed)

Can I nominate him?
0 Replies