Where is sozobe?

JeffreyEqualityNewma

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 01:06 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

you Rock were and are in the vanguard of the killers, driven by your intolerance and lack of respect for others.

Strange you should say that. In the time I’ve been here I’ve yet to see you show anyone respect.

I registered here a year ago this month when I found Morgan’s thread about Thom Swift. In the beginning I was starting to enjoy the forum. People would start interesting topics that I enjoyed reading, then the standards of posting behavior by a few kind of took the fun away.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 01:12 pm
@BillRM,
Well, you and I differ Bill. People like JTT should be totally banned but since they've gone to self moderating A2K can only provide tools to remove such trash from the membership.
You can always "IGNORE" using ignore and then you can be stuck with it.
Some people are annoyed at me and they should have the privilege to not allow me to see their posts. I look forward to a JTT -free world . I don't see any need for some of these bots too but since they keep changing ID's, they are immune unless the boys in the front office write some code that keeps up with the posts.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 01:23 pm
@farmerman,
there is good in everyone Farmboy, and we would all be better off if more people spent more time looking for this good rather than going on and on about about how Skip, Stew, Curly and ten other people all suck so bad that no one should talk to them and bitching that Robert will not get rid of them.
farmerman

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 01:24 pm
@sozobe,
Quote:
less interesting, less fun, felt more like work
Ditto. Maybe weve just worn out the format and now that its getting more world-wide responses that are more often than not, really of a local interest base, its actually boring.
How many years do you guys wanna hear me talk about rocks and how many years can I read about what Frank APisa has to say about gods.

The only ones Ive found myself even mildly interested in are the random rockhound posts about some kid in Australia or Italy finding some unique bank of stuff or a rock specimen. No more rt (except for the threads where someone wants to know about their painting but doesn't even post a pic of it). No gardens or music, no relly stimulating questions (in my mind) Most posts are decidedly planned confrontational .

Im not gonna do Facebook while Im still practicing, its a kiss of death for courtroom voir dire.

DvR politics has grown beyond a means to achieve any compromises. Both sides are unable to see beyond their own worldviews. That's sad.

Even history seems to be made up of a bunch of subjective facts from a few members.
farmerman

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 01:29 pm
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
Why is that? If you are ignoring someone, they are virtually dead to you.
Not at all. They still see your posts and will comment upon them to others which often elicits comments from others whom you are Not ignoring and the quote war goes on . If the ignore were a two way ignore, THEN the person would be dead cause they wouldn't see a damn thing of yours.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 01:33 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
Not at all. They still see your posts and will comment upon them to others which often elicits comments from others whom you are Not ignoring and the quote war goes on . If the ignore were a two way ignore, THEN the person would be dead cause they wouldn't see a damn thing of yours.

robert sure did A2K no favors when he catered to the thin skinned would be ideological cleaners with the idiotic ignore function, but the problem was here before the new A2K was.
farmerman

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 01:54 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
farmerman,

there is good in everyone Farm -boy, and we would all be better off if more people spent more time looking for this good rather than going on and on
You may even be right on this. However, JTT is something that I don't care to give the benefit of the doubt. This poster has continually been more of a slogan yelling zealot with no attempts at solutions. It only wants to harangue and yell at traffic. If we had the advanced ignore feature, I would disappear to it as well as it to me.
Then itd be as Tico said and it would be a fair exchange.

I don't ignore you just because your worldview and mine don't coalesce. You at least engage and discuss, theres something there to disagree with or agree with (whatever). With JTT its just not possible and I think itd be best that he just vaporizes.
farmerman

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 02:04 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
robert sure did A2K no favors when he catered to the thin skinned
Robert was quite wise to initiate the feature because it prevents these many paged fests of acid tossing by several pissed off parties.
Several of us kept spendi on ignore for several months and hes since calmed down in his rudeness. Remember, this is not a site that is a sentence and no one is tied to it. When, for whatever reasons, the site becomes no fun, people leave.
You seem to make some value judgement about someones ability to stay in a useless argument .
For example, your own stance on DUI is defenseless and your arguments are inane. Yet severl people have attempted to core through your iridium skull to see if you can pick up on the logic of possible changes in BAC. Someone can explain it to you but they cant understand it FOR you. Noone is "thin skinned". On the contrary, they've been quite patient nd have only returned barbs when you tried to try a little rudeness of your own.

When e write something we hear one thing and the reader may interpret it entirely differently.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 02:06 pm
@farmerman,
Meanwhile weve probably not been the best example of polite debate.
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 02:08 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Quote:

Well, that's true. That's the only reason I know your and my favorite troll still lurks here, because others quote it's comments.

But, while its an imperfect system, I don't find it that difficult to just ignore the "relatively" few times that ever happens.

For all I know the little pissant is responding to a whole lot of my posts, but I could give a crap. I doubt that's the case, though, as these trolls tend to go away if they aren't fed.
Roberta

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 02:11 pm
@sozobe,
soz, Very good to see you. I missed you. I don't post much or show up on a lot of threads, but I read a lot. Aside from missing you, the person I like, I also miss your level-headedness and your no nonsense approach to things.

Sorry you've given up on this site.
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 02:11 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Meanwhile weve probably not been the best example of polite debate.

Speak for yourself!
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 02:42 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
Maybe some of us will still be around a bit if Robert ever implements the bit of ignore where the one you are ignoring cannot see your posts.

Not even when that person logs out of A2K and searches a2k for your name on Google? I don't see what Robert could do to prevent this, short of converting A2K into a private forum.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 02:44 pm
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
Why is that? If you are ignoring someone, they are virtually dead to you. Why would you care whether they see your posts or not?

I half agree with you on this one, but I also understand why one doesn't want their posts visible to someone they ignore. 'Ignore' is a two edged sword, coming and going. I would also like to see a fix if anyone quotes either the ignored person or the one being ignoring that this information is not visible either - going both ways.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 02:46 pm
@Ticomaya,
Part of the problem is that people keep quoting when they don't have to, since the reply already shows what post is being referred to - at least most of the time, as Reply to All is not used anywhere near as much.

For anyone who doesn't know what I mean, the small green letters with the persons name, if clicked on, bring up the post being replied to.
Thomas

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 02:47 pm
@Ticomaya,
Tico must have posted something. What a relief that I can't read it. Smile
Thomas

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 02:50 pm
@Thomas,
Oh, yes, about that sozobe person. Good to see ya! Smile
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 03:09 pm
@farmerman,
Sorry if you placed anything on the open internet it is a public statement that should be open to anyone at all to read.

Take note Robert for example does not block google indexing or demand even an account to read the postings for that matter.

Everything here except private messages are open on this website and the idea of some crazy patch to limit one person only from reading another posting is inherently crazy and unworkable.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 03:28 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
Tico must have posted something. What a relief that I can't read it. Smile

Well I don't want to talk to you no more, anyway, you son of a motherless goat! I fart in your general direction!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 24 May, 2013 03:30 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Part of the problem is that people keep quoting when they don't have to, since the reply already shows what post is being referred to - at least most of the time, as Reply to All is not used anywhere near as much.

For anyone who doesn't know what I mean, the small green letters with the persons name, if clicked on, bring up the post being replied to.

maybe what you are seeing is people who never believed in the ignore function working to sabotage it..
0 Replies