Guns And The Laws That Govern Them

RexRed

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2015 02:26 pm
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10885397_1001890559838509_5291734994887974518_n.jpg?oh=0e299a575dd0c1b6051af1f0b405b5c5&oe=552BCAF2&__gda__=1429729688_f3a49ded3def7092a011a533926993f2
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2015 03:10 pm
House Republicans Pass Bill That Would Take Away Health Insurance From 1 Million Workers
http://www.politicususa.com/2015/01/08/house-republicans-pass-bill-health-insurance-1-million-workers.html
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 11:00 am
Liam Neeson Says America Has 'Too Many F**king Guns'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/14/liam-neeson-america-guns_n_6472266.html?ir=Politics&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000013

He is right! Thanks Liam for your honesty!
Baldimo

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 11:38 am
@RexRed,
Says the hypocrite who makes millions off of movies with guns in them.
hingehead

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 01:53 pm
@Baldimo,
Yeah. And anyone who starred in a war movie is a hypocrite if they speak out against war. And if you played a murderer, then you have no right to say killing someone is bad. And that dude from Breaking Bad can never speak out against drugs. And Johnny Depp is pro piracy.

Awesome line of reasoning.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 02:36 pm
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

Yeah. And anyone who starred in a war movie is a hypocrite if they speak out against war. And if you played a murderer, then you have no right to say killing someone is bad. And that dude from Breaking Bad can never speak out against drugs. And Johnny Depp is pro piracy.

Awesome line of reasoning.

Bingo!
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 02:51 pm
@hingehead,
False. It's one thing to speak out against something we can all agree on, but when you want to attack the Constitutional rights of Americans because you don't like guns, that makes you a hypocrite.

It's not my fault you guys can't see the difference, but then again I wouldn't expect people who hate guns and want to disarm the US population to see that difference.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 02:56 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

False. It's one thing to speak out against something we can all agree on, but when you want to attack the Constitutional rights of Americans because you don't like guns, that makes you a hypocrite.

Oh...so we all should only speak out on things that we can all agree on????

Have you been drinking?

We do not agree on this...so why are you speaking out. Or are you just being a hypocrite?

Quote:
It's not my fault you guys can't see the difference, but then again I wouldn't expect people who hate guns and want to disarm the US population to see that difference.

Try a bit less hyperbole, Baldimo...if you know how.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 03:03 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

The King of hyperbole you are. Tell me again who is the most dangerous group in the US? You claim it's the Conservatives, am I wrong. Hyperbole indeed.
hingehead

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 04:06 pm
@Baldimo,
False.

Quote:
It's one thing to speak out against something we can all agree on

There is nothing we all agree on.

False.
Neeson never said change the constitution - he said there are too many guns in the USA. These are not intimately entwined - believe it or not.

And besides count the amendments to the constitution. It wasn't bought down from Sinai on stone tablets.

And completely false:

Quote:
when you want to attack the Constitutional rights of Americans because you don't like guns, that makes you a hypocrite.

This would actually make you completely consistent.

English not your first language? Thinking not your strong suite is it? - you're just reacting emotionally because you love your guns.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 05:14 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Quote:

The King of hyperbole you are. Tell me again who is the most dangerous group in the US? You claim it's the Conservatives, am I wrong. Hyperbole indeed.

Actually, I think it is the most disgusting group in America.

It is what I think...and that may well be hyperbole.

I'll try thinking it is not...but I can't make any promises.

0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2015 01:35 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Says the hypocrite who makes millions off of movies with guns in them.

Liam played batman's nemesis in a movie so he has no right to speak out against the slaughter of birds?

Like mommy used to say, "Movies are not real", but crackpots running around with unregistered guns on the streets, ummm, they are real...

Please learn to separate your facts from fiction.

http://a1.img.talkingpointsmemo.com/image/upload/c_fill,fl_keep_iptc,g_faces,h_365,w_652/sapbuboficxn44g0scgv.jpg
Baldimo

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2015 02:33 pm
@RexRed,
The only fiction portrayed here is your thoughts and beliefs on guns. If you had even the smallest understanding of guns, I would be surprised. But you don't have the slightest understanding about guns and proper gun culture so you put forth this fiction about guns.

RexRed

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2015 05:14 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

The only fiction portrayed here is your thoughts and beliefs on guns. If you had even the smallest understanding of guns, I would be surprised. But you don't have the slightest understanding about guns and proper gun culture so you put forth this fiction about guns.

I understand that a militia requires stringent regulation which seems to be too lofty an idea for you to comprehend... So who is it again with the fiction about guns?

http://www.jewlicious.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/hillbillies-with-guns.jpg

Is this the gun "culture" you speak of?
Baldimo

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2015 05:19 pm
@RexRed,
What does a militia have to do with gun ownership?

Go play your stupid pic game with CJ and Bob. We can all find pic's to fit out views.
hingehead

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 08:02 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
What does a militia have to do with gun ownership?

Now you're just embarrassing yourself. Don't know your own constitution?

Quote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. - See more at: http://constitution.findlaw.com/amendment2.html#sthash.CNkPS8oV.dpuf
Baldimo

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 09:48 am
@hingehead,
I do know my Constitution, that's why I asked my question. The SCOTUS has ruled on this very thing in the last few years and there is no need to be part of a militia to own a gun. The embarrassment is on you for thinking you know the Constitution.
hingehead

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 02:54 pm
@Baldimo,
Sorry, I took your question at face value. I thought you literally couldn't see a link between two things mentioned in the same sentence of the constitution.

So what your saying is SCOTUS is more important than the constitution? I bet you won't change your mind until they hand down a decision that restricts gun ownership, say by number or type of gun. Then you'll fight them tooth and nail. Because you don't care about the constitution or SCOTUS, you just want your guns. Which I don't have a problem with, I just want you to be honest and admit it.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 11:54 pm
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

Now you're just embarrassing yourself. Don't know your own constitution?

Quote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. - See more at: http://constitution.findlaw.com/amendment2.html#sthash.CNkPS8oV.dpuf

Why does it say "the right of the people" instead of "the right of the militia"?

Probably to protect the people from the militia.
mysteryman

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 05:03 am
@McGentrix,
It does say "the right of the people".

As I understand the constitution, based on my reading of the Federalist Papers, at the time the Constitution was written the militia was the people.
Every male over 16 was considered part of the militia, especially since the US was mostly frontier at the time, and small towns and villages still suffered from indian attacks.

Of course, I could be wrong, and if I am I am sure one of the many constitutional experts here will tell me.