Where is sozobe?

Reply Tue 21 May, 2013 08:29 pm
Has she ditched us for Facebook too or is she immersed in writing her book or did something happen when I wasn't paying attention or what?

Has anyone seen her?

Is she okay?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 29 • Views: 6,547 • Replies: 130

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 May, 2013 09:00 pm
@boomerang,
I don't know, have your same question.
boomerang

Reply Tue 21 May, 2013 09:09 pm
@ossobuco,
I hope she's wrapped up in something wonderful and that's why she hasn't been around.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 21 May, 2013 11:01 pm
@boomerang,
I emailed her a while back. She's fine....immersed in life and book etc.

Hope she comes in to answer this herself, though!

I miss her.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 22 May, 2013 08:19 am
@dlowan,
Oh, good. Miss her too.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 22 May, 2013 01:09 pm
@dlowan,
Good to know that everything is okay. Hopefully she's making real progress on her book and having a lot of fun with sozlet and EG.

I know a lot of people just got frustrated with A2K and left for Facebook.....
dlowan

Reply Wed 22 May, 2013 03:35 pm
@boomerang,
I'm frustrated with both! A2k is no fun any more but Facebook is no replacement!
boomerang

Reply Wed 22 May, 2013 03:45 pm
@dlowan,
I don't Facebook so I'm not frustrated with it but I refrain from posting any new topics on A2K anymore because of one person in particular.

I think everybody must have their "one person" and that's why none of the regulars are posting here anymore.
dlowan

Reply Wed 22 May, 2013 04:27 pm
@boomerang,
Maybe some of us will still be around a bit if Robert ever implements the bit of ignore where the one you are ignoring cannot see your posts.

I come in to talk with people who don't Facebook.....maybe we are all just evolving out of sites like this?

Facebook is dumb....there's no interesting discussion.

I have my own little site I built because Aa wouldn't post here, but it could never replace this. Except no trolls. She never posted there either, so I abandoned it.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 22 May, 2013 04:28 pm
Some persons have more than one facebook account. I have two. sozobe is my friend on the identity I use. She has not posted there in a long time. But I assume she is well.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 10:09 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

I'm frustrated with both! A2k is no fun any more but Facebook is no replacement!

Have you considered Google +?
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 10:12 am
@boomerang,
Quote:
none of the regulars are posting here anymore.
i see plenty of regulars posting every day.

people come and go... always have, always will...
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 02:04 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

I'm new at Facebook - to catch up with people who don't post here, but....it's not much fun - or am I doing it wrong?

Tsar...google + what??

ps..miss Soz also!
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 02:09 pm
@margo,
Quote:
google + what??
plus nothing... Smile
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 03:29 pm
I visit Reddit more than I do A2K these days. They have good forums for parenting, books, education, DIY, cooking, baking, etc.

I don't ask many questions there though because it's so vast that you never really get to know anybody. I love the smallness and long history with users at A2K but I'm finding more and more that familiarity brings contempt. I LOVE a good argument but it seems that personal insults are taking the place of reasoned discussion too many times.

Maybe I'm just feeling kind of lonely.....
dlowan

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 03:56 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

dlowan wrote:

Have you considered Google +?

Does it have actual discussions without constant screeds by trolls and those who,insist on engaging them? I have kind of looked at it, but not really taken any time with it. FB is ok for learning a bit of stuff and a bit of catching up but boring as batshit otherwise.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 04:01 pm
@boomerang,
Yes....I think A2k has just lost a critical mass of people I like. Probably Msolga and Soz were the final straws...and Robert never posts any more.

I still drop in to see people like you and merry etc boomer!

0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 04:06 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

Tell you what, I'll go and round up Kicky, Gus, Slappy and a few others while you find Soz, Letty, CJ, Greenwitch, Osso, Margo et al and we'll all go and get pissed in Eva's wine bar.
You can even bring that wabbit.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 04:17 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

I visit Reddit more than I do A2K these days. They have good forums for parenting, books, education, DIY, cooking, baking, etc.

I don't ask many questions there though because it's so vast that you never really get to know anybody. I love the smallness and long history with users at A2K but I'm finding more and more that familiarity brings contempt. I LOVE a good argument but it seems that personal insults are taking the place of reasoned discussion too many times.

for instance the DUI thread where I am making a reasoned argument for not lowering the allowed BAC anymore and the response is a bunch of people not saying much more than "you are a selfish asshole". increasingly A2K is not capable of hosting a debate, of doing anything but selling the opinion of the mob.

a basic lack of respect for others is the core problem, and new programing from Robert would amount to putting lipstick on a pig.
dlowan

Reply Thu 23 May, 2013 04:47 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Sounds good!
0 Replies