RexRed

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 04:09 am
I think this discussion comes down to the origin of law.

Law is built within the infrastructure of our universe. It did not come into being 6000 years ago... it has been evolving for many billions of years.

There are natural laws and moral laws.

God does not make these laws no more than deterrence alone makes laws.

Our universe made these laws and built them into our natural bodies and we are able to comprehend these laws from within. "The flesh" is not that terrible thing the Bible calls "corrupt". Any legal system has to make you doubt your own legal system in order to replace it.

Morality does not come from outside ourselves it springs from within.

When we made the change from being animals to humans, this was something the earth did for us and it took millions of years to foster.

Our morality comes from this experience and our current experience with other occupants of our universe.

God does not make laws we make laws and these laws should be based upon the global concerns above all else. They should not be based upon the edicts of some imaginary totalitarian dictator God who has slaves and naked ignorant people in gardens who obey his every whim (well almost every).

Our morality is a tribal collective that stems from our atomic, chemical, DNA and evolutionary past. Laws and democracy are things that every society struggles with.

The truth doesn't come from cunningly devised literature, the truth comes from within.

We are receptors to our physical state that is billions and billions of years old.

This is the presence we feel, it is our past echo and connection to this continuum of life..

In this past connection to life stems our primal centers for laws and morality, balance, perception and conscience.

Though it is necessary to have some instruction in law. Just as it is necessary to have instruction in health, hygiene, manners and customs.

One can only give instruction, for each person is a law unto themselves.

People have the right to do what is wrong and then face the possible penalty imposed by their peers.

The right to do what is wrong is called freedom...

Who decides what is wrong? Each individual ultimately decides.

Because we are not slaves, we are free and we are complete in the nature of our own facilities to make our own laws.

Living love is not a law it is part of our nature.

Loving thy neighbor is not an edict it is something all humans are aware of.

Somewhere along the line people lose sight of the inner nature and attach upon themselves external laws that bring bigotry and wars.

Theists try and reason we are all one spiritually but we are also all one naturally.

Our nature is at stake. If we have our own laws then our nature is divine

If we require laws from outside ourselves and delivered from mountaintops then our nature is flawed. If we are lawless beasts and require God then nature failed.

Just because we are born a child does not mean our potential for deriving our own laws are flawed.

I think our potential to being misled from our own center and tricked into following mountaintop Gods is of note here.

Laws are part of evolution, not part of creation.
spendius

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 04:12 am
Get a grip of yourselves boys. You're too emotional.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 05:26 am
I guess the idea is, that we are all fishing and toss our hook out into the cosmic sea and hope to find the will of God.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 07:35 am
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken
farmerman

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 10:58 am
@FBM,
God does Not exist .The DEVIL told me that.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 11:01 am
@farmerman,
We must know the same devil. Mr. Green
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 11:16 am
@RexRed,
So, everything is relative?
Are you absolutely sure of that?
RexRed

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 11:27 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

So, everything is relative?
Are you absolutely sure of that?

An agnostic is doubtful of everything and sure of nothing.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 11:47 am
God is free pizza Smile
http://www.godvine.com/read/Toddler-Fighting-Cancer-Got-Pizza-Party--541.html#.U20T-wO6xh0.facebook
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 11:52 am
I am a jealous God.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/562445_648407565188700_1763960532_n.jpg
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 05:05 pm
Him on the far right of the top row looks like this demonic negro in 'The Devil Rides Out'

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Dev-rides-out1_zps74b9c038.jpg~original
spendius

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 04:19 am
@RexRed,
That might show, Rex, that it is common to disguise a behaviour under a smokescreen of militant opposition to it. A preemptive denial.

How another chap would be prepared to accommodate any of that bunch is outside my frame of reference.
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 05:28 am
@RexRed,
Before anyone can discuss the existence of God you must first define what God is if God is either one or is of many that acts as one (as in God being a collection of lesser deities that act in a singularity) that should be the main criteria. Other than that if you cannot explain what God is then anything else is meaningless.
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 05:30 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
"demonic negro?"

Coming from a "pale face" who posted a picture in another thread of himself and his flabby body I'd take this "demonic negro" over that picture you posted any day.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 05:43 am
Quote:
Buttermilk said:@RF- "demonic negro?"
Coming from a "pale face" who posted a picture in another thread of himself and his flabby body I'd take this "demonic negro" over that picture you posted any day.

Hi darling, you're obviously one of them women who likes black sausage...Wink
Buttermilk

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 05:46 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Dude...you're...special

Allow me to rephrase my post to not confuse your puny brain....

I'm a guy who'd rather accept a picture of a demonic looking "negro" than a flabby 62 year old man with pale skin who couldn't spot me on a bench press if I was benching 225lbs (which I do to warm up).

BTW please don't be mad if women of different ethnic cultures like our "dark sausage."

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 06:25 am
Quote:
Buttermilk said:@RF- I'm a guy who'd rather accept a picture of a demonic looking "negro" than a flabby 62 year old man with pale skin who couldn't spot me on a bench press if I was benching 225lbs (which I do to warm up).

Sorry mate, it's just that your soppy name 'Buttermilk' made me think you were a fairy queen..Smile
spendius

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 06:34 am
@Buttermilk,
Quote:
BTW please don't be mad if women of different ethnic cultures like our "dark sausage."

It does seem bad mannered now you put it that way B.

But not all women. Some will readily pass up a "dark sausage" for the nuanced education required to cook up the the best cuts for delectable appreciations of taste rainbows. Sausage is sausage. All the bits nobody will buy and ground up into a mush to be stuffed into a bit of sheep gut. Same every time.
Buttermilk

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 07:15 am
@spendius,
Instead of quoting me perhaps you want to start with Romeo who felt it necessary to mention the "demonic negro" in his original post.
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 07:17 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
So says the guy that showed of picture of him with glasses and what appears to be a bird chest! LMAO