giujohn
 
  1  
Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 06:19 pm
@neologist,
Thank you Neo for reminding me of this passage...very apropos. Cudos!
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 08:49 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Dawkins said the eye is badly designed because it's "wired up back to front".
But even though biologists have corrected him, he hasn't retracted what he said (as far as i know), so that makes him a fibber for letting his lie stand..Smile

Biologist Richard Lumsden says: ".. if the rods and cones were turned around to face the incoming light, as Dawkins requires, the pigment layer would have to be between the light and the light receptors, thus blocking vision altogether! In short, it is just as well that God, not Professor Dawkins, designed the eye"
http://creation.com/seeing-back-to-front


PS- other lying atheists that spring to mind are TV's David Attenborough for trying to pass off zoo-born polar bear cubs as being born "in the wild", and lying atheist authors who are still saying Nazareth never existed in Jesus's time.
It seems atheists are just natural-born liars...Wink


Is this your evidence that God exists because Richard Dawkins may be wrong on a certain thing?

And you believe in a 6000 year old universe? Is that not the biggest lie of all time?

Eve came from Adam's rib (not the other way around) and Jesus was born of a virgin. And you have the gall to call others liars?

Oh yea...
And black people are cursed and if they are good they will become white again... (cynical)

Noah's ark was full of dinosaurs and many millions of mating insects.

And you have the gall to call ANYONE a liar?

Matthew 7:5
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 09:16 pm
@RexRed,
"And the Lord spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land." -Jonah 2:10 (King James Version)

Spoken by Jesus:
“For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly, so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth” (Matthew 12:40).

Jesus was an aquatic biologist.

Pinocchio was in the belly of a whale of a tale of a wooden boy that was REAL and we l all know of Pinocchio's truthfulness.

" ... a blue whale's oesophagus or gullet is a mere 4 inches or 10 cm in diameter, so it would have problems swallowing a whole grapefruit, this could never have been the whale that swallowed Jonah."

"If there is any gas inside a whale, it’s probably methane, and that’s not going to help you out very much. We do know that whales can be flatulent, so there is some gas. They do have gassy pockets, but it’s not air, not good to breath. Certainly, no air inside a fish, so I think that’s really what’s going to get you in the end. So I'm afraid no."

So that really leaves the toothed whales, the other part of the whale group, things like killer whales and sperm whales. Yes, they can swallow large prey. They can swallow large seals whole. We know sperm whales can swallow giant squid whole, so chances are, they could swallow a human whole. If you can survive the being swallowed part of it and get past all those teeth, you then will find yourself in a complex system of digestion. They have up to four stomach chambers, like a cow. Find your way through those if you can while also going to dodge all those nasty digestive enzymes that are going to start corroding your skin.

SCIENCE PEOPLE!

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=30955.0

a whale’s stomach isn’t filled with oxygen, it’s filled with things like saltwater, krill, dead fish, algae, digestive enzymes and acids.

http://500questions.wordpress.com/2012/03/18/29-was-jonah-really-swallowed-by-a-whale/

“Is it more probable that nature should go out of her course or that a man should tell a lie? We have never seen, in our time, nature go out of her course. But we have good reason to believe that millions of lies have been told in the same time. It is therefore at least millions to one that the reporter of a miracle tells a lie.”
~ Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 10:46 pm
@giujohn,
Yes Neo that was a very useful verse for this discussion, thanks for posting it.
0 Replies
 
Romeo Fabulini
 
  1  
Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 11:51 pm
Quote:
Glujohn said: O Romeo...go into ANY prison in the world and you know what you will find??? The highest percentage of religious gits per capita than in any other population...and Im not counting the ones who conform after going in.

Prove it..Wink
When I was in jail the only religious git i saw in there was an elderly asian religious leader dressed all in robes, dunno what he'd done.
Incidentally a Quaker used to visit the jail to talk to us about his faith, but we gave him such a rough ride laughing at his beliefs that he couldn't wait to get out..Smile
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 06:30 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
. . . And you believe in a 6000 year old universe? Is that not the biggest lie of all time? . . .
Pretty big one for sure. Right up there with "You positively will not die. . . " But, of course, the Bible does not say the universe is 6000 years old. Just another straw man, Rex.
RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 07:00 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

RexRed wrote:
. . . And you believe in a 6000 year old universe? Is that not the biggest lie of all time? . . .
Pretty big one for sure. Right up there with "You positively will not die. . . " But, of course, the Bible does not say the universe is 6000 years old. Just another straw man, Rex.


Really Neo, really? Straw man? If the Bible does not say 6000 years or even 10,000 years where are all these idiots getting the idea from? Richard Dawkins?

You ought to reexamine what you consider as a "straw man".

How many Americans actually believe the earth is only 6,000 years old?
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/10/how-many-americans-actually-believe-the-earth-is-only-6000-years-old/

Excerpt:
Last year, Gallup once again reported that nearly half of the country believe the Biblical version of events: “Forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years.”

Comment:
Whose straw man? Not mine... Yours perhaps?

As long as people still believe this crap I am going to remind them of its idiocy.
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 07:13 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
Really Neo, really? Straw man? If the Bible does not say 6000 years or even 10,000 years where are all these idiots getting the idea from? Richard Dawkins?
Don't tell me Dawkins believes that hooey, also. Very Happy Well, I never considered him all that smart.
RexRed wrote:
You ought to reexamine what you consider as a "straw man".

How many Americans actually believe the earth is only 6,000 years old?
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/10/how-many-americans-actually-believe-the-earth-is-only-6000-years-old/

Excerpt:
Last year, Gallup once again reported that nearly half of the country believe the Biblical version of events:
Well, you see, the error here is in claiming 6000 is the Biblical version, when it is a misrepresentation of the Biblical account.
RexRed wrote:
“Forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years.”

Comment:
Whose straw man? Not mine... Yours perhaps?
The 'creationist view', as expounded above, is incorrect. I didn't really think it was your straw man, Rex. But, if it is not your straw man, then do you post it in your exegesis?

RexRed
 
  1  
Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 12:11 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

RexRed wrote:
Really Neo, really? Straw man? If the Bible does not say 6000 years or even 10,000 years where are all these idiots getting the idea from? Richard Dawkins?
Don't tell me Dawkins believes that hooey, also. Very Happy Well, I never considered him all that smart.
RexRed wrote:
You ought to reexamine what you consider as a "straw man".

How many Americans actually believe the earth is only 6,000 years old?
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/10/how-many-americans-actually-believe-the-earth-is-only-6000-years-old/

Excerpt:
Last year, Gallup once again reported that nearly half of the country believe the Biblical version of events:
Well, you see, the error here is in claiming 6000 is the Biblical version, when it is a misrepresentation of the Biblical account.
RexRed wrote:
“Forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years.”

Comment:
Whose straw man? Not mine... Yours perhaps?
The 'creationist view', as expounded above, is incorrect. I didn't really think it was your straw man, Rex. But, if it is not your straw man, then do you post it in your exegesis?




It is irrelevant if 6000 years is a misinterpretation if millions of people still believe it.

And if it is more than 6000 or 7000 years that sure throws a monkey wrench in your thousand years equals on day and we are nearing the 7th day mark...

Make up your mind Neo, you are floundering.
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 12:23 pm
@RexRed,
Anyone trying to defend the bible have lost before they utter one word. There are too many errors, contradictions, omissions, and literal b.s. for it to have any credibility.

All they can do is try to defend the impossible. Can't be done; the bible is its own worst enemy.
0 Replies
 
Quehoniaomath
 
  1  
Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 11:37 am
Quote:
‘Today I would like to return to your awareness an aspect of the Human condition that adheres to certain religious beliefs and practices. It has long been understood by the architects of social order that a belief system predicated on fear and consequence was essential for maintaining control and domination over a populace. From their perspective you can see how important a template of compliancy would be. So church was created along with its extrusions of laws and moral antecedents that were mixed into that catchall phrase called religion
.’
http://www.wakingtimes.com/2014/07/09/one-world-religion-already/
0 Replies
 
Quehoniaomath
 
  1  
Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 11:51 am
http://www.davidicke.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/1656232_591629587590571_380543017_n.jpg
Romeo Fabulini
 
  1  
Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 11:58 am
Quote:
Cicerone said: Anyone trying to defend the bible have lost before they utter one word. There are too many errors, contradictions, omissions, and literal b.s. for it to have any credibility.

Wait a minute mate, one minute you atheists are saying the bible is full of contradictions, then the next minute you're saying it's been edited over the centuries to make it look good!
Make up your mind..Smile
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 12:10 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
We have; they both apply - independently. Not our problem you're unable to 'see it.'
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 12:12 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
. . . It is irrelevant if 6000 years is a misinterpretation if millions of people still believe it.

And if it is more than 6000 or 7000 years that sure throws a monkey wrench in your thousand years equals on day and we are nearing the 7th day mark...

Make up your mind Neo, you are floundering.
When you are trying to ascertain time according to scripture, focus first on scripture and not on the so called 'experts' who have misled us for centuries. Check Genesis 2:4. Note how it lumps all creative days into one. What does that tell you about the meaning of Hebrew 'yom', English 'day'? Could be anything, right?

Then look at Genesis ch 1. When did the creative days begin? Could have been after a kazillion years, right? So you may wave the opinions of the misinformed at me til your arms get tired. I won't have any answers for them.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 12:13 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Cicerone said: Anyone trying to defend the bible have lost before they utter one word. There are too many errors, contradictions, omissions, and literal b.s. for it to have any credibility.

Wait a minute mate, one minute you atheists are saying the bible is full of contradictions, then the next minute you're saying it's been edited over the centuries to make it look good!
Make up your mind..Smile


Maybe it has been edited by stupid people...who only made things worse by their untalented editing.

In any case, the Bible IS full of contradictions...and absurdities.
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 12:15 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
So, where did you get the cockamamie idea the humans were created with sin?

Or do you just seek to entertain us with smarmy pictures?
Quehoniaomath
 
  1  
Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 12:20 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
So, where did you get the cockamamie idea the humans were created with sin?

Or do you just seek to entertain us with smarmy pictures?


doesn't it say in the bible that we are 'born in sin'??

Bible Verses About Being Born in Sin:
http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses-About-Being-Born-in-Sin/



Quote:
Romans 5:12 - Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Psalms 51:5 - Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.



So, lets face it, you have never even read the bible. That is for sure!

Romeo Fabulini
 
  1  
Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 12:21 pm
Quote:
Frank Apisa re the bible: Maybe it has been edited by stupid people...who only made things worse by their untalented editing...

Logic it out mate, they would have needed no talent at all to simply cross out anything that made christianity look bad, that's why we can TRUST the bible because its come down to us over the centuries warts and all without anybody trying to pretty it up in any way..Smile
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 12:23 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
But our first parents were created without sin.
They chose to sin, thereby passing it on to us.
 

Related Topics

Another day when there is no God - Discussion by edgarblythe
Is "God" just our conscience? - Question by Groomers123
believe in god! - Question by roammer
The existence of God - Question by jwagner
Are Gods Judgments righteous? - Discussion by Smileyrius
What did God do on Day 8? - Question by HesDeltanCaptain
What do you think about world? - Question by Joona
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Does God Exist?
  3. » Page 131
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 03/01/2021 at 04:51:00