Amanda Berry's desperate 911 call to police

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 06:28 pm
@chai2,
I am reading reports of "Murder", at present from Aussie Land. The girls have spoken about being pregnant and this vile man if you can call him that, aborting the children but in a brutal way.. As a woman I would hate to think how.

I have also read, where they suspect or know that there was a girl before them, then she vanished. That there was writing on one of the rooms (as they were all confined in the basement seperately) and I am with who ever said "sound proof" Chai? That would be the only logical reason no one heard a thing... The writing said RIP.

I can't imagine what these girls went through... But I am reading, and from what they are gleeming, they want the Death Penalty.

If the daughter "claims" she never knew including her best friend was held downstairs, it's possible the brothers don't but IDK... How can a secret like that be kept. Let alone, each time he went down to the basement in all of those years, no one wondered where he was, went, saw, mm....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 06:45 pm
@chai2,
Don't make assumptions of what any of us posting here have experienced.
chai2

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 06:52 pm
@ossobuco,
I didn't.

That poster was addressing me, and I him.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 06:57 pm
@chai2,
I know you didn't. I took him as making assumptions.

Sorry, I didn't mean to say that to you.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 12 May, 2013 04:30 pm
I am anxious to know what happened to these poor girls, but I know it will take time before they are ready to talk about it, if ever and I wish that the media would just back off and let them breath instead of chasing them for their story. I can't even imagine what these girls have been through the past 10 years, but I know I wouldn't be chasing the world to tell them all about it once I was finally free. That will take some kind of years to recover from, if they ever can... My heart is with them!
ossobuco

Reply Sun 12 May, 2013 04:58 pm
@Montana,
Yes, with that.
Not to distinguish who to feel worst for, I cringe for Michele. She does seem to still have spunkiness, but yikes.

I've no idea re the jurisprudence on all this, and am interested in family denial or non intervention (not saying that with blame, lots of families back away or don't know stuff).

More than that, lots of people deal with violence at home (speaking now of the wider family) as the way it is. It sounds to me like Michele Knight's family was in a mess of despair.

Also, apparent from my reading, various clues over time, including to the police (I think) seem like no one in place was paying attention.

0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 12 May, 2013 06:27 pm
The woman in Austria, who's father kept her and her children hostage, had a TV. There's no reason to think Amanda Berry and the other women were kept in complete isolation from the outside world.
They interview a fellow musician the other day that said he'd never seen so many locks in a house before. Everyone thought he was odd and many knew the depravity he could stoop too, but even in their wildest dreams they probably never thought this was possible.
I don't think the brothers lived in the house. I've seen different addresses for them all. If the brother was that violent with his kids and wife, and the three, possibly four captives, it's easy to believe he dominated his brothers as well.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 12 May, 2013 07:45 pm
Just a short time ago I watched an interview with the two brothers and they say if they had any clue what was happening, they would have turned him in instantly. They are disgusted with him and want nothing to do with him ever again. They are trying to clear their names because they are being harassed due to their pictures all over the media as previous suspects.
roger

Reply Sun 12 May, 2013 08:05 pm
@Montana,
Let's wait and see how it developes. There could be more than one reason they want to distance themselves from the whole thing.
Montana

Reply Sun 12 May, 2013 08:30 pm
@roger,
That's true, but I assume they were quickly eliminated from being suspects because the girls said they were not involved. If the girls never saw either of the other brothers, chances are they didn't know, along with his daughters.
roger

Reply Sun 12 May, 2013 09:34 pm
@Montana,
Could be. They were certainly looked at.
Montana

Reply Sun 12 May, 2013 09:38 pm
@roger,
They certainly were. I believe the girls must have insisted he acted alone for them to be released so quickly and removed from the suspect list.
Ceili

Reply Sun 12 May, 2013 10:08 pm
@Montana,
I didn't mean to say they were involved, but if they lived in the house or visited and he told them not to snoop, they probably didn't for fear of a beating or something. He sound like a bully, through and through.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 12 May, 2013 10:28 pm
@Montana,
Montana wrote:

They certainly were. I believe the girls must have insisted he acted alone for them to be released so quickly and removed from the suspect list.

I suppose that "arrest them now and investigate later" is better than "kill them all and let God sort them out"....but it is a fucked up way to run law.
Montana

Reply Sun 12 May, 2013 10:33 pm
@Ceili,
Oh, I totally wasn't implying that you meant anything. I was just talking about my thoughts on this case in general Smile
Montana

Reply Sun 12 May, 2013 10:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
I have been seeing a lot of fucked up ways the law has been going and it doesn't sit right with me one bit. Looks to me like our rights and freedoms are being mutilated left, right and all over the place. Personally, it makes me feel very uneasy!
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 12 May, 2013 10:44 pm
@Montana,
Quote:
Personally, it makes me feel very uneasy!

it should...the government targets and the government uses the "law" to get.

nice to see you back here btw....
Ceili

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 12:01 am
@Montana,
No worries, I reread what I wrote and it could be definitely be read as I believed the brothers might be involved. Just trying to clarify...
Montana

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 09:14 am
@hawkeye10,
Agreed!

Thanks and it's really nice seeing you all again as we'll Smile
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 13 May, 2013 09:15 am
@Ceili,
Got ya Smile
0 Replies