How is this definition of "belief"?

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 03:31 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You are totally inconsistent in your claims; with any exception to your own beliefs.

In other words, you do believe, and do not guess.

Your initial claims are now worthless. And that's after you have repeated the same claim ad nauseam in your previous posts.

So, tell me. What are we supposed to believe about you?

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 03:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

It works for you, but you can't "prove it." Why is that you don't have beliefs, and you only have guesses, but it makes you think you are correct?

I KNOW 2 = 2 = 4.

REALITY IS WHATEVER IS.

No matter how it got to be...or if it became what it is.

Whatever it IS...it IS.

That is objective...not subjective, ci.

I do not understand why you do not see it.

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 03:59 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You wrote,
Quote:
I KNOW 2 = 2 = 4.

You are now resorting to a ridiculous side show.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 05:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You wrote,
Quote:
I KNOW 2 = 2 = 4.

You are now resorting to a ridiculous side show.

No, ci...I am attempting to establish that some things I know. When I do not know something...I acknowledge that I do not know it. If I make guesses about it...I call them guesses; if I speculate about it...I call it speculation.

When I talk about something that I know...I say I know it.

I know (in a reasonable sense of the word "know") that 2 + 2 = 4; I know I am typing at my keyboard at the moment; I know the name on my birth certificate is "Frank Apisa."

I know that since REALITY is what actually IS...it objectively is what actually is.

Not sure why you want to insist I am doing the several things you have suggested I am doing.

Wouldn't it be easier to do what I have done so very often in the past...simply say that I do not know for sure?

The only way REALITY can be subjective is if this "belief" of yours that it is...IS CORRECT. And even if it is correct that REALITY is dependent upon the agreement and considerations of humans...

...THAT WOULD BE THE OBJECTIVE REALITY.

What are you up to here?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 10:32 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I'm not "up to" anything. I only relate what I see as contradiction in your claims about guesses and having no belief.

That's all!

There's nothing I can do about what you believe or don't believe about your reality. I can only respond to what you have written in the past.

It's my personal observation; that's all.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2013 03:40 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I'm not "up to" anything. I only relate what I see as contradiction in your claims about guesses and having no belief.

That's all!

There's nothing I can do about what you believe or don't believe about your reality. I can only respond to what you have written in the past.

It's my personal observation; that's all.

I suspect you may be kidding yourself, but in the end, that is for you to determine.

There are no contradictions to my claims "about guesses" and about the fact that I have no beliefs.

It matters not one whit what I or anyone else "believes" about whether or not we each have a reality...because THE REALITY is whatever is.

It isobjective...even if your guess that it is determined by human guesses, perspectives, and considerations about it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2013 09:13 am
@Frank Apisa,
Your misuse of the world "objective" is noted by everybody - except you and a couple of others. That's okay; it's not up to us to convince you otherwise.

I'm done here.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2013 11:19 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Your misuse of the world "objective" is noted by everybody - except you and a couple of others. That's okay; it's not up to us to convince you otherwise.

I'm done here.

Good. And I have not misused the word "objective."
0 Replies