What on earth caused this then? UFO or flying cow?

Izzie

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 04:05 pm
http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2009/Jan/Week2/15199432.jpg

Quote:
UFO enthusiasts are claiming damage to a Lincolnshire wind farm turbine was caused by a mystery aircraft.

The turbine at Conisholme lost one 66ft (20m) blade and another was badly damaged in the early hours of Sunday.

County councillor for the area Robert Palmer said he had seen a "round, white light that seemed to be hovering".

Ecotricity, which owns the site, said while investigations continued they were not ruling anything out - but the extent of damage was "unique".

The turbine is one of 20 at the Conisholme site, which has been only been fully operational since April 2008. The broken blade has been recovered and is being examined.

Local ufologists said they had received many reports of activity in the area and had teams searching for clues.

To make one of these blades fall off, or to bend it, takes a lot

Dale Vince, Ecotricity

Mr Palmer said: "I actually saw a white light - a round, white light that seemed to be hovering.

"That is the only way I can explain it - it wasn't a flare-like light - it was just round, white light with a slight red edge to it that seemed to be over the wind turbines."

Dale Vince, founder of Ecotricity, said the company was keeping an open mind about the incident.

"We don't have an explanation at the moment as to what the cause was," he said.

"We have been crawling all over it and have sent bits off for analysis to see if we can work out what caused it.

"Until we have some idea, some plausible explanation that it was not a UFO, I don't think we should rule it out".

He added: "To make one of these blades fall off, or to bend it, takes a lot."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/lincolnshire/7817378.stm

<ack - can't embed the BBC flying cow theory video>

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Expert-Theories-Reject-UFO-Sighting-After-Wind-Turbine-Blade-Damaged-In-Conisholme-Lincolnshire/Article/200901215199411?lpos=UK_News_News_Your_Way_Region_6&lid=NewsYourWay_ARTICLE_15199411_Expert_Theories_Reject_UFO_Sighting_After_Wind_Turbine_Blade_Damaged_In_Conisholme%2C_Lincolnshire
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 3,560 • Replies: 5
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 07:26 pm
@Izzie,
One of the experts suggested a chunk of ice from one of the nearby tubines might have slung off and damaged the nearby rotors, but I'm having trouble imagining how an ice chunk that big can get thrown that far by a slowly rotating turbine.

0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 07:29 pm
@Izzie,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y

(go bed)
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 09:40 pm
@Izzie,
Here's the simplest explanation... I think one blade fell off (mechanical failure), and then as it flopped around before falling to the ground, it damaged the other blade. Not as exciting as a UFO I admit.

0 Replies

zeroyanke7

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 04:22 am
@Izzie,
A flying cow
?
How about pick up a dollar Bill, says Josh in Medford Oregon. Why? It is not worth anything. Take a gene from the Tomato and turn it on its head, says Sheldon Krimsky. Well you know the Vatican of course has a telescope named Lucifer, says Brad Olson. And you have those Stephenville UFO sightings.
I no longer require human food, says Juan Zarate. Does cow mean human food? I don't know if this is as interesting as the woman who made love with an extraterrestrial story that Whitley Strieber talks about. Half of the world's population is starving to death and we are talking about UFOs or saying that UFOs look like flying cows. Does that make any sense? Or the clown I heard on the radio the other day named David Adair who says that Steven Greer was threatened with his life for talking about disclosure. The fact that we even have windtowers to generate electricity at all is a mechanical failure. Have you ever seen the movie Serenity where the future we are terraforming planets. But using solar panels and wind energy.
I remember the good old days when Viking 1 and Viking 2 referred to the Viking landers on Mars. Not where the Vikings supposedly landed in north America before Columbus. Everything is really mark of the beast.
How about go on Google and look up nephilim giant on satellite imagery of the Patagonian mountains. Google earth coordinates 54 50'32.78S. 69 21 57.08. C'mon. The Exeter incident a highly publicized UFO. It has been explained as a A U.S. Air Force KC-97 refueling tanker.
In the book fire in the sky you had changes in language in referring to the UFO. Sometimes it is called a saucer. Sometimes it is called a flying craft.
Why is Francoid Delattre ambassador to the United Nations talking about concentration camps? Now we are talking about windtowers hit by UFOs.
Looks like howard the duck. Or maybe it was wormwood. Or maybe it was someone trying to get away from the IRS and avoid paying his income tax.
Rosborne do you seriously believe that the dogon tribe in Africa were in contact with extraterrestrials from Sirius. The star? That is about eight light years away from earth. Maybe they were involved with the Windtower. This consciousness thing is tough. It shows Glenn beck from an earlier time when his hair wasn't grey. I don't know what cult is worse. The cult of UFOs or the Cult of the virgin mary. Or bevo in Austin texas.
Under the streets of Rome. Two men according to Steve Quayle saw two twelve foot lizard-like Gargoyles with leathery wings. Basically giants. In a catacomb. They were tied down with giant giants. Or could it be bogus?
Could they all be bogus. To use a Brian Williams word. Conflate. or Lie.
Well you know I think psyduck kind of reminds me of that guy Octavio Ramos on monsters in America who is talking about the witch owl. Will that ever get on the news? Mark of the beast stuff gets on the news. I would like to know why the army is shipping around Live anthrax around the country. And why sports teams managers like Dave Steward are doing Nazi salutes. The imagery of Lucifer is everywhere. What's new. We're screwed.
roger

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 12:22 pm
@zeroyanke7,
Awesome
0 Replies