Are we agents of a greater will? Are we ready to overcome our master?

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2013 09:26 pm
I ponder upon this my friends...

When we say "I want a tuna sandwich", and feel happy when we get it, is it because we "the self" wanted it, or because a "higher self" (say "our" subconscious) wanted it so?

After all, who is "I", and did I decide I wanted the tuna? Or did I give in to the desire, the urge, the craving...

We can all claim we have mastered ourselves... and then excuse ourselves as we just "have" to use the restroom...

If we get what we "desire" we feel good, if we do not get it, we feel bad... are we but agents/slaves/servants/a small part of a greater spectrum beyond our understanding?

Is our brain simply our master, rewarding us with "happy drugs if we do its bidding" and making us feel bad if we do not?

In that case we may just have overrated conscience... or perhaps we can and thus will find the way to master it... Yet what is a being that masters itself? That feels no need, no craving? Maybe we can choose our own desires, our own cravings... maybe that is what we do...

Does that make us human? Or something beyond?

Perhaps a human that has overcome itself, its subconscious, its (more or less) 97 percent of so called "unused" potential, is more than a human, and closer than our (general) view on a God.

I know that those that travel long and far, to find themselves, need only find a mirror... But could a God be hidden behind the mirror image as well?

I often foresee future events in my dreams, yet in my dreams I ask myself these questions... Are humans ready for the next level? I believe (fittingly) that belief is the key, that a man that believe himself able to do the impossible, breaks the rules of what is impossible, even to science... I mean did science believe man could fly? No... science simply adapts, yet many scientists feel the need to disprove, if they believe they can disprove anything, they can... As for the one that believe none can disprove him?

Again just philosophy... "Just" philosophy... MWAHAHAHAHAH... just kidding... If I sound like a mad scientist, then I believe a mad philosopher is far more fitting...

Thank you.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,731 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 12:31 am
You claim to have premonitory dreams and expect to be taken seriously? You lost me with all that bullshit about a tuna sandwich.
ShadowKnight

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 12:36 am
@Setanta,
Get lost already, if a ******* Tuna Sandwich is too much for your brain to handle... hahahaha! Of course you would never get the rest.

Get lost already, I am sick of your ******* pathetic comments on my damn posts!
Setanta

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 01:02 am
@ShadowKnight,
Don't send me any more private messages. If you do, i'll report them to administration who will take action on them. This is the only time i've ever commented on a post of yours, so it's hardly reasonable to claim you are sick of me commenting on your posts.

Loser.
ShadowKnight

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 01:25 am
@Setanta,
Yeah, your only post, but reading your "contributions" at the other posts, one is more than enough!

Sure, go order them around, let them take action, I will gladly explain myself.

Hardly reasonable? You have no idea of just how sickening you are, are you? Well, now you know, your welcome!

The faster you sweep the trash, the less it bothers you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 01:30 am
I understand what you're saying, i'm just pointing out that it's a bunch of BS. I told you not to send me any more private messages--and i will now report you to administration. It is immaterial to me what they do, or how you react.
Setanta

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 01:35 am
I've reported your abusive private messages.
ShadowKnight

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 01:47 am
@Setanta,
Did I ever ask for an explanation? Get lost!

And telling me to eat **** and die, is surely not abusive at all hypocrite, I am sure they will understand my... precautions when it comes to certain people such as you, they are sure to have a list of your "contributions".
Setanta

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 01:49 am
@ShadowKnight,
As it was a response to an unsolicited PM,which was abusive, i consider it justified. We'll see how administration responds. Don't think for a moment that your silly, puerile insults are a matter of any real significance.
ShadowKnight

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 01:53 am
@Setanta,
Did I solicit your post here? Hmm... I cant remember that one...

Hah, justified... now its a matter of trial and justice eh? I see how you do "not take my counter insults at heart"

Keep yapping, you are somewhat amusing... I mean "puerile" oh lala, excuse me if I cannot keep up with your "extravagant" use of words...

You see, I dont put effort in keeping your kind away, its mere amusement.
0 Replies

ShadowKnight

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 02:03 am
@Setanta,
Well, okay, I misjudged you, I had no idea you where so sensitive, I mean with your arrogant post (and your comments I have come across on other posts), I thought you where the kind of person that could both dish and take, now if you cant take it, then I am deeply sorry failing to understand your sensitivities...

I will make sure to treat you lightly and never hurt your feelings nor scare you with (OMG) Pm`s ever again. Smile

Friends? Wink

Ps: Notice that I am trying to undo our wrongdoings, and stretch my hand out in friendship Very Happy.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 02:46 am
Posts in a thread are open to everyone. No one is obliged to endure vicious, unsolicited personal messages. Get over it.

While you're at it, grow up.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 02:48 am
Stop sending me personal messages. If you continue, i will report those, too.
ShadowKnight

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 04:43 am
@Setanta,
You still going on that? Please, its daytime now, I have better things to do... Ok I call the quits, you win your silly little game, by default.
0 Replies