100% Proof of Alien Life - Or Not. Y'all Bear With Me

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 03:19 pm
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/07/tiny-alien-humanoid-among_n_3017854.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1071606/thumbs/o-ATACAMAHUMANOIDTINY-570.jpg?6
An upcoming documentary promises to show an alleged, tiny "alien" being that was found a few years ago in Chile's Atacama Desert.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 11 • Views: 6,765 • Replies: 90
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 03:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
It's proof of lousy photoshopping abilities.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 03:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
cute..
farmerman

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 06:13 pm
@ossobuco,
Well, we all sorta hope that alien life were a real thing and that loopholes in physics would allow interstellar travel.
id like to see the scientific data that Im sure has been collected with all sorts of chains of cutody and Quality Control in mind.

My first sense of doubt is triggered by the assertion that all proof of alien life has been manipulated against by our cynical world governments.

Right nowkts potential entertainment.

Will they show DNA data in its full array?

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 06:17 pm
@farmerman,
I get a kick out of these things. I don't think anybody above the age of six would fall for it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 06:18 pm
@farmerman,
The Trailer is sorta like that used in "The Blair WItch Project"
0 Replies

Ice Demon

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 07:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
Wonder if it tastes good if it's slow fried. Seems crunchy.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 07:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
I think we should develop a new standard for validating the evidence of UFO's and Aliens. From now on it shouldn't matter what it looks like or what it's doing or even what it's made of... if it doesn't teach us something that we didn't already know, then it doesn't matter.

So no matter how weird something looks, unless it's made of a different DNA which teaches us something new, it's not an Alien. Or if it looks like a UFO and lands in your back yard and you take thousands of perfect photo's, if it doesn't show us a new form of physics that improves our scientific knowledge, then it's not a UFO.

It seems to me that the only real reason for proving UFO's or Aliens is to help us learn something new, so if the thing that is discovered doesn't teach us something, then I don't really care if it's an Alien or not.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 07:46 pm
A real alien would I suspect be a genuine sensation. I don't think it would be kept hidden from the public.
boomerang

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 07:59 pm
I guess I'll be my usual loopy-doopy agnostic self and wonder why people have such a hard time believing that intelligent life exists off of Earth.

I sometimes think that somewhere out there something is furiously trying to decipher our radio broadcasts and trying to convince other beings we exist.

I don't really get why people think this is so impossible....
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 08:12 pm
@boomerang,
I don't consider it impossible. But, it would be an extremely long shot for aliens to get to Earth, if they could know where we are. The distances involved, the number of planets that are available to choose from - I believe it is almost certain other life forms exist. That we will ever get together I rather doubt.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2013 08:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
I don't know. I remember reading something recently about a new kind of dinosaur that was named after the little girl who found the bones. It took 5 years before anyone heard about it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2296244/Vectidraco-Daisymorrisae-Daisy-discovers-dinosaur-scientists-her.html

I imagine something as big as an alien life form would take more than 5 years to hear about.
farmerman

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2013 03:31 am
@boomerang,
nless they use credit cards. Then theyd be on the radar instantaneously.

We should require all aliens to use credit cards. Is there a Holiday Inn in the Atacama Desert?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2013 04:06 am
@edgarblythe,
Some things are so goofy, you don't need elaborate proofs, or debunking. Image what it would take the female of that species to pass a head like that through her birth canal. Then tell yourself that the whole shootin' match is an exercise in highly implausible imagination.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2013 04:14 am
@Setanta,
Maybe the heads are elongated and putty soft until a few weeks after birth. Smile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 03:34 am
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

I guess I'll be my usual loopy-doopy agnostic self and wonder why people have such a hard time believing that intelligent life exists off of Earth.

I sometimes think that somewhere out there something is furiously trying to decipher our radio broadcasts and trying to convince other beings we exist.

I don't really get why people think this is so impossible....

Time. That's why. Unless warp drive IS possible, or we can travel through worm holes, then the time taken for interstellar travel is a real tourism killer.

I have no difficulty in thinking that there is very likely to be intelligent life out there, but I'm very sceptical about finding any here.

Also, the alleged aliens reported should be SOOO over mutilating cattle, doing anal probes, kidnapping people and all the weird stuff they are alleged to do by now.

Come on aliens, do something smart already! And stop buzzing people in the desert. It's not cool. **** or get off the pot.
dlowan

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 03:36 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Some things are so goofy, you don't need elaborate proofs, or debunking. Image what it would take the female of that species to pass a head like that through her birth canal. Then tell yourself that the whole shootin' match is an exercise in highly implausible imagination.

That's anthropomorphism! Maybe they shoot out the men's bums.
Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 03:43 am
@dlowan,
It would still rip his "bum" apart. The point is that the figure they show there is implausible for a variety or reaons, not the least of which is that it ignores the limiting factor of skull size in the delivery of infants.

As for anthropomorphism, look at the figure and tell me that's not anthropomorphism.
farmerman

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 04:17 am
@Setanta,
maybe this species is so developed to have retained a "cloaca"-like structure, which was a primitive form of anus and ovipositor.

Going a step further, maybe these guys did lay eggs.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 04:21 am
@Setanta,
ure assigning anthropomorphic criteria in your own discussion. When we use anthropomorphic criteria we end up with a foregone conclusion.
A chicken retains a cloaca and is able to pass a huuuge deposit almost daily. The eggs shell is still a bit pliable on delivery and hardens up real quickly.
Alien eggs, mmmmm, with a little bacon and toast.