0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 06:50 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Magpul's Microbus with Minigun:

http://ttag.zippykidcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Magpul2.jpg

On display at Houston last weekend...

I saw pictures of this when it was at SHOT back in January, pretty cool.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 05:13 pm
The Ancient Greeks can teach us a lot about weapons and the philosophy of peaceful societies. I do not say the Greeks at all times adopted and adhered to these philosophies but they did come to some very moral conclusions about life.

The Greeks were no more Christian than other pagan societies of the day. There are Greek heroes and many fierce Greek military battles also. The Greeks are perhaps the greatest pillar of ancient society and this is not because of their military battles. It is because of their great learning though perception and reason.

The Greeks understood that there were two types of societies or mindsets.

One type was athletic and the other militaristic.

The question is which type of society do the gods prefer?

It seems evident that the Greek gods prefer the sports arena over the battlefield. The Greek gods were not as barbaric but seemingly more civilized than their contemporaries. I know that people can argue with that point but look how great the Ancient Greek civilization really was. They had a liberal society and were the most scholarly and they were not from an Abrahamic faith. The religion of the Greeks did not have dictates saying go out and conquer, they had dictates that said go out and win...

This mindset dictates that life is a competition not a war and the battlefield is an arena of the mind not a literal battle field. The Greeks were exhorted to be sports oriented and compete, not fight. This is not an idea that is a few hundred years old, it is thousands of years old. This idea is what was key to what civilization is all about. Implements of war were exchanged for the javelin, the discus and the pole vault. Swords were turned into golden trophies. This is what civilization is. Purple hearts turn into blue ribbons and guns melted down and turned into awards... Guns become instruments (guitars), and skills rather than a focus on ending someone's life.

Christians try and say that Christianity and the Abrahamic religions civilized the world. But with all of the jihads and holy crusades I say they corrupted the world. These biblical religions obliterated the truth of peace on earth and replaced it with a nightmare of terror and war.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 08:39 pm
Guns are instruments that require a high level of skills to compete at a professional level. Hitting inanimate reactive targets in a certain fashion is satisfying to the shooter and quite entertaining to the viewer/fan. Running a string of steel plates has a certain ring to it, throw in a gong and a professional target shooter can make sweet music.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 10:48 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Guns are instruments that require a high level of skills to compete at a professional level. Hitting inanimate reactive targets in a certain fashion is satisfying to the shooter and quite entertaining to the viewer/fan. Running a string of steel plates has a certain ring to it, throw in a gong and a professional target shooter can make sweet music.
Yes. I love to see children demonstrate their competitive skills successfully
in marksmanship contests, like that 13 year old Arizona boy
with his .45 caliber revolvers.

David
RexRed

Reply Sat 11 May, 2013 10:58 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I would agree wholeheartedly, sharpshooting is a skill just like fencing and that sharpshooting skill is highly regulated and scrutinized. Not like leaving a loaded gun on the living room table so a 3 year old and shoot their sibling.

Blowing bubbles with chewing gum is also a skill but is it really an art form?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 12 May, 2013 11:12 am
Australia also has a gun ban.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/182788_10151430549326275_220980170_n.jpg
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 01:00 pm
YAY Gov. O'Malley and Maryland!!! VERY PROUD OF YOU!
Governor Martin O'Malley Signs Gun Control Bill
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Governor-Martin-OMalley-to-sign-gun-control-legislation--207695891.html
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 01:16 pm
@RexRed,

Maryland has been a police state for more than a decade, intelligent life escaped that cesspool of liberals years ago.
RexRed

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 03:06 pm
@H2O MAN,
So your definition of a non police state is mental patients running around with machine guns?
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 03:08 pm
@RexRed,
Laughing

Reality continues to elude you.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 20 May, 2013 01:11 am
Brother of Ted Nugent Comes Out in Favor of Background Checks: ‘The NRA Has it Wrong’
http://deadstate.org/brother-of-ted-nugent-comes-out-in-favor-of-background-checks-the-nra-has-it-wrong/
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 20 May, 2013 04:14 pm
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/970811_591415770892844_243757943_n.jpg
RexRed

Reply Tue 21 May, 2013 10:11 pm
Gun lobbyist Larry Pratt: They will take our guns if they pass immigration reform
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/21/gun-lobbyist-larry-pratt-they-will-take-our-guns-if-they-pass-immigration-reform/

A comment written by a Facebook member: "If I brush my teeth tonight, they'll take our guns."
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 21 May, 2013 10:26 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
So your definition of a non police state is mental patients running around with machine guns?
If thay r dangerously insane,
then thay shud be ISOLATED,
preferably not on the North American Continent.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 21 May, 2013 10:29 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/970811_591415770892844_243757943_n.jpg
As I remember, Kellerman was discredited long ago,
but even if he had been accurate,
the Founders of this Republic put possession of guns BEYOND the reach of any jurisdiction
of any government.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 21 May, 2013 10:34 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

YAY Gov. O'Malley and Maryland!!! VERY PROUD OF YOU!
Governor Martin O'Malley Signs Gun Control Bill
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Governor-Martin-OMalley-to-sign-gun-control-legislation--207695891.html
O'Malley RAPES US Constitution! Rex Red cheers!
RexRed

Reply Tue 21 May, 2013 10:57 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I don't think protecting the citizenry's right to "live" while they pursue happiness is "raping the constitution".

Are you saying you would rather have mental patients running around indiscriminately killing people at will? Does that not jeopardize those law abiding citizens who own guns for the legitimate reasons? As the say one bad apple spoils the whole bunch. Don't you think stopping crazies from owning guns strengthens the militia, not weakens it.

Just like Monsanto that would sell dangerous foods just to make a buck, the gun companies should not be permitted put profits above public safety.
0 Replies