hingehead

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 03:18 pm
@Baldimo,
Yes I'm very grateful for it.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOKWcH1zBl2kfnCwyyZWk5MW28lgaNa7L
Baldimo

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 03:27 pm
@hingehead,
I'm not surprised you skipped over a story where gun control laws lead to a women's death. She did everything right and waited like you anti-gunners wanted her to. Now she's dead.
hingehead

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 05:21 pm
@Baldimo,
You give me one story that you blame on gun control (a stretch that tells me just how desparate you are to forego logic to support your desire to have a gun) and I give you:

http://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/articles/OnoGlassesPicture.jpeg

Just admit you don't give a **** about anything above your desire to have guns.
mysteryman

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 07:36 am
@hingehead,
Assuming that number is correct, the number of people killed in auto accidents is higher.
Would you outlaw or otherwise ban auto's?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 07:58 am
@mysteryman,
Would that be the only choices?

Either you allow autos to be used without reasonable restrictions as to who can use them and how they can use them...or ban them?

Isn't there some room in between?
Baldimo

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 10:38 am
@Frank Apisa,
Why not, that seems to be the only choices given by the anti-gunners. Gun control laws are already pretty strict in places like Chicago and yet the mayor says they need more gun control. The only other option left in Chicago is a total ban on guns. Stricter control hasn't stemmed the tide of violence.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 06:58 am
@mysteryman,
Expwct better of you MM. Need a licence to drive car and there's plenty of regulation around soeed, parking and seat belts
Baldimo

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 09:39 am
@hingehead,
There are also plenty of restrictions on guns and gun ownership. What is missing that you think needs to be added?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 09:45 am
@mysteryman,
We require every auto to have a license that is renewed every year and is visibly displayed. We require every driver to have a license. We require every driver to have insurance in case of an accident.

How about we apply the same restrictions to guns? Every gun has to be licensed and that license is renewed every year. Every gun user is required to have license that is renewed every 5 years. Every gun owner is required to have insurance and provide proof of insurance when asked.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 09:49 am
@parados,
So your plan is to place the price of gun ownership out of the range of the average citizen? Kill the 2nd amendment with cost overload?

What other rights are going to be priced and restricted to only those who can afford? It's a right where driving is a privilege.
oralloy

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 09:59 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:
You give me one story that you blame on gun control (a stretch that tells me just how desparate you are to forego logic to support your desire to have a gun) and I give you:

http://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/articles/OnoGlassesPicture.jpeg

Just admit you don't give a **** about anything above your desire to have guns.

What is it about you freedom haters that drives you to spout gibberish at us free people?

We aren't going to give up our freedom, and no amount of your silly illogic (or false accusations that we share your lack of logic) is going to change that.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 10:00 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:
Expwct better of you MM. Need a licence to drive car and there's plenty of regulation around soeed, parking and seat belts

Such regulations only apply to driving on public roads.

Most states already provide stricter regulations for concealed weapons permits than they do for cars driven on public roads.

And given the absence of regulations for cars not driven on public roads, there are already comparatively stronger regulations for guns not carried around in public.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 10:03 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
We require every auto to have a license that is renewed every year and is visibly displayed.

Only for cars that will be driven on public roads.

parados wrote:
We require every driver to have a license.

Only for driving on public roads.

parados wrote:
We require every driver to have insurance in case of an accident.

Only if they are driving on public roads.

parados wrote:
How about we apply the same restrictions to guns? Every gun has to be licensed and that license is renewed every year. Every gun user is required to have license that is renewed every 5 years. Every gun owner is required to have insurance and provide proof of insurance when asked.

For guns that are carried around in public?

Sure. In some places (many large cities for example) that will make concealed carry permits much easier to get.

But let's not forget to also remove all restrictions for any gun which is not destined for concealed carry -- just as there are no regulations on any car that is not destined to be driven on public roads.
parados

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 10:04 am
@Baldimo,
Voting is also a right but it seems restrictions are OK there.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 10:13 am
@oralloy,
There are so many private roads in this country, how could I not see that.

What percentage of people ONLY use their gun on their own property and never take it anywhere else? Probably about the same as the number of people that ONLY use their car on their own property.
oralloy

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 10:13 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
And although none of the gun control nut cases want to take this into consideration...EVERY PERSON who was shot dead on purpose or by accident in America...

...was someone who was going to die at some point anyway.

Jeez!

Close. The argument is that roughly the same number of people would still die an early death due to murder/manslaughter even if we did not have guns in our society.

In other words, taking away guns does not prevent murder. It only changes the method by which the murders occur.

Likely though that different people would be murdered even though the numbers would remain similar.
parados

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 10:16 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Close. The argument is that roughly the same number of people would still die an early death due to murder/manslaughter even if we did not have guns in our society.

The argument is completely bogus. How many people could James Holmes have killed if he carried a knife into the movie theater in Aurora? I would guess the answer would be at most 2 which is not roughly the same as the 12 he did kill.
oralloy

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 10:31 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
There are so many private roads in this country, how could I not see that.

Those strip mine dump trucks that are larger than a house tend to operate only on private property.

Professional race cars are usually driven only on private property.

Many hugely-expensive antique cars are never driven on public roads.

There are also people who drive off road vehicles for fun. Dune buggies for instance.

parados wrote:
What percentage of people ONLY use their gun on their own property and never take it anywhere else? Probably about the same as the number of people that ONLY use their car on their own property.

Depends on the gun. If it is intended for defense of home or business it will probably not be carried around in public.

A lot of hunting is done on private property.

If a gun is just intended for target practice or shooting tin cans for fun it will probably only be used on private property (either someone's back yard or at a target range).

What's this gun (singular)? I'm envisioning people owning a wide selection of guns, some of which stay on private property and some of which get carried around in public.
oralloy

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 10:40 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:

The argument is completely bogus. How many people could James Holmes have killed if he carried a knife into the movie theater in Aurora? I would guess the answer would be at most 2 which is not roughly the same as the 12 he did kill.

People who kill large numbers of victims are such a minority that they do not produce a noticeable impact on homicide rates. If they were truly prevented from killing lots of people, the number of murder victims in the nation would remain about the same.

However, if these guys were prevented from getting guns, they could just make pipe bombs instead, and perhaps kill even more people.
parados

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2015 10:56 am
@oralloy,
So many AUTOs that I didn't realize were AUTOs like strip mine dump trucks and dune buggies. Drunk

0 Replies