Are all Republicans Idiots?

giujohn

Mon 5 Sep, 2016 07:41 pm
@nimh,
Hes not gonna put me on ignore...as much as I wish he would...the **** is his whole life.
tony5732

Mon 5 Sep, 2016 08:48 pm
@nimh,
LOL!
RABEL222

Mon 5 Sep, 2016 08:52 pm
@tony5732,

Feed the trolls.
tony5732

Mon 5 Sep, 2016 08:57 pm
@RABEL222,
Smile gladly
0 Replies

nimh

Tue 6 Sep, 2016 05:46 am
@giujohn,
Of course you could just put him on ignore too...
bobsal u1553115

Tue 6 Sep, 2016 06:24 am
@nimh,
The "professional animal psychologist" chimes in. Your "profession" certainly explains your affinity for Barney and TonyRM.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 6 Sep, 2016 06:26 am
@giujohn,
Quote:
the **** is his whole life.

As incomprehensible half sentences are yours.
0 Replies

nimh

Tue 6 Sep, 2016 07:00 am
@bobsal u1553115,
This really confused me for a bit.. lol. God knows how many years ago I put that on my profile. I must have been bored that day. :-)
0 Replies

giujohn

Tue 6 Sep, 2016 08:58 am
@nimh,
No... my personal policy is not to put anyone on ignore or to get involved in that childish thumbing up& down crap.
0 Replies

Angelgz2

Wed 30 Nov, 2016 01:04 pm
@BigEgo,
no, except you.
cicerone imposter

Wed 30 Nov, 2016 01:15 pm
@Angelgz2,
Repubicans are going to work on repealing ACA in January. They don't have anything to replace it with. I hope they succeed, because they're going to have millions of angry people without health insurance.
Whether that' idiotic or not is something we'll find out next month.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/republicans-aim-to-start-obamacare-repeal-in-january-231522

How many people are covered by ACA?
Then throw in the 3.9 million people who have gotten health coverage under Obamacare's Medicaid expansion. Oh and don't forget about the young adults under 26 who are still covered by their parents' health insurance plans thanks to the Affordable Care Act.
Millions of People Have Health Insurance Because of ...
www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2014/01/03/millions-of-people-have-health-insurance

According to Goldman Sachs, over 16 million people at covered under ACA.
Baldimo

Wed 30 Nov, 2016 02:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Repubicans are going to work on repealing ACA in January. They don't have anything to replace it with. I hope they succeed, because they're going to have millions of angry people without health insurance.

The question isn't how many are covered, it's how many are effected. Everyone is effected by the laws of the ACA while only 12 million people are covered directly by either state or federal subsidies plans. The rest are getting free insurance via medicade.

Paul Ryan announced a plan back in June, try to keep up.

Quote:
How many people are covered by ACA?

Effected by the ACA you mean?

Quote:
Then throw in the 3.9 million people who have gotten health coverage under Obamacare's Medicaid expansion.

I listed the numbers above. Don't forget that those #'s include people who had insurance prior to the ACA being enacted but now have plans via the exchanges. Remember "If you like your plan you can keep your plan?" Well those people couldn't keep their plans so they had to get new plans and a lot of them went to the exchanges. Also remember we only have about 13 states with state exchanges, less than 50% of the states.

Quote:
Oh and don't forget about the young adults under 26 who are still covered by their parents' health insurance plans thanks to the Affordable Care Act.

This is one of the good things about the ACA that will be sticking around. Same with the preexisting conditions. These are both good parts of the law that could have been passed and should have been passed as their own laws, not bundled into one of the largest pieces of legislation ever written.

cicerone imposter

Wed 30 Nov, 2016 02:47 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Six years after the Affordable Health Care Act became law, congressional Republicans have voted dozens of times to repeal it in part or full. But they still haven’t unified behind legislation to replace it or to ensure that the 20 million people who’ve gained coverage don’t suddenly find themselves uninsured.

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/11/21/502612264/if-republicans-repeal-obamacare-ryan-has-replacement-blueprint

Quote:
While the Ryan proposal is more detailed than many, it does lack some key information. Most importantly, the size of the subsidies that would be offered is unknown, as is the level of insurance that would be tied to them.
Angelgz2

Wed 30 Nov, 2016 03:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
they're going to have millions of angry people without health insurance.

They certainly will, and those who will be angry, will be angry regardless what's provided to them. Some people just want to take, take and take but never for a second consider what is the real reason for their predicament today. Perhaps bad choices in life? On the flip side, there will be 10 times if not 100 times as many of us honest working class people who will not have to bear the burden of these people's bad choices. What right do they have to tell us that we must pay for their health care? As Obama promised the overall cost will be low, and many believed him in the beginning, but in the end it turned out nothing like what he promised. Costs skyrocketed for the middle class: http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/04/news/economy/obamacare-affordable/

This is not just some news, some story or some bullshit that people made up. My firm employs 25,000 people in my city alone, and the price of insurance has gone up significant since the inception of ACA, to next year's $220 for individual and $337 for a family, where it has been stable, at $80 a month for an individual and $160 for a family for many years before the ACA. Let's not forget now it also has a $5,000 deductible which it didn't have before. It's not just my company -- everywhere is the same. It's a fact: ACA increased healthcare costs for middle class, significantly, and for small business owners it's even worse. My agent has to pay $660 a month for a plan that covers 60% with a $10,000 deductible.

Being idealistic is one thing, but if you care about these people so much, donate your own money and start a non-profit. Don't ask the rest of us to pay for it. We also have to pay for our medical bills, food, gas, and education for our kids. Even upper middle class people aren't really indulging in luxury like you may have imagined. The truly rich that you may despise consist of only 0.25% of the nation's population.
Baldimo

Wed 30 Nov, 2016 03:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Six years after the Affordable Health Care Act became law, congressional Republicans have voted dozens of times to repeal it in part or full. But they still haven’t unified behind legislation to replace it or to ensure that the 20 million people who’ve gained coverage don’t suddenly find themselves uninsured.

That is a far different statement than having nothing, which is what you stated and would be wrong about.

Quote:
While the Ryan proposal is more detailed than many, it does lack some key information. Most importantly, the size of the subsidies that would be offered is unknown, as is the level of insurance that would be tied to them.

It is more of a plan than the Dems had in 2009 or don't you recall "We have to pass it to know what's in it". Wasn't that a peach of a statement.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 30 Nov, 2016 04:16 pm
@Angelgz2,
Thanks for sharing your story about ACA and the growing cost. My wife and I are protected from premium increases, because both of us are under Medicare.
I have always advocated for universal health care, but seeing how many countries with universal health care (many have very high income taxes) are suffering increasing costs and less access, I'm now in a quandary as to how universal health care can work. I think most of the cost increase in from medicines.

https://www.cato.org/publications/policy-analysis/grass-is-not-always-greener-look-national-health-care-systems-around-world
Angelgz2

Thu 1 Dec, 2016 07:32 am
@cicerone imposter,
Less access will always be a problem if government put restrictions on pretty much anything. In economics, it's called a dead weight loss, i.e., a loss as a result of government artificially forcing a good or service to price away from its equilibrium. I guess it's easier to illustrate this with an example, which, I've shared over and over with liberals: You work your butt off trying to ace all your premed courses in college, and having many sleepless nights trying to get a decent score on the MCAT. Mind you the premed courses aren't easy and neither is the MCAT. Then you pay hundreds of thousands of dollars and eight years of hard work to survive medical school. Finally, depending on your specialization, you spend another 3-6 years in residency, earning no more than a recent collage grad (40-70k depending on specialization). Finally, if you did everything right, you get to be a doctor, and open your own practice at the age of 33. You sacrificed your youth and spent countless hours reading and studying whereas your peers are probably partying and dating, but not you, because you are destined to be a doctor who will make over 500k a year, supposedly. Without much "government intervention", I suppose that is true. Doctors can really make more, and perhaps break into that 1% bracket, again depending on specialization. Mind you, the nightmare hasn't ended yet. With probably a six figure debt, you finally opened your clinic only to find out that malpractice insurance costs over 30k a year and medical equipment for your office cost as much as over six figures. And you'll need nurses and office staff that have been battling to earn more -- another expense that's likely over six figures.

So ask yourself this, if that doctor doesn't make 200-300k a year, who will be willing to put themselves through this? Less and less people will want to be doctors and of course you won't have access to care. Idealism is one thing, compassion is one thing, but practicality is what most people will think about when choosing their profession. As I have mentioned before, I'd love to be an astrophysicist or an archaeologist, but I'd be stuck in a lab making $10-15 an hour -- not an ideal job to provide for my family.
cicerone imposter

Thu 1 Dec, 2016 09:01 pm
@Angelgz2,
My younger brother is a doctor, an ophthalmologist. When he graduated med school, he was $8,000 in debt. I went to college and earned a degree in Accounting, and worked in management for 88% of my working career. I also retired early. My brother keeps asking me how I'm able to travel so much, having visited 80 countries. I had no debt when I graduated from college, because I worked to attend college, and my wife sponsored my last year.
My nephew is a Critical Care doctor, and earns $300k in Hawaii. As a matter of fact, my sister and her husband and my wife and I are going to Hawaii in February, and staying at his two bedroom condo in Waikiki for 7 to 10 days. We do this every year.
Angelgz2

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 10:04 am
@cicerone imposter,
Not sure what you are trying to convey here but cost of education is certainly going way up. Again we have the liberals to thank for that since somehow they think our schools need fancy 3D 4K projection screens, state of the art classrooms and top of the line equipment to educate our kids. Teacher's union have also been asking for pay increases way above what they deserve for only a few hours of work per day plus summer and winter vacations. In contrast, kids of Chinese villagers are able to score top 5% on the GRE studying in poor light conditions and classrooms made out of wheat grass.
giujohn

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 10:27 am
@Angelgz2,
He's just blowing his own horn trying to impress you.
0 Replies