Moment-in-Time

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 03:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Palin may well be about 50% of the reasons Obama got elected twice.

You very well might be correct, edgar, however, in my view, the personality of Sarah Palin, an unethical politician, was too pronounced to make a difference in the overall scheme of things....she might even have given Romney bad advice....Sarah Palin wasn't even invited to speak at the RNC....this will reveal how important the Gop think Palin is. The American people dismissed Palin as a joke a long time ago.

The former governor of Alaska's base (Tea Party) is small although they shriek louder than most. Palin cease to be *significant* half way through her vice presidential election campaign, and has never recovered anything of substance to say; she invokes passion among her base by sheer spitefulness and vitriolic nasty attacks against the president and his supporters. The majority of American voters turned their backs on this female BS-thrower some time ago. Sarah Palin is attractive physically but that is an asset that can only carry her so far....one must have brains to compete in the world of reality.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 04:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Palin may well be about 50% of the reasons Obama got elected twice. Smile

That's highly doubtful, the reason has everything to do with Chicago style politics and Union thuggery.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 04:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Palin may well be about 50% of the reasons Obama got elected twice.

The reason the Republicans lost is simply because they had a flawed candidate, Mitt Romney. He, in effect, described 47% of the American people as parasites. Also, one simply did not know who Mitt Romney was. He was all things, changing to fit the environment, the crowd, the topic and the media. Once, Senator Barbara Boxer said of Romney, "Poor Romney, he's changed his views on so many issues he doesn't know who he is or what he stands for anymore." Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 04:16 pm
Sarah Palin is attractive physically

I never did see that. She is such an ugly person that what might otherwise be attractive does not shine through for me.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 04:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
Palin may be physically attractive, but I don't see it that way, because of her high pitch voice and the content of her rhetoric.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 04:40 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:

That's highly doubtful, the reason has everything to do with Chicago style politics and Union thuggery

Since your head is so far up your ass do you have to roll around like glazed donut?
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 04:43 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:

That's highly doubtful, the reason has everything to do with Chicago style politics and Union thuggery

Since your head is so far up your ass do you have to roll around like glazed donut?

Laughing translation: formerman loves his partner to glaze his ass while eating donuts.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 04:58 pm
@farmerman,
Don't waste your time on this TROLL who offers nothing factual or informative.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 05:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Sarah Palin is attractive physically

I never did see that. She is such an ugly person that what might otherwise be attractive does not shine through for me.

Ah, Edgar, that might be because you look for the *inner* person and are not deceived by outward appearances. Usually, people are drawn to an attractive package, especially when it's a beautiful woman.They're fascinated by what she's wearing and her physical sex appeal. Highly intelligent people will look for concreteness in the core of her speeches. Initially, the frivolous among us were thoroughly carried away by Palin during the first campaign and we saw Obama drop in the polls....He soon recovered, though.....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 05:19 pm
Even if I had found her attractive, which I promise I did not, her screech-voice would have turned me away. In terms of attraction, politics aside.
roger

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 05:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Sticking with McCain, rather than the entire spectrum of Republicans, I didn't really like him when he first started using his celebrity as a POW to get elected. Lately he has seemed hysterical.

I didn't like that either, though it gave him credibility when he was completely against torture of prisoners. It was a disappointment when he decided otherwise. I still picked him over Obama, but not with much enthusiasm.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 05:33 pm
@roger,
It was not with much enthusiasm I voted Obama -
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 05:47 pm
@roger,
McCain lost me when he became so wishy-washy on the issues, nobody knew where he stood on anything.

I think most people called it "flip-flopping."
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 05:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

... her screech-voice would have turned me away.

Yep.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 05:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
http://thinkprogress.org/report/mccain-flip-flops/?mobile=nc

They identify 44 of McCain's flip-flops.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 01:49 am
@edgarblythe,
I'm with you on that, I never found her remotely attractive, and her voice puts my teeth on edge.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 08:16 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

They identify 44 of McCain's flip-flops.

Good morning, Edgar, my fellow poster.

Indeed, the article you posted describes John McCain perfectly. Being a close watcher of both parties of the US congress, I'm particularly fascinated by the many deceptive self-righteous faces of this Republican Arizona senator. Every now and then he might say something decent, like "the freshmen GOPers are Wackos", then pressured by the Tea Party, he backtracked. But the latter is trivial compared to his singing "bomb bomb bomb Iran" and when questioned on it by Obama during one of the debates, Lied, saying "I was just joking....it's an old beach boy song."

McCain gets credit for responding positively to a woman at his rally who had accused Obama of being a Muslim. He answered: "No ma'am, he's a decent American with a family whom I'm merely having a disagreement with." However, what prompted that positive response from Obama was the fact that his campaign rallies were beginning to represent the worse groups in America, howling for Obama's blood, yelling for him to be killed! Fingers may be pointed to Sarah Palin for these kinds of hateful demonstrations because she more than anyone else in McCain's campaign raised the spectre of killing Obama. McCain's advisers suggested toning down Palin's malevolent rhetoric against the Democratic African American candidate because it was hurting the party by backfiring.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 08:33 am
If you follow a person closely enough you will find a few positives. On balance, McCain has crossed over the line, in my view. He must depend on teabaggers to get elected.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 08:36 am
@Moment-in-Time,
When he challenged that lady at his rally, I think that was one of his last "old" McCain persona. The guy I used to admire, and would have voted for if not for all that other stuff.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 08:38 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
However, what prompted that positive response from Obama was the fact that his campaign rallies were beginning to represent the worse groups in America, howling for Obama's blood, yelling for him to be killed!

CORRECTION

The statement should read:

However, what prompted that positive response from "Mcain" was the fact that his campaign rallies were beginning to represent the worse groups in America, howling for Obama's blood, yelling for him to be killed!
0 Replies