dalehileman

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 11:24 am
@neologist,
Because Neo nothing is entirely anything while everything is partly something else
neologist

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2013 06:42 pm
@dalehileman,
But we create words defining absolutes, including 'absolute'. But I was thinking of omniscient.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2013 07:16 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
But we create words defining absolutes, including 'absolute'. But I was thinking of omniscient.

Are you suggesting that we are creators? Do you think that we could have created God in our image?
neologist

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2013 11:15 pm
@reasoning logic,
I wrote:
reasoning logic wrote:
Are you suggesting that we are creators? Do you think that we could have created God in our image?
You assume many leaps between premise and conclusion. Did you ever conjure a story or poem and write it? draw a picture? think up a tune? That might make you a creator, I guess.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 06:43 am

http://humansarefree.com/2011/01/oldest-metropolis-on-earth-was-built-by.html
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 07:00 am
You do realize, don't you, that that whole 200,000 year old stone cities bullshit is being by a has-been pop song writer who has produced no reputable scientific evidence for his claims, don't you?
neologist

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 10:23 am
@Setanta,
Rex does not need science. He has abandoned his religion. All he has left is what Rex wants.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 05:44 pm
@neologist,
Are you saying that Rex is an extreme conservative?

neologist

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2013 11:44 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
Are you saying that Rex is an extreme conservative?
Can you imagine Rex running for office as a conservative?
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh, and I didn't watch the vidiocy.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2013 08:08 am
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/p320x320/971126_10151692287175155_1465236450_n.jpg
www.richarddawkins.net
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2013 08:11 am
My new friend and ex priest.

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2013 09:03 am
@RexRed,
Good question
mark noble

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 05:07 pm
@neologist,
Because it is a concept and its reality is only as valid as my own.
I am happy to award it physicality and omniscience in my own imagination, but have no inclination or intent to impose thus upon others.
Nature, imo, is merely a derivative of 'Natural' - and everything is natural and connected to a 'whole'.
I, being part of the 'whole', store a portion of the 'whole's' knowledge - you store another part, etc. Put all the parts together and the 'whole' is the only vessel of omniscience available. I cannot measure or confirm this - hence it remains but an aspect of my imagination.

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 05:46 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
reality is only as valid as my own.

Quote:
I cannot measure or confirm this - hence it remains but an aspect of my imagination.

Do you think that reality can be measured in any way?

If we were to take for example "Noah's ark, The good ship lolly pop and the good ship Jesus would be be able to find compelling evidence for any of them?
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 06:08 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
reality is only as valid as my own.

In the song "video" that you like, it seems that John sees a reality, and that is him and Yoko.
mark noble

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 06:27 pm
@reasoning logic,
Measured?
As a whole - unlikely - unless IT is doing the measuring.
In relative portions - yes - by its related observer/s and in accordance to said observer's accepted definition thereof.

I assume you have none of these 'ships' at your disposal, so doubt you have the material necessary to conduct your 'measurements' on.

Noah may well have existed, his boat also, but the events surrounding his narrative are preposterous in my reality, yet very real to some.
Good ship lollypop - I believe it is just a lyric, so fictitious (excuse me if lyric is based on real events and objects - but I do not care to fill my head with ****). But to a child 'lollypop' may be very real - Fat, flying-reindeer, present-bringing Santa (anagram 'Satan....lol'), tooth fairy, easter bunny, etc, are all very real to a child whose stupid parents think LIES are appropriate in a childs upbringing.

And 'Good ship Jesus'
Never heard of it. Would've been 'Good ship Immanuel' anyway - Had maybe Adam Sandler written some weird children's Gospel.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 06:33 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
And 'Good ship Jesus'
Never heard of it. Would've been 'Good ship Immanuel' anyway - Had maybe Adam Sandler written some weird children's Gospel.

Look it up and see if you can find any compelling evidence to support it.
mark noble

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 06:33 pm
@reasoning logic,
I'm sure his reality was comprised of much more.

But, it is the belief in himself I can connect with.
I couldn't give a toss for John or yoko.
Great thinker, musician, etc - But just another bloke.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 06:35 pm
@reasoning logic,
I'm not looking it up - I just don't care.
You may, but not I.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 06:53 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
I just don't care.
You may, but not I.

Maybe you are related to the captain of the good ship Jesus?