Are all Republicans Idiots?

cicerone imposter

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 12:30 pm
@Angelgz2,
I'm not sure where you get your information, but here's the dope on teacher pay, and they're not that great!
http://www.payscale.com/research/US/All_K-12_Teachers/Hourly_Rate
cicerone imposter

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 12:40 pm
@Angelgz2,
Why are you blaming everything on 'liberals?' You have blinders on. Wake up and smell the coffee, and learn about how our government works. Each one of us are partners in the process. I vote in every election; sometimes I win and sometimes I lose.

There is an on-going gap in wages for workers while the CEOs and Officers continue to get higher salaries and benefits. Many are complaining that their wages are not keeping up with inflation, and more middle class are falling into poverty.

There's a huge problem in this country when workers are unable to buy the
very thing they produce. That problem seems to be increasing.

http://www.npr.org/2016/05/05/476844374/what-wage-stagnation-looks-like-for-many-americans
Angelgz2

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 01:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You are forgetting university professors, and community college professors.
50-120k for teaching a class with no research responsibilities plus summer and winter vacations sounds a pretty good pay to me. They got TAs to grade essays and use Scranton for tests. These guys pretty much don't do anything and wants everything. Then they preach liberal ideas in class that somehow it's all the riches' fault.

University tenures sometimes earn upward 200k, but yeah, those guys are okay. They don't whine as much since they mostly devote to their research. But in either case the government is spending way to much money on the education sector.
Baldimo

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 01:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It is reporting the median income and without compensation, since it is the median, it means there are those who earn more and those who earn less. Using the median puts it directly in the middle of the pay rate for that job. They also don't report if this is averaged over 12 months or 9 months. What would the total compensation package be for a teacher? The Teacher Unions like to hid the truth.
0 Replies

Angelgz2

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 01:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You know who first proposed this idea that workers are unable to buy the
very thing they produce? Karl Marx.

How did that work out for the nations that tries to correct it? Well you decide.

I just gave you one reason why middle class are falling into poverty -- ACA. In addition, welfare and higher minimum wage will all contribute to middle class becoming poorer. Even your article says that: RISING COSTS. That's your key word here. Think about it, if that guy makes your daily essentials makes $15, how much would your toilet paper cost? Your bread and pretty everything else you depend on? Some people argues that would increase your "middle class wage" for the reason that minimum wage has gone up, is absolutely absurd. It's supply and demand once government is taken out of the equation.

CEOs and Officers are getting higher salaries because of supply and demand and there aren't that many out there. There's only one CEO of JPM and how many of those large conglomerate are there? You take every penny they make isn't going to help the middle class become any better.

Another key word here: production/nonsupervisory workers. What do you expect? Unskilled worker are easily replaceable, just like you aren't going to pay $5 more for the same toilet paper. Total Productivity did go up, because total factor of productivity, i.e. technology has increased. You need to study some economics my friend. Take CFA level 1, you'll see what I mean. I blame everything on liberals because there are only two kinds of them: 1. ignorant of the laws of economics. 2. hypocrites who preys on other's ignorance for power and status. Jill Stein falls in the 2nd category.
maporsche

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 03:47 pm
@Angelgz2,
Angelgz2 wrote:

You are forgetting university professors, and community college professors.
50-120k for teaching a class with no research responsibilities plus summer and winter vacations sounds a pretty good pay to me. They got TAs to grade essays and use Scranton for tests. These guys pretty much don't do anything and wants everything. Then they preach liberal ideas in class that somehow it's all the riches' fault.

University tenures sometimes earn upward 200k, but yeah, those guys are okay. They don't whine as much since they mostly devote to their research. But in either case the government is spending way to much money on the education sector.

How much should teachers get paid?
Baldimo

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 04:06 pm
@maporsche,
How much should anyone get paid? It should be based on market value and what it is willing to pay. You want the best teachers, offer the best money. Teachers unions interfere with this by not allowing good teachers to earn more, it keeps their wages low.
maporsche

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 04:31 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

How much should anyone get paid? It should be based on market value and what it is willing to pay. You want the best teachers, offer the best money. Teachers unions interfere with this by not allowing good teachers to earn more, it keeps their wages low.

Are there a lot of teachers unions in community colleges?
cicerone imposter

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 04:33 pm
@Baldimo,
A good example of market based salaries are experienced here in Silicon Valley. Anyone with the right skills can start with a salary of $135,000. But, there's a catch. The cost of housing here is so bad, even those earning $135,000 have difficulty to own a home. We see many apartment buildings under construction in the north side of our city.

Some even start at $250,000.
https://www.cnet.com/news/silicon-valley-talent-wars-engineers-come-get-your-250k-salary/
Debra Law

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 04:37 pm
@Angelgz2,
Angelgz2 wrote:

You know who first proposed this idea that workers are unable to buy the
very thing they produce? Karl Marx.

How did that work out for the nations that tries to correct it? Well you decide.

I just gave you one reason why middle class are falling into poverty -- ACA. In addition, welfare and higher minimum wage will all contribute to middle class becoming poorer. Even your article says that: RISING COSTS. That's your key word here. Think about it, if that guy makes your daily essentials makes $15, how much would your toilet paper cost? Your bread and pretty everything else you depend on? Some people argues that would increase your "middle class wage" for the reason that minimum wage has gone up, is absolutely absurd. It's supply and demand once government is taken out of the equation.

CEOs and Officers are getting higher salaries because of supply and demand and there aren't that many out there. There's only one CEO of JPM and how many of those large conglomerate are there? You take every penny they make isn't going to help the middle class become any better.

Another key word here: production/nonsupervisory workers. What do you expect? Unskilled worker are easily replaceable, just like you aren't going to pay $5 more for the same toilet paper. Total Productivity did go up, because total factor of productivity, i.e. technology has increased. You need to study some economics my friend. Take CFA level 1, you'll see what I mean. I blame everything on liberals because there are only two kinds of them: 1. ignorant of the laws of economics. 2. hypocrites who preys on other's ignorance for power and status. Jill Stein falls in the 2nd category.

Angel: You're a drinker of the Kool-Aid or you're a dispenser of the Kool-Aid or both.

If you're in the drinker category, then this famous quote comes to mind: "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

If you know better but are still in the dispenser category, then you're a minion in the proverbial devil's army. In other words, your chosen name is false. You're not in league with any angels: quite the opposite. You're engaged in the Orwellian strategy and divide and conquer techniques used by those in power to retain their power.
cicerone imposter

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 04:39 pm
@Debra Law,
Thank you, Debra. I just put Angel on IGNORE.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 04:42 pm
@maporsche,
Since when do community colleges count as belonging to school districts?
maporsche

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 04:53 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Since when do community colleges count as belonging to school districts?

Maybe you didn't read the post that I was responding too. I suppose that happens from time to time when people stick their nose somewhere.
Baldimo

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 05:04 pm
@maporsche,
You mentioned teachers.
Baldimo

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 05:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It's the way it should work with all jobs. Hell even a fast food job will hire you for more with experience than someone who doesn't. It's a proven method of getting the best and keeping the best for the job they are hired for.
cicerone imposter

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 06:41 pm
@Baldimo,
People working at fast food restaurants are hard pressed to live with any comforts in this area. That's $28k gross pay, and after taxes, they're lucky to take home $25k. Most apartments in this area cost about $3000/month. The math just doesn't work out even if you starve yourself.

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-d2aae610baa1330ebfe8fce27f84953d?convert_to_webp=true

Just did a quick search and found that rents in our area is dropping. Good news for people looking for rentals. Maybe all the new construction projects are seeing a lower occupancy rates.
giujohn

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 07:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
How does one starve working at a fast food restaurant?
0 Replies

tony5732

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 09:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Fast food restaurant have flexible hours, no drug tests, no education or experience required, no background check required. Perfect for high schoolers or ex convicts, or as a side gig like I used it for.

Fast food restaurants take in people who are worth a dime a dozen in the labor market and can't get a job anywhere else because they fail to apply themselves.
0 Replies

maporsche

Fri 2 Dec, 2016 10:52 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

You mentioned teachers.

I can't tell if you're joking
0 Replies

Angelgz2

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 03:31 pm
@Debra Law,
Quote:
If you know better but are still in the dispenser category, then you're a minion in the proverbial devil's army. In other words, your chosen name is false. You're not in league with any angels: quite the opposite. You're engaged in the Orwellian strategy and divide and conquer techniques used by those in power to retain their power.

See that's the thing I have against liberals. You insinuated that I am stupid, and you insinuated that I somehow want an Orwellian society. However, you provided no argument against my views, or why it is wrong. Just by saying "won't argue with stupid people" doesn't make you right. Doesn't make you appear smarter, and "putting him on ignore" isn't going to prove me wrong either.

At least liberals from when I was in college would at least be willing to see the point of view from others and offer a solution to an apparent contradiction. Liberals today will only do exactly what you did: Offer no counter argument, taking other's view point to the extreme, and have no respect for other people's opinions. THAT IS WHY THIS COUNTRY IS SO DIVISIVE TODAY. Liberals and conservatives can't work together, can't have a reasonable debate, and it's all just name calling and eventually lead to one party ignoring the other. EXACTLY WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH THE ILLINOIS GOVERNMENT with this long budget standoff. Honestly I don't give a **** what passes -- anything beats NOT HAVING A BUDGET.

Why must the person own what he produces? So if I am on the assembly line of a Lamborghini, then I must earn a wage to afford it? If that's not Marxism, what is? What I said is NOTHING Orwellian.