neologist

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 10:12 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
There's a rumour that Bonobo monkeys started AIDS but I don't buy that at all! I mean, since when do Bonobos hang in gay bars?
Might you suppose that the habit of some to eat monkey blood might have something to do with it?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 11:32 am
Quote:
Romeo said: There's a rumour that Bonobo monkeys started AIDS but I don't buy that at all! I mean, since when do Bonobos hang in gay bars?
Neologist speculated: Might you suppose that the habit of some to eat monkey blood might have something to do with it?

If primitive heathens liked eating animal blood, no wonder God had to say "Stop that disgusting habit!"
neologist

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 11:42 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
If primitive heathens liked eating animal blood, no wonder God had to say "Stop that disgusting habit!"
Not simply disgusting, Romeo. Blood is sacred.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 11:51 am
Quote:
Romeo said: If primitive heathens liked eating animal blood, no wonder God had to say "Stop that disgusting habit!"
Neologist replied: Not simply disgusting, Romeo. Blood is sacred.

God said- "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything" (Genesis 9:3)
so are we to give up eating meat?
neologist

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 12:17 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Neologist wrote:
Not simply disgusting, Romeo. Blood is sacred.
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
God said- "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything" (Genesis 9:3)
I find it most interesting you cited vs. 3 while ignoring vs. 4, the very next verse.
Quote:
But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat. (Genesis 9:4)
You wouldn't be trying to pull our legs, would you, Romeo?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 01:47 pm
Quote:
Romeo wrote: God said- "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything" (Genesis 9:3)
Neologist said:@RF-I find it most interesting you cited vs. 3 while ignoring vs. 4, the very next verse.
Quote:
But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat. (Genesis 9:4)
You wouldn't be trying to pull our legs, would you, Romeo?

Listen up kiddies- God didn't want people to chew raw meat and slurp blood, but eating cooked meat is fine because the nasty germs and stuff in it have been killed by the heat..Smile-

"Moses then said to Aaron and his sons, "Cook the meat at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting and eat it there with the bread from the basket of ordination offerings, as I commanded." (Lev 8:31)
"You may slaughter your animals in any of your towns and eat as much of the meat as you want, as if it were gazelle or deer, according to the blessing the Lord your God gives you" (Deut 12:15)
"He took his yoke of oxen and slaughtered them. He burned the plowing equipment to cook the meat and gave it to the people, and they ate." (1 Kings 19:21)
"On this mountain the Lord Almighty will prepare a feast of rich food for all peoples, a banquet of aged wine, the best of meats and the finest of wines" (Isa 25:6)

Incidentally do JW's eat meat?
Calamity Dal

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 02:16 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
It must be thus, for Romeo the great bible spin doctor says so.

He wasn't saying you don't eat meat Mick, keep up. If that was true, the chicken sandwich I cooked his bretheren last Weds is sending them straight to hell.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 02:41 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
The life is in the blood, Romeo. That is why it's sacred
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 02:50 pm
Quote:
Calamity said: He wasn't saying you don't eat meat Mick, keep up. If that was true, the chicken sandwich I cooked his bretheren last Weds is sending them straight to hell

Would they have eaten it uncooked?

Calamity Dal

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 03:14 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I don't know, I didn't offer it uncooked. I don't dislike them that much
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 06:35 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Try to understand this simplified timeline:
Understanding the sanctity of blood goes all the way back to Abel. His sacrifice was one of blood while Cain's was not. Perhaps he understood that the prophecy regarding the bruising of the Serpent's head required life to be taken. Remember that God told Cain his brothers blood "cried out from the ground."
Genesis 9:5 Further restates the importance of blood, indicating the life, or soul, to be in the blood. This is before the Mosaic Law.

But the principle was stated again in the Law.
Quote:
(Leviticus 17:11) . . .For the soul of the flesh is in the blood, and I myself have put it upon the altar for YOU to make atonement for YOUR souls, because it is the blood that makes atonement by the soul [in it].
Jesus' shed blood is an important element in the New Covenant
And after Jesus fulfilled the Law, the blood principle was restated by Paul as binding on Christians:
Quote:
(Acts 15:19, 20) . . .Hence my decision is not to trouble those from the nations who are turning to God, 20 but to write them to abstain from things polluted by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood. . .
Christians were not relieved as they were from the prohibition against eating bacon, for example. So, there's no getting around the prohibition against blood.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 11:13 pm
Let me ask again-- do JW's eat meat, fish and poultry?
If so, there's bound to be traces of blood in the creatures, so they're consuming blood just like everybody else aren't they?
neologist

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 12:27 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Let me ask again-- do JW's eat meat, fish and poultry?
If so, there's bound to be traces of blood in the creatures, so they're consuming blood just like everybody else aren't they?
I would never accuse you of being obtuse. What is necessary is to show proper respect for blood.
Quote:
(Leviticus 17:13-16) 13 “‘As for any man of the sons of Israel or some alien resident who is residing as an alien in YOUR midst who in hunting catches a wild beast or a fowl that may be eaten, he must in that case pour its blood out and cover it with dust. 14 For the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood by the soul in it. Consequently I said to the sons of Israel: “YOU must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh, because the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood. Anyone eating it will be cut off.” 15 As for any soul that eats a body [already] dead or something torn by a wild beast, whether a native or an alien resident, he must in that case wash his garments and bathe in water and be unclean until the evening; and he must be clean. 16 But if he will not wash them and will not bathe his flesh, he must then answer for his error.’”
What is strangled is not free from blood:
Quote:
(Acts 15:19, 20) 19 Hence my decision is not to trouble those from the nations who are turning to God, 20 but to write them to abstain from things polluted by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood. . .
Sounds like reasonable care to me.I had steak just the other night.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 08:39 am
@neologist,
Life is in the DNA and blood is only one human form of DNA... Just one more biblical ERROR... Life is in the "CELL" God... all cells carry our DNA even bones and flesh...
RexRed

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 10:25 am
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1779033_10152554462404746_1712409401_n.jpg
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 03:53 pm
Like I said earlier, ancient heathens had disgusting eating habits, for example they ate raw animal flesh and drank the blood, often during idol-worship ceremonies, so of course God had to ban it.
It's none of my business if JW's want to go a step further and ban transfusions; they also ban birthday cakes and that's none of my business either..Wink
neologist

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 07:45 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
Life is in the DNA and blood is only one human form of DNA... Just one more biblical ERROR... Life is in the "CELL" God... all cells carry our DNA even bones and flesh...
Of course. But blood was given special attention from the very beginning.
Calamity Dal

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 07:49 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
on the other hand they could always join you in the celebrations to all of your gods, you might need to share some of your idols mind, I dont think they keep any. But of course how many gods you may wish to join in celebrations to is none of my business
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 10:01 pm
@neologist,
Errantly so... Science has also revealed the Bible's feeble attempt to define life. So shall we now trust the Bible's word on the human Spirit?

And Jesus in so many words said, When one builds their house on the sand the rains come and wash it away...
RexRed

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 12:08 am
Facebook poster wrote: The Massacre of Muslims in Burma continues, with over 1000 killed in cold blood yesterday, without any media interest! Please share to awaken the conscience of Humanity!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1/558190_10151060622962970_449621363_n.jpg
0 Replies