edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 10:03 am
I am no Obama fan, but I would camp out in a blizzard and then cross the Death Valley of California without water if necessary, to vote for him, just to keep the likes of McCain and Romney out of office.
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 10:48 am
@edgarblythe,

Odds are very good that you would die before morning without government protection and services
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 10:53 am
@H2O MAN,
So you admit the government is necessary.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 10:58 am
@edgarblythe,
The biggest problem is that conservatives will lie, steal, and cheat, to cast their votes for their party.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 11:06 am
@edgarblythe,

Necessary for your personal survival...
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 03:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:

irrelevant...the data indicates that in Nov( the only time that matters) the VP choice at best helps a little, and can hurt a lot if it reflects poorly on the P candidate, as it did here.

Yes, Hawkeye, in the finality, it is irrelevant. The Tea Party, a major part of McCain's base actually preferred Palin to McCain because in spirit she appeared more like them ideologically. There was skepticism regarding McCain's true conservatism. This is one of the reason there were so many negative rally posters of Obama with a Hitler mustache etc.....these are the types of people Palin lures. The attending crowds at McCain rallies were only overflowing when Palin was speaking....so in effect she helped in that regard...people were just not that into the aging John McCain. Palin still attracts her loyal base. To the average American, Palin was a total flop after they came to know more about the rogue vp candidate.

Bu I agree, under normal circumstances, the second slot is not that important and people do vote the top of the ticket. Sarah Palin was selected to make up for the lack of whatever in McCain.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 03:33 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
What was really frightening for some of us that in the event McCain should die during his term, Palin would become the president.

That was MY biggest fear.
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 03:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

In the end, it turns out your fear was shared by enough idiots to force the nightmare that is Obama upon America.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 04:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

What was really frightening for some of us that in the event McCain should die during his term, Palin would become the president.

I hear you, CI. John McCain has had two major bouts of melanoma, malignant skin cancer. One can see traces of the surgery on the left side of his face. Yet, he seems vigorous enough and there was rumors of his being drawn to a female not his wife and the campaign had to step in and put a stop to it. There doesn't seem anything wrong with his libo drive.LoL.

And yet these types of worries will often surface when the candidate is McCain's age. People do worry about these things. Look at Chris Christi, Gov of NJ. He was told by a doctor that he was so overweight he might not make it through a presidential campaign....personally, I would have worried more about Christi who is clearly 500 pounds or more.

MvCain could very well live to be in his 90s or beyond. With scientific medical advances, and with his financial bank account, the doctors will keep him around for a long time. Look at Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain. This woman is 87 and has just recently reduced her workload. Her mother, the Queen Mum passed away at the age of 101.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 05:23 pm
The people behind McCain are pretty much the same ones behind GW Bush. That was the main reason I could never vote for him.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 05:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
McCain also seems to be a ready to shoot cowboy who would start a war just for the heck of it to see how much damage the US can exact on a country he doesn't like.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 05:34 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:

MvCain could very well live to be in his 90s or beyond. With scientific medical advances, and with his financial bank account, the doctors will keep him around for a long time. Look at Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain. This woman is 87 and has just recently reduced her workload. Her mother, the Queen Mum passed away at the age of 101.

CI, I nearly forgot to mention the sinister former VP Dick Cheney. He was badly in need of a heart transplant and he jumped to the head of the very, very long list of people waiting for such. He had the finances and the powerful influence to get this very special treatment. I predict McCain will be with us for a very long time.
0 Replies