Moment-in-Time

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 09:45 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

When he challenged that lady at his rally, I think that was one of his last "old" McCain persona. The guy I used to admire, and would have voted for if not for all that other stuff.

Good Morning, Cicerone.

It is positive statements like "challenging the lady at his rally" from McCain that kept him afloat, somewhat, and throughout his career, he has performed similarly. McCain has a somewhat mercurial temperament, often inconsistent. It's difficult to ascertain how much of his age play a role, but some of his actions here lately makes one intrigued about his peculiar eruptions, his deeply targeted anger at Ambassador Rice, former Secy of State, Clinton and Obama in particular. I, along with many McCain watchers, feel he has yet to come to terms with losing this race to a black man. At McCain's age, (77 this year), he was born into the American culture of white supremacy and felt the candidacy of an African American would be too threatening to the white majority to vote for, even if they did not like him, McCain, a white candidate., therefore, he felt the 2008 election was his, after all, Hillary Clinton was not the Democratic Nominee! Many Americans did not believe the election of a black man to the US presidency was possible.....we were proved wrong. Partially, in response to the awful two-term administration of GWB, AMERICA WAS READY FOR A SEA CHANGE!

McCain lost....(possibly in his mind was the thought)....the ultimate embarrassing loss was to an African American; Alas; what a downfall for this Arizona Senator, after a lifetime of high achievement.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 11:06 am
Given the choice between McCain and Romney, it's a no brainer (two, actually).
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 11:24 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I never found her remotely attractive

Hey, Izzy. Happy Saturday afternoon.

Even though I thoroughly dislike Sarah Palin, being female, I must admit she is, in my opinion, attractive. When younger, she was a beauty queen, and has aged well. Palin's viciousness is enough to turn most decent people off, possibly even against her physical attributes, but what about her physical appearance that you find unappealing?! Just curious, that's all.

You, Izzy, btw, are *one* of my most admired posters on this board, I trust your judgment explicitly.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 11:28 am
@Moment-in-Time,
We "run into" good looking females all the time - until they open their mouths.

I'm sure women find the same thing about men. Mr. Green
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 11:35 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

We "run into" good looking females all the time - until they open their mouths.

I'm sure women find the same thing about men.

LOL! Sure, I understand where you're coming from, Cicerone, but that doesn't address the question asked which is why doesn't Izzy find Palin remotely attractive, putting aside the open-mouth gaffes she's prone to and her BS politics.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 11:41 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
LOL! Sure, I understand where you're coming from, Cicerone, but that doesn't address the question asked which is why doesn't Izzy find Palin remotely attractive, putting aside the open-mouth gaffes she's prone to and her BS politics.

you will not get an answer as with him emotion floods continually shut down his brain. CI has the same problem jsyk.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 11:42 am
@hawkeye10,
Is that why when I challenge your bull ****, you NEVER RESPOND. LOL
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 11:58 am
@cicerone imposter,
though we agree here....there might once have been something to admire about McCain, but it is long gone. Degraded brain function seems to be at least part of the reason, there is no other way to read the Palin pick. he has always had a willingness to be weird and to also take short cuts, but he used to understand and play the risks. Palin was a bad risk and an unnecessary risk.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 12:25 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:

though we agree here....there might once have been something to admire about McCain, but it is long gone. Degraded brain function seems to be at least part of the reason, there is no other way to read the Palin pick. he has always had a willingness to be weird and to also take short cuts, but he used to understand and play the risks. Palin was a bad risk and an unnecessary risk.

I can understand the Palin selection. Hillary Clinton had come very close to winning the nomination which meant there was a vacancy for a female president, although, many insincere older whites wanted *ANYONE* except Obama. The McCain folk wanted to capture the Hillary female vote; hence, the "game change." Their problem lay in not vetting Sarah Palin thoroughly for if they did they would have found out she believed Africa to be a country as opposed to being a continent....They realized half-way through she was lacking in academic basics but thought she could ad lib it. Of course they found out it was too late after Palin's interview with Katie Couric which showed just how empty Palin was and the media got a hold of this and was running with it. The McCain campaign knew by then they could only try and wage a credible campaign and recognized that Obama would most likely be the winner.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 12:40 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
there is solid evidence that people vote the top of the ticket..VP never helps much so taking a chance on an unknown amateur is dumb. the only defense made is "but she was gov of a state" but that dog does not hunt because this is rouge state the size of a city which has long been known to be deeply corrupt.....facts that even a senile McCain should have remembered.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 01:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:

there is solid evidence that people vote the top of the ticket..VP never helps much so taking a chance on an unknown amateur is dumb. the only defense made is "but she was gov of a state" but that dog does not hunt because this is rouge state the size of a city which has long been known to be deeply corrupt.....facts that even a senile McCain should have remembered.

My fellow poster, you are correct in that people, for the most part, vote the top of the ticket, but it's also noticeable that once McCain selected Sarah Palin, his poll tracking numbers picked up with more and more people attending his rallies that had hitherto been quite skeletal. Once Palin was added, attendance to McCain rallies picked up and the Demo candidate, Barack Obama's poll numbers plummeted.

Sarah Palin ENHANCED the ticket for a while until her true personality emerged and plunged McCain's campaign into the dungeon.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 01:21 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
irrelevant...the data indicates that in Nov( the only time that matters) the VP choice at best helps a little, and can hurt a lot if it reflects poorly on the P candidate, as it did here.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 01:24 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
My observations about the 2008 election mirrors yours. You're spot on!
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 01:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

My observations about the 2008 election mirrors yours. You're spot on!

Thank you, Cicerone, I appreciate your support. There was a time inside the McCain campaign when the top spot and the second spot was intertwined. Whenever McCain spoke, fewer people showed up to hear him, but when Palin appeared there were crowds in the thousands, thereby giving the impression the top of the ticket wasn't as important as the second spot. Palin was quick to seize on this, claiming "she was carrying the campaign and if she was then she could do anything she wanted.".....courtesy of the movie:GAMECHANGE.

John McCain is not exactly a charismatic/magnetic type of politician and for the most part he turns people off or at least makes them drowsy, wanting to sleep. Palin changed this for the elderly Republican and he was indebted to her. Unfortunately, Palin was the demon from hell and the wrong choice.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 02:21 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
I never really had the opportunity to admire her physique, her voice and all the crap it was spouting did for me. In order to find her attractive after that she'd have to be a real stunner, and she's not.

0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 02:29 pm
@Moment-in-Time,

Meanwhile, the vetting of Obama never happened.
farmerman

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 02:17 am
@H2O MAN,
Thats cause Obama's not senile like McCain.
Why are you so slow in the head?
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 02:30 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:

I know you admire her ability to walk upright, but just because she's smarter than you doesn't mean she's clever.

ROTFLMFAO! Wow! Izzy, you are cracking me up! Now you see why you are one of my favorite poster!!!!
izzythepush

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 04:23 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Thank you. I think I'm Mr. Soggy's as well.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 07:19 am
@farmerman,

And look what the lack of vetting got us, a democrat president that is vastly inferior to Jimmy Carter.
People that voted for him the second time and apologize for him now are slow in the head.
0 Replies