Where is sozobe?

JPB

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 05:57 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
There were a lot of changes that year, not the least of which was noddy's passing. I don't think we've been the same since.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 06:00 pm
@ossobuco,
OSSO.................................................. I like ya too oh I just read she dropped in, having a bad morning, let me get my anger out and NOT SHUT UP, I'm human.

Thanks for politely telling me Farmer Wink

(Hugs oss)
farmerman

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 06:01 pm
@JPB,
what year did timberland leave us? Dys was just 2 years ago. These were all giants (I include jon Dorel with whom I liked to discuss art)
Getting old ,
JPB

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 06:06 pm
@farmerman,
timber passed in 2007. Another great loss.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 06:15 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Well, I'm dunned for telling you to look up about Sozobe, so be it.

I know you are human, Foundy, that is why I like you. But I am very keen on Sozobe, she's a major person in my life, I really like her, her sense.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 06:19 pm
@ossobuco,
God no... Oss, you mentioned before to read (Joe Nations) from the beginning as well Wink And, I will . I'd love to know all of you so much better and those I don't know at all. It's not that easy as I work 6 days a week and long hours, but you can bet I will. And, thank you, I appreciate your advice to me, as always.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 06:25 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
'k, I get you. I get defensive.

Snort, that's my way.
Not always, but I do that.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 06:29 pm
Cavfancier - Cook, poet, great guy -

ossobuco

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 06:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
Still very missed.

Our hearts were broken.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 09:51 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
Where are the ferrets?

Who is John Galt?
farmerman

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 09:59 pm
@Ticomaya,
How bout Zeke Kile?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 02:22 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

what year did timberland leave us? Dys was just 2 years ago. These were all giants (I include jon Dorel with whom I liked to discuss art)
Getting old ,

We had just had a meet up in Austin <sigh>
ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 02:28 pm
@BillW,
Listening..
BillW

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 02:37 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Listening..

That was awfully non descript of me to a fairly entangled quote. Let me add - the meet up in Austin had occurred just before Joanne's death. She had not mentioned she was goona be there, but just showed. It was a good three days.....
ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 02:49 pm
@BillW,
I'll join you in the sigh.
BillW

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 03:02 pm
@ossobuco,
I had gotten to know her pretty well cause she would run up to OKC and do art sales at different craft shows. The wife and I would go out and meet her sometimes.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 03:09 pm
@BillW,
I have trouble enough remembering what year was what on my own stuff, but I remember our loss - and what must have been her anguish.
BillW

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 03:17 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I have trouble enough remembering what year was what on my own stuff, but I remember our loss - and what must have been her anguish.

yes - I know a little about that and just don't wanna go there - I'll just keep her, O'Henry, Sixth Street, the the other A2Kers and the bats in frontal lobe memory - yes, that is pleasant!

I don't remember the year, just that both came together <sigh>
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 04:29 pm
@BillW,
She (joanne) and I had a PM discussion so many times about art and life in NAwlins. I never met her, nor Timberland, Dys, Cav, Himself but I still consider them as friends.
I guess that was a time when we could argue and still not hold any enmity among the members.
Was Joanne visibly depressed when you met her? Just before her death I had an employee commit suicide and I was the last person he tqlked to and it never even dawned on me that he was saying goodbye. It took years of ridding the guilt by analysis and talking with
friends.

I always kick my ss because Im so damned dense at picking up on stuff that , later, was clear as a bell.
BillW

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 04:42 pm
@farmerman,
My wife and I felt the same way with Joanne. she wouldn't commit to come to the meet, then she showed up. Yes, she was in a depressive state at that time, then again, she was always somewhat depressive. I read back over the thread her husband started and everyone was trying to get him to respond. If I remember correctly I am pretty sure she was divorced and had been for some time - a year at least. He just took care of her last wish, I can assure you she wanted to be remembered. There is nothing wrong with that.

But, I don't kick my ass for being dense or anything like that. This is the decision the person makes and I honor them for it cause it is the last thing they will do in this world. I hope you understand what I mean.