reasoning logic

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 05:03 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Yes, I find value in the golden rule because it does not do away with all of the laws of the prophets like many claim...but by Jesus instituting that one law, and making it second most important...he kept all of the physical laws,

What are these laws that you speak of? are they commandments of God?
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 05:45 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
If you honestly think I am lying, and would like to know if I truly believe that I am...and wish to keep asking me about this...because you honestly want to know...Then explain to me what you truthfully want to know...and why...and where you see the lie,

I have already told you what and why, Have I ever told you that you are the best? Laughing Laughing Laughing

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 05:55 pm
@reasoning logic,
Yes, and infinite more...It now all relies upon what the Holy Spirit within each person says is a good choice to make...and why...and what one should not do, and why...and what you do when that revelation internally occurs...

For instance, there is no physical prophetic law that says that drinking too much coffee is bad for you, there is no physical prophetic law that says that one should go swimming only a certain amount of times per year...(if they can)...and there is no physical prophetic law that says that reading newspapers on Sunday mornings are good or bad for someone...and why...because it all now relies on each person to look inward and be prudent...with notions the Bible does not physically cover, and for people to be honest with themselves with what notions cause their lives to be disruptive and why...and be willing to bless and forgive others of their sins that you do not understand, or can not relate to personally, and rebuke one who you see as sinning...in your own Spirit of God...

Because the Bible would not be long enough to ever cover them all...

It would have to go on forever...which is why in Revelations it makes this claim...To hear the unending preaching of the words and hymns of the Lord...

And only a true God would institute a law that would require its most holy creatures to actually look inside themselves and find out who they are, and how they see other people...and understand why that is...and look to pick others up when they stumble...and have them pick you up if they think you have yourself...(even when someone freely rejects what the Spirit has just said) Wink
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 05:58 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
What are these laws that you speak of? are they commandments of God?

Quote:
Yes, and infinite more...

Do you still obey the commandments in Exodus 34?
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 06:09 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I have already told you what and why, Have I ever told you that you are the best?

So you truthfully believe that I am lying, and am the best?

Does this mean you truthfully wish to be a great liar? Or that you honestly do not consider me to be a liar, but desire to be one yourself?

Sorry RL...can't help you out on your personal journey to look to become a (better) liar...

I speak the truth when I think someone is lying to me, and that is what makes it great...not that I am the best at lying, and that is why you think it is great...otherwise you must be lying about me being a liar anyways...

Shot down...
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 06:16 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
So you truthfully believe that I am lying, and am the best?

Yes and then no, I just heard a pretty song and it made me think of you is all. You do not agree that you are the best? who do you think is?

Quote:

I speak the truth when I think someone is lying to me,

Why not speak it all the time?
JLNobody

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 06:50 pm
@reasoning logic,
"Laws of the prophets" are cultural fictions, stories intended to regulate public behavior for the sake of social order. The "laws of nature", on the other hand, are simple observations of natural regularities. But they are not "laws" in the sense of statutes, or laws which must be obeyed lest one suffer punishments. This is not in the neutral sense of automatically or mechanically getting scurvy for not consuming vitamin C. I do not accept the notion of punishment for "disobedience of natural 'laws'" as part of a "political" relationship.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 07:07 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Yes and then no, I just heard a pretty song and it made me think of you is all. You do not agree that you are the best? who do you think is?

Let me see if I can use truth here to shoot down your lie...and then explain to me how you actually see me as the "best liar" fair enough?

You think I am the "best liar"...which given what you say would mean that you believe I am God...which would be a lie...based upon what you say...and would be the truth from me...So then you could be saying that you believe I am the Devil, because you admire lying...which I would say is what you believe as the truth, and not what I personally believe as truth, but is a lie from you...because you claim God is the biggest liar...So you would be lying again to claim that you think I am "the best", and God is the biggest liar...and that would be the truth from me again...You would also be lying to claim I am "the best liar" and not truthfully say it is because you believe I am the Devil, and admire lying yourself...which would mean that I am speaking the truth yet again, and am not lying, and am not the Devil neither...but whoever you believe I am, and why...you are lying about it...

So from your perspectives...If I am lying, and am the best...then I must be closer to God...or God...(in your perspective) and not be the liar you claim...because you are the one lying...Or, I must be closer to the Devil, or the Devil (from your perspective) which you are lying about yourself...since you won't claim why...truthfully...which would mean you would have to be closer to the Devil yourself...and I am not the liar you claim I am...because you are lying again...in either scenario...

I am a simple man who has the gift of prophecy...who will always strive to be a faithful servant of the Lord Jesus Christ...

What lies do you now see within that post?

Quote:

Because I make mistakes myself...and when I am not...I do not always think that other people are lying to me...If people are speaking the truth...then they do not need me to speak the truth for them, for it has already been said....and if I acknowledge that others are speaking the truth, which I am overjoyed when they do...and try to one up them about the truth...it would make me a liar...So I only speak the truth when one lies...to correct their lie...Or if one asks me for the truth...but if one asks me for lies, then they get nothing but the truth anyways...that they are a liar, and are actually looking for me to lie to them...which I am not willing to do...

(Make sure you take all that in before you try to lie to me again...)
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 07:18 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

(Make sure you take all that in before you try to lie to me again...

Lie about what? You just made a lot of claims that i do not agree with nor have ever suggested. Are you Izzy's son Spade?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 07:22 pm
@JLNobody,
But you do follow some code of moral ethics that you do not believe are "cultural fictions" correct? But because it is a good thing to do? Why believe the "Law of the Prophets" are cultural fictions, if you follow a code of morality yourself? Doesn't Buddhism teach a purging of the essence of a person if they are not moral and need to be reborn? Where is the difference?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 07:24 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Lie about what? You just made a lot of claims that i do not agree with nor have ever suggested.

Which ones? Point them all out for me, and explain to me how you actually feel if I am wrong...
JLNobody

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 09:21 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
For the most part I do not think in terms of "following rules." I prefer to interact with my fellow humans with respect to compassion. I guess this is similar to the Golden Rule, i.e., to do unto others as you would have them do unto you--but not exactly. I like to think that I should not assume that others would like me to behave toward them as I would like them to behave toward me. After all their tastes may be different'
(G.B. Shaw)
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 09:57 pm
@JLNobody,
I can see your point there...and it is a great point...I think...and I think that that is a great way of putting "the Golden Rule" into positive, encouraging, compassionate, reinforcing, genuine perspectives...where the emphasis is always upon compassion, and what I would consider any "virtue"

I would have to say that I do think that when Jesus had brought forth the "Golden Rule" I do think he meant it in a compassionate way...And in a very sincere, dedicated, merciful, prominent, booming, but genuine way...So that the Apostles knew he meant business...but not necessarily in a punishment kind of way...like many may think...But as in he expected the Apostles to live by this...

And even though I do see the value in the way that you have expressed how you actually apply the same thing but into different terms, for optimism...

I do think that it is also important to acknowledge the sincerity factor behind the rule itself...because I think if there is no emphasis on how booming this rule should be echoed...(in any different, applicable terms) then I think the rule itself may even lose its value a bit...because then I am not even sure if one is able to distinguish why one is even as compassionate as they truly are and why...Or would be able to fully articulate how they can actually begin to apply this to their own lifestyle themselves...to begin to become more endowed...and even teach others who are willing to learn...

And I am no expert in Buddhism at all...but I think I do understand how a Buddhist says that one can come to root understandings of this compassion when they meditate...and are able to become selfless, free, and apart of everything as one...but I would have to say from the outside looking in that I would think it would be important with this compassion or virtuous nature that one gains access to once they begin to let go, to also help another on their own path...if one thinks that they can...and that is where I see the dedication, and sincerity factor to be of good use...

I apologize to you directly if I have misrepresented how you may personally explain, or how you may personally "see" yourself as "just to be" and "be free" from an actual Buddhist perspective...

I mean no disrespect...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 10:23 pm
@JLNobody,
If I was to try to sum up how I actually feel using Chinese traditional religions....then I think what I am simply saying is that I think I would find more effect in even the "golden rule" or any compassionate, or virtuous teaching...If one was to apply these teachings with more of an effect of a Taoist approach (Yin-Yang) (Ying-Yang) (Tao-Te) effect...than ever being completely just one side...because I think applying both sides would always allow one to be able to understand the true nature of the teaching for all that it is worth to one...and can then strengthen their views as to why they would even wish to be as compassionate as they can be...and then the compassion just means that much more....

Did you ever think that Buddhism is the Ying of Taoism? And Confucianism is the Yang of Taoism?

That just hit me and I have no idea why...
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2013 02:07 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Quote:

Lie about what? You just made a lot of claims that i do not agree with nor have ever suggested.

Which ones? Point them all out for me, and explain to me how you actually feel if I am wrong...

Everything you said down below is not how I feel or think, I was joking with you about being the best liar but was not joking about you lying about Walter.

You actually believe that someone would think that you are a God or a devil when no one believes that you are a prophet?

If someone says they do believe you are a prophet they are either gullible or lying to you.

Below is some crazy thinking Smile
Quote:
@reasoning logic,
Quote:

Let me see if I can use truth here to shoot down your lie...and then explain to me how you actually see me as the "best liar" fair enough?

You think I am the "best liar"...which given what you say would mean that you believe I am God...which would be a lie...based upon what you say...and would be the truth from me...So then you could be saying that you believe I am the Devil, because you admire lying...which I would say is what you believe as the truth, and not what I personally believe as truth, but is a lie from you...because you claim God is the biggest liar...So you would be lying again to claim that you think I am "the best", and God is the biggest liar...and that would be the truth from me again...You would also be lying to claim I am "the best liar" and not truthfully say it is because you believe I am the Devil, and admire lying yourself...which would mean that I am speaking the truth yet again, and am not lying, and am not the Devil neither...but whoever you believe I am, and why...you are lying about it...

So from your perspectives...If I am lying, and am the best...then I must be closer to God...or God...(in your perspective) and not be the liar you claim...because you are the one lying...Or, I must be closer to the Devil, or the Devil (from your perspective) which you are lying about yourself...since you won't claim why...truthfully...which would mean you would have to be closer to the Devil yourself...and I am not the liar you claim I am...because you are lying again...in either scenario...

I am a simple man who has the gift of prophecy...who will always strive to be a faithful servant of the Lord Jesus Christ...

What lies do you now see within that post?

Quote:

Because I make mistakes myself...and when I am not...I do not always think that other people are lying to me...If people are speaking the truth...then they do not need me to speak the truth for them, for it has already been said....and if I acknowledge that others are speaking the truth, which I am overjoyed when they do...and try to one up them about the truth...it would make me a liar...So I only speak the truth when one lies...to correct their lie...Or if one asks me for the truth...but if one asks me for lies, then they get nothing but the truth anyways...that they are a liar, and are actually looking for me to lie to them...which I am not willing to do...

(Make sure you take all that in before you try to lie to me again...)
0 Replies