Amanda Berry's desperate 911 call to police

rosborne979

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 11:57 am
@smithy988,
It's so nice to see good new in the news.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 12:01 pm
@hawkeye10,
Really, hawkeye?

I don't think these guys have even been charged yet. They haven't even done big interviews with the women involved yet because they wanted to give them time to get back with their familys.

I think we've learned to wait for answers and I think the police are doing a much better job at keeping investigations close to the vest these days despite the media going bananas.

I know the whole story will come out and I really, really doubt it's going to be "Yes, please, mister, lock me up in your house for 10 years".
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 12:07 pm
@boomerang,
I have not noticed any recent willingness of the authorities to keep quiet.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 01:04 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
We shall see eventually what these women have been up to.

This sentence shows just how fucked up you really are.
chai2

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 04:44 pm
@izzythepush,
Those little dickens. Let's just see what they've gotten themselves up to. The other two probably didn't leave the house with the first one because they were just having too darn much fun. More than likely we'll find out there were calling out to Amanda "shh...shh....stop, come back. Everyone will find out, and then we'll have to share"
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 06:10 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Those little dickens. Let's just see what they've gotten themselves up to. The other two probably didn't leave the house with the first one because they were just having too darn much fun. More than likely we'll find out there were calling out to Amanda "shh...shh....stop, come back. Everyone will find out, and then we'll have to share"

hard to say but they were not tied up, there are zero reports of subterranean dungeons, and there are no bars on the windows.

in fresh news police now admit that they have zero evidence on two of the jailed men. who throws citizens in the clink with zero evidence?

need to know: how does one man manage to keep 4 people captives for years in an apparently normal house with close neighbors.....as he works full time?
chai2

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 06:17 pm
@hawkeye10,
You're jerking off to all this, aren't you?
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 06:24 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

You're jerking off to all this, aren't you?

events like this which show how consumed we are with victim culture alarms me.....as does the passive audience sucking up with out questioning state sponsored media tales which have holes big enough to drive a bus through. did we learn nothing from the selling of the invasion of Iraq??
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 06:26 pm
@chai2,
Chai: It's interesting how Berry had obviously come to feel her captors powers reached beyond where, to us in our safety, realize they had no power anymore.
While in someone elses home, with her and her child escaped, she was still saying "hurry up, before he comes back" The jig was up. Even if he did come back, find her gone, even with the 2 other women still inside, the game was over. Yet she must have thought he could come into someone elses home, in front of other people, with 911 on the phone and the police on their way, and take her back.

Olivier: unfortunately, she coud well remain scared of him for a long , long time. She also may have reasons not to trust the police, as they came twice already before and did nothing.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 06:34 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
While in someone elses home, with her and her child escaped, she was still saying "hurry up, before he comes back" The jig was up. Even if he did come back, find her gone, even with the 2 other women still inside, the game was over. Yet she must have thought he could come into someone elses home, in front of other people, with 911 on the phone and the police on their way, and take her back
on a related note apparently three grown women over many years could not find a way to overcome one man...who was often gone, or normal windows,.....or in the "rescue" one very flimsy aluminum screen door.

so far this is unfolding more as a farce than a tragedy.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 06:37 pm
@Olivier5,
All three women will undoubtedly fear many things for a long time, some things for the rest of their lives.

Considering the circumstances, I could see where none of them were ever aware police were coming by the house. How would they know who was knocking on the door, or if they even heard it?
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 06:50 pm
@chai2,
http://static.independent.ie/incoming/article29249271.ece/ALTERNATES/w620/ohio.jpg
this is the alleged jail.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 06:58 pm
I haven't been able to read this until now.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 07:18 pm
@chai2,
Castro could have told them, eg boasting that the police was on his side. But it's all conjectures at this point.
chai2

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 07:29 pm
@Olivier5,
Yes, that certainly is conjecture Oliver. But you're right, many things about this are right now.

One thing I found interesting was the fact when she called 911 she immediately said "This is Amanda Berry" (then something about her being in the news all the time, or for the past 10 years or something)

I do find that really off.
Like she had all this access to the media to know her story had been told often over time.

Me? Going into survival mode, I'm not sure I'd ever give a lot of faith in anything my captor said, as far as "The police are on my side" I'd be thinking he'd be saying anything to break me down.

Honestly, that sounds pretty lame (not saying you are Oliver), thinking to tell someone the police are on my side, as if they know of and approve.

I don't have any reason at this time to even think she mistrusted the police.

Why do you specifically think that Oliver?

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 07:33 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Castro could have told them, eg boasting that the police was on his side. But it's all conjectures at this point.

if that states story is true then this man must be a master brain washer. the trouble with this theory is that Berry and DeJesus are already home which would not have happened if they needed extensive reprogramming like Jaycee Dugard did. as I recall Dugard was not allowed home but for brief visits for months as her brain was re-scrambled.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 07:40 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
One thing I found interesting was the fact when she called 911 she immediately said "This is Amanda Berry" (then something about her being in the news all the time, or for the past 10 years or something)

I do find that really off.

reports are that her name had not really been in the media for years...almost no one remembered her name except for those in the neighborhood, which indicates to me that she was not as isolated as the states story has it. she was tuned into the neighborhood at the end. it makes no sense for her alleged jailer to keep her up to date...unless she was there on her own will, hiding. she assumed that the 911 operator would know who she is because all she knows is the neighborhood and they all know who she is.
chai2

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 07:43 pm
@hawkeye10,
Well, you've cracked this case. Time for you to move on to another thread to solve.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 07:45 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Well, you've cracked this case. Time for you to move on to another thread to solve.

all I know is that something is seriously wrong with the victim tale we are being told...
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 08:06 pm
@chai2,
Chia: One thing I found interesting was the fact when she called 911 she immediately said "This is Amanda Berry" (then something about her being in the news all the time, or for the past 10 years or something)

O: strikes me as odd too. Like they kept their hopes up by thinking they were still being searched, and on the news... Such an unrealistic thought... It gives her 911 call an almost tragic dimension, I found, because of course, everybody including the 911 responder had forgotten all about her...

Chai: Honestly, that sounds pretty lame (not saying you are Oliver), thinking to tell someone the police are on my side, as if they know of and approve.

I don't have any reason at this time to even think she mistrusted the police.

Why do you specifically think that Oliver?

O: in my view you assume too much about how you would react in her situation. They were kids when they got into it. Kids are easily manipulated into believing whatever. You and I (at that young age) included.

The police came twice already and did nothing, even when getting reports of women on leaches... They could have followed it up a bit better, don't you think?

I think the idea the victims knew the police came is reasonable, because it's a small house. One of them at least would have heard, and told the others. So at the least, Berry could have had good reasons to distrust police EFFECTIVENESS, if not probity.