Snowdon is a dummy

spendius

Sat 1 Feb, 2014 02:41 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
It must be very invigorating to be able to despise your government as much as you do.

Quote:
Ahhh...and "the correct working of the US government" is something you incorrectly suppose YOU decide.

It is quite amazing how closed a mind can get when it can't see that it can be just as easily accused of despising the US government as those it accuses of doing so.

It can't see that who despises the US government is what the argument is about and Apisa has declared that it is not himself simply by defining Obarmy's administration as the government and, in doing so, granting it permission to tear up the Constitution with his eager approval.

Or that his declarations, and those of the present government to which he bows abjectly down, are the only law. And despite the obvious fact that all human beings despise all governments in the natural course of affairs. And Bill is not defining anything himself but simply asserting the priority of the Constitution over the transient government of the day which is exactly what the Constitution was designed to do.

Indeed, it is the NRA's most telling argument that citizens must be armed to protect themselves from a government getting too big for its boots and especially a government which seeks to disarm them and turn them into subjects.

And he claims he is not stupid at the same time. Which is understandable I suppose for someone habituated to marking his own exam papers, declaring himself the winner and boasting of his success.

Stupid is too polite a term. He must have looped the loop.
cicerone imposter

Sat 1 Feb, 2014 02:45 pm
@spendius,
You wrote,
Quote:

Simple, concise, and true!
spendius

Sat 1 Feb, 2014 02:49 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
You mean the people who voted Barack Obama as president...to make decisions about who will run our intelligence services...and how they will do it?

Yeah...that's what I thought.

Obarmy never mentioned setting the NSA on the American public with their own money in his election addresses. Had he done so he would have been wiped out at the polls.

Were Eddie's revelations news to the members of SCOTUS?
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 1 Feb, 2014 02:53 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Well...you are entitled to your delusions.

Here we go again. Anybody Apisa disagrees with is deluded. By internal logic.

It's more than a habit. It's a reflex.
BillRM

Sat 1 Feb, 2014 02:55 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
So...you are under the assumption that there are "no limits" on our intelligence community.

You can not limit actions that you do not know about as they are secret now can you!!!!!!!!!!!

We have proof that agents of the intelligence community are allow to lied to congress and nothing happen to the liars.

The rubber stamp secret court members had no abilities to check out what they are being told either even if they decide to do more then apply a rubber stamp to all requests.

No there is no real limit or control on the intelligence community and that is the problem.
Walter Hinteler

Sat 1 Feb, 2014 03:03 pm
Kerry had been to Berlin and Munich (attending the Munich Security Conference) yesterday and today.

He didn't apologise - what some erroneously hoped.
However, spoke in the usual way, politicians do, namely with empty clichés:
"I want to say to the German people that it's no secret that we've been through a rough period," Kerry said.
"The consultations will continue between our intelligence services," he added when asked about the 'non-spy-talks'.
Kerry said the United States was "committed to privacy".
"We absolutely share a commitment to try to put this behind us in an appropriate way," he said.
spendius

@spendius,
I provided reasons for supporting the NSA in an earlier post today.

Why is Apisa so careful to avoid those? Would they worry him? If so, why would they worry him when he trusts the government so much?

Perhaps they test his nerve more than he's used to.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You wrote,
Quote:

Simple, concise, and true!

Remember...you are my bitch. You are not supposed to take sides with someone bitching against me.

Behave, bitch.
izzythepush

Sat 1 Feb, 2014 03:04 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Where was you when they was handling out the dry sense of humor

Handling? You make it sound like some sort of sexual assault. I suppose that's what everything boils down to with you.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 1 Feb, 2014 03:07 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
So...you are under the assumption that there are "no limits" on our intelligence community.

You can not limit actions that you do not know about as they are secret now can you!!!!!!!!!!!

Fact is...YOU cannot limit most actions that you do know about!

Quote:
We have proof that agents of the intelligence community are allow to lied to congress and nothing happen to the liars.

If your grammar is any indication of your ability to reason about these issues...

...you can't.

Quote:
The rubber stamp secret court members had no abilities to check out what they are being told either even if they decide to do more then apply a rubber stamp to all requests.

Yeah...they are all conspiring against you. Loosen your tin foil hat, Bill...let some air in.

Quote:
No there is no real limit or control on the intelligence community and that is the problem.

Hyperbole only gets you in trouble. Try to avoid using it as much as you do.

Frank Apisa

Sat 1 Feb, 2014 03:10 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Kerry had been to Berlin and Munich (attending the Munich Security Conference) yesterday and today.

He didn't apologise - what some erroneously hoped.
However, spoke in the usual way, politicians do, namely with empty clichés:
"I want to say to the German people that it's no secret that we've been through a rough period," Kerry said.
"The consultations will continue between our intelligence services," he added when asked about the 'non-spy-talks'.
Kerry said the United States was "committed to privacy".
"We absolutely share a commitment to try to put this behind us in an appropriate way," he said.

I guess he could have said something like, "Okay, you folk have not had your Edward Snowden yet...but don't get on our case too much, because that may be just around the corner.

To his credit...he didn't.

Instead he said what I am willing to guess is the truth:

"We absolutely share a commitment to try to put this behind us in an appropriate way."
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 1 Feb, 2014 03:11 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:

I assume "appropriate" means avoiding being run out of town on a pole tarred and feathered. Or, more mildly, being allowed to continue in office and draw pensions.

When it was proposed to build a new Capital at Washington one of the FFs predicted that it would become an armed camp.
spendius

Sat 1 Feb, 2014 03:21 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
You are not supposed to take sides with someone bitching against me.

And again. Arguments against Apisa are "bitching". That's after "deluded" and being unAmerican.

He has admitted he doesn't mind giving up his privacy in the greater good which has been the sticking point in every society ever known.

As a drawing room affectation in the way granting the government permission to do what it wants and looking a superior citizen in the process. Or at least to the elderly ladies present.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 1 Feb, 2014 03:22 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Quote:

Spendi,
Quote:
I assume "appropriate" means avoiding being run out of town on a pole tarred and feathered. Or, more mildly, being allowed to continue in office and draw pensions.

When it was proposed to build a new Capital at Washington one of the FFs predicted that it would become an armed camp.

That statement by Kerry is full of unknowns which leaves many questioning what he means by "commitment to try to put this behind us."

Gobbley gook at its best.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sat 1 Feb, 2014 03:30 pm
Quote:
Michael Hayden, a former director of the NSA, CIA and US national intelligence, tells DW he sees German anger at US spying as genuine and says the NSA shouldn't have got caught tapping Chancellor Merkel's phone.
[... ... ...]
Secondly, Germany is a good friend. To be very honest with you, what we may or may not have been doing with regard to the chancellor and her cell phone is not nearly as serious an offence by us as the fact that we couldn't keep that a secret. That put a good friend in a very embarrassing position, it offended her personally and it caused political problems for her. That's our fault - we wronged our good friend by not being able to keep this secret. We probably do owe the chancellor, the German government and the German people a little more transparency than we would otherwise be obliged to give, even between friends.
... ... ...

Full report: Hayden: Every agency wants to do what the NSA does
BillRM

Sat 1 Feb, 2014 03:31 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Yeah...they are all conspiring against you. Loosen your tin foil hat, Bill...let some air in.

Every letter we send by US mail is recorded front and back and every phone call we made is listed along with location information and so on.

They claims they are not doing the same right now for US email but who know, we do know that they will save any internet communications that is encrypted so the message I just send to my wife containing encrypted jpgs of our taxes forms are likely sitting on some government computer.

So just in what we do know about the SOBs they are spying on every damn American yet alone what the SOBs are doing to the average Europeans.
Frank Apisa

Sat 1 Feb, 2014 03:39 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

Every letter we send by US mail is recorded front and back and every phone call we made is listed along with location information and so on.

They claims they are not doing the same right now for US email but who know, we do know that they will save any internet communications that is encrypted so the message I just send to my wife containing encrypted jpgs of our taxes forms are likely sitting on some government computer.

So just in what we do know about the SOBs they are spying on every damn American yet alone what the SOBs are doing to the average Europeans.

The hat, Bill...the tin foil hat. Loosen it...it is restricting blood to your brain.
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 1 Feb, 2014 03:42 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Fact is...YOU cannot limit most actions that you do know about!

A few years ago our government thought fit to throw some trade-unionists into jail for breaching its newly minted laws on picketing.

Within a few hours the jail was surrounded by thousands of chanting demonstrators and the scenes were being broadcast on every TV news broadcast.

The government then sent one of its own men, the Official Solicitor, a post nobody had ever heard of before, to order the governor of the jail to release the men and we all agreed that the episode was best forgotten about.

There were tens of thousands of men milling round the jail and the government was warned that any hosepipes or rough stuff of any sort being used there would be a million before the day was out.

Avoiding a Bastille moment is a very high priority for governments.

Who says that WE can't limit the government. They operate in areas which don't risk testing our patience beyond breaking point and if America thinks this event doesn't risk that it is perfectly entitled to do so. Just as it is perfectly entitled to spy on the rest of the world to any extent judged to be in its interests.

0 Replies

spendius

Sat 1 Feb, 2014 03:47 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

Quote:
Hyperbole only gets you in trouble. Try to avoid using it as much as you do.

Quote:
If your grammar is any indication of your ability to reason about these issues...

He's now reduced to jibbering like a lemur monkey.

I find Bill's posts perfectly clear. I can't make head or tail of Apisa's. And I know which kind of verbal expression I prefer.

The jibbering of course.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 2 Feb, 2014 02:15 am
@Walter Hinteler,
re Hayden and what we got wrong was allowing public notice of our listening to her comm with the consequence of her being embarrassed - Jesus, that is pathetic.