How is this definition of "belief"?

Setanta

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 07:48 am
Oh, you're so cleaver . . . a real cut-up . . .
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 07:50 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Este é um site Inglês. Por favor, aprenda Inglês básico. E lógica básico. http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/dunce.gif http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/nutter.gif
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 07:51 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
As I have proven to Frank, he is not even aware of all the unproven certitudes he holds.

Even if he was aware of them all, he couldn't call them guesses because he can't even fathom an alternative to his certitude in some cases (e.g. in the case of the idea that logic 'works').
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 07:52 am
FBM

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 08:02 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I do love you, Fil. Regardless of the fact that you don't know your hypothetical syllogism from a hole in the ground and that you won't get that allusion. http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/shake_it.gif
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 08:15 am
@FBM,
Go away monkey haven't you get that I I'm not addressing you ? Go back to your Buddhist cave and do some meditation or something of the sort...your level of IQ describes itself so do me a favour n get lost...
FBM

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 08:17 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/tumblr_lk8uktSMdz1qhd3npo1_100.gif
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 08:23 am
@FBM,
If you can't infer from "reports to truth" that one is intending as referring to the truth, alluding to the state of affairs, what is the case, etc...what else needs to be said...the good thing about stupidity is that it makes itself crystal clear to spot, it doesn't need help...
FBM

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 08:29 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Dipshit, "report to" means to submit to an authority. It isn't used to refer to inanimate objects. If you're going to post your inane pseudo-arguments on an English website, learn the ******* language first. Get your **** together. So far, you've only demonstrated your ineptitude at English (particularly reading comprehension), basic logical argumentation and maturity. I teach EFL in a university. If you were my student, I'd be hard pressed to find a reason to give you a C.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 08:43 am
@FBM,
I feel sorry for your students having to put up with a bag of idiocy like you !
Reporting to truth as short for reporting THE truth doesn't refer to any particular animate or inanimate object but rather to a state of affairs that may concern either animate or inanimate objects...obviously truth its not an object to which you report but from which you report from...reporting to the truth is reporting anything which is the case, and thus can only be interpreted as referring to the truth...picking a fight on that with a non native speaker as a mean of hiding your shortcomings on rational thought is sufficient to speak miles own you dwarf !
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 08:52 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

So i see you have no argument to back up your guess bullsh*t, Frank, so you default to your sneers and smears. No surprise there.

Oh Sweetie, I've offered all sorts of arguments. You just dismiss them and claim some kind of victory. And then you start your crying act about people sneering and smearing you.

C'mon. Work something new out. You old stuff is tired.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 08:54 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Fil seems to have anger management problems. I wrote a post which had absolutely nothing to do with him, and he told me to go f*ck myself. Maybe when he grows up . . .

Good grief, I hope Fil gets as much a kick out of hearing you complain about others having "anger management problems", Setanta.

I wonder if you do that kind of things just to provoke the laughs.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 08:57 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
So why the **** did you start talking about my sentence as referring to an "object," ass-hat? You're contradicting your own argument. You're committing logical suicide, dumbass. http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/facepalm.gif
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 08:57 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

As I have proven to Frank, he is not even aware of all the unproven certitudes he holds.

Even if he was aware of them all, he couldn't call them guesses because he can't even fathom an alternative to his certitude in some cases (e.g. in the case of the idea that logic 'works').

Ahhh...what you are saying is that those things must be defined as "beliefs"...in order for you to "win" and argument???

I would suggest you hold off on asserting that you have "proven" anything...until after you've done it.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 09:05 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

So why the **** did you start talking about my sentence as referring to an "object," ass-hat? You're contradicting your own argument. You're committing logical suicide, dumbass. http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/facepalm.gif

Here let me help you dumb ass clown :

"Your 2 sentence is very interesting...it reports ,,,,,,,,,, "to" what is true (that which is being the case)...the problem is what happens and what you believe did happen often (perhaps always) are not the same..."

...what comes in green should be the focus of your attention if it was the case you were an honest instead of deliberately "noisy" debater...
Olivier5

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 09:15 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Ahhh...what you are saying is that those things must be defined as "beliefs"...in order for you to "win" and argument???

I would suggest you hold off on asserting that you have "proven" anything...until after you've done it.

You've admitted as much. Have you forgotten already? And no, I am not trying to win. As frustrating as this thread is, it is the closest I found to an actual info-sharing, knowledge-sharing space since I arrived on A2K. I appreciate that more than the pissing context...
Olivier5

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 09:30 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
maybe that holds true for une petite fille such as yourself.

BTW, I'm totally in touch with my girly inner self, and I say, like Maurice Chevalier:

As for you, why is it that I can't manage to picture you as a man? You're sure about your gender?
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 09:32 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Unfortunately, this does not often come into play in the areas where I have been speaking...the areas of guesses about the true nature of REALITY.

Perhaps not for you, or anyone else who tries to relate to ideas of unknown relevance without deciding true or false. Making that assertion is in itself a guess. But if you assert that something is either true or false, and then make new guesses that depend on that first guess, you are letting you assertions move you to something else.
It is not something humans have to do. Many do it, many don't. Many are aware that they are doing it, while others seem to do it almost subconsciously, sometimes getting very offended when other people object to their reasoning.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 09:36 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

You've admitted as much. Have you forgotten already? And no, I am not trying to win. As frustrating as this thread is, it is the closest I found to an actual info-sharing, knowledge-sharing space since I arrived on A2K. I appreciate that more than the pissing context...

You would do better to actually point to whatever it is you think I was "admitting" (mostly, I acknowledge rather than "admit) and we can re-discuss it.

If you are saying that I acknowledge that I makes guesses, estimates, and suppositions...YES I DO. Is there anything wrong with me calling my guesses, estimates and suppositions....guesses, estimates, or suppositions?

Glad you are enjoying the discussion. I am also.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Jun, 2013 09:38 am
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

Quote:
Unfortunately, this does not often come into play in the areas where I have been speaking...the areas of guesses about the true nature of REALITY.

Perhaps not for you, or anyone else who tries to relate to ideas of unknown relevance without deciding true or false. Making that assertion is in itself a guess. But if you assert that something is either true or false, and then make new guesses that depend on that first guess, you are letting you assertions move you to something else.
It is not something humans have to do. Many do it, many don't. Many are aware that they are doing it, while others seem to do it almost subconsciously, sometimes getting very offended when other people object to their reasoning.

I have no idea of what you are trying to get across here, Cyracuz. A guess is a guess...whether it is called something else or not.

I do not know the REALITY...and I do not have enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess about what should be included and what should be excluded.

What do you see as "wrong" with that?