Texans report seeing UFO... You can't make this stuff up...

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 04:55 am
Quote:
STEPHENVILLE, Texas (AP) -- In this farming community where nightfall usually brings clear, starry skies, residents are abuzz over reported sightings of what many believe is a UFO.

Several dozen people -- including a pilot, county constable and business owners -- say they have seen a large silent object with bright lights flying low and fast. Some reported seeing fighter jets chasing it.

"People wonder what in the world it is because this is the Bible Belt, and everyone is afraid it's the end of times," said Steve Allen, a freight company owner and pilot who said the object he saw last week was a mile long and half a mile wide. "It was positively, absolutely nothing from these parts."

While federal officials say there's a logical explanation, locals swear that it was larger, quieter, faster and lower to the ground than an airplane. They also said the object's lights changed configuration, unlike those of a plane. People in several towns who reported seeing it over several weeks have offered similar descriptions of the object.

Machinist Ricky Sorrells said friends made fun of him when he told them he saw a flat, metallic object hovering about 300 feet over a pasture behind his Dublin, Texas, home. But he decided to come forward after reading similar accounts in the Stephenville Empire-Tribune.

"You hear about big bass or big buck in the area, but this is a different deal," Sorrells said. "It feels good to hear that other people saw something, because that means I'm not crazy."

Sorrells said he has seen the object several times. He said he watched it through his rifle's telescopic lens and described it as very large and without seams, nuts or bolts.

Maj. Karl Lewis, a spokesman for the 301st Fighter Wing at the Joint Reserve Base Naval Air Station in Fort Worth, said no F-16s or other aircraft from his base were in the area the night of January 8, when most people reported the sighting.

Lewis said the object may have been an illusion caused by two commercial airplanes. Lights from the aircraft would seem unusually bright and may appear orange from the setting sun.

"I'm 90 percent sure this was an airliner," Lewis said. "With the sun's angle, it can play tricks on you."

Officials at the region's two Air Force bases -- Dyess in Abilene and Sheppard in Wichita Falls -- also said none of their aircraft were in the area last week. The Air Force no longer investigates UFOs.

One man has offered a reward for a photograph or videotape of the mysterious object.

About 200 UFO sightings are reported each month, mostly in California, Colorado and Texas, according to the Mutual UFO Network, which plans to go to the 17,000-resident town of Stephenville to investigate.

Fourteen percent of Americans polled last year by The Associated Press and Ipsos say they have seen a UFO.
Erath County Constable Lee Roy Gaitan said he first saw red glowing lights and then white flashing lights moving fast, but that even with binoculars could not see the object to which the lights were attached.

"I didn't see a flying saucer and I don't know what it was, but it wasn't an airplane, and I've never seen anything like it," Gaitan said. "I think it must be some kind of military craft -- at least I hope it was."

farmerman

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 05:05 am
In Delaware , a few years ago, some kids rigged up a large UFO model and sailed it over the swamps near the wetland areas near Dover. The cops were called and a big investigation ensued. The cops found the model after all the people who reported it said that they knew it was from outer space because it had the letters UFO painted on its side. Proof positive

0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 05:07 am
Laughing
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 05:30 am
Quote:
Sorrells said he has seen the object several times. He said he watched it through his rifle's telescopic lens and described it as very large and without seams, nuts or bolts.
I hope he shoots it down next time.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 07:08 am
Kucinich claims to have seen one.

Oh, I forgot, he's suppose to be a nut case.

Quote:
Dennis Kucinich's UFO Comments Prove He's Nuts

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,307117,00.html
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 07:08 am
Fannie Flagg (not the lady in this picture) appeared on Fernwood Tonight, explaining how she had an encounter with an alien while she was hanging out the wash.

"He had his way with me with a beam of light"

http://www.beachwoodreporter.com/images/fernwood.jpg
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 12:49 pm
I had a hard time sleeping last night and saw that report about 3:00 am - couldn't figure out if I was dreaming or not.

Maybe when I move there next summer I will get the opportunity to view the UFO too! If so, I will report all my details here.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 12:57 pm
Linkat wrote:
I had a hard time sleeping last night and saw that report about 3:00 am - couldn't figure out if I was dreaming or not.

Maybe when I move there next summer I will get the opportunity to view the UFO too! If so, I will report all my details here.

The best time for viewing UFO's is in the Fall linkat, so I hope you're settled in by then.

I'm really surprised they are seeing them so much later.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 01:05 pm
Chai wrote:
Linkat wrote:

The best time for viewing UFO's is in the Fall linkat, so I hope you're settled in by then.

I'm really surprised they are seeing them so much later.

Can't wait - but I'll have to get myself a rifle with telescopic lens.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 01:07 pm
Perhaps they heard that America was for sale and came to buy a piece of the pie.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 01:12 pm
Real interesting that a UFO would require lights. Especially red and white lights. I guess these aliens aren't as advanced as they would need to be to get here from there.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 01:14 pm
wellllll......you can try, but they're not easy to bring down Linkat.

I only bagged one last year, and that just because I went with a whole group of people.

I didn't actually make the kill shot, but we'd all agreed to split up whatever we did get.

I ended up with a really nice couch. Got it right on my front porch. Glows in the dark.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 01:20 pm
Glad them aliens didn't get nervous about being sighted in with a scoped rifle.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 01:59 pm
If aliens are searching for intelligent life on earth, why do they only appear to people who look like Gustav Ratzenhofer?
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 03:25 pm
Yankees and Hippies see them too.

http://www.ufomaps.com/

The map lower down is more detailed.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 04:11 pm
2PacksAday wrote:
Yankees and Hippies see them too.

http://www.ufomaps.com/

The map lower down is more detailed.

Actually no Yankees (unless you are referring to NY Yankees) - I thought Yankees were people from New England - do not see any New England states that caught site of them.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 04:13 pm
I'm wrong - went back a few months and saw several sightings in NE.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 04:14 pm
Oh cool! A UFO thread Cool
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 05:10 pm
Linkat wrote:
I'm wrong - went back a few months and saw several sightings in NE.

Yeah, contrary to popular belief, that it is only those that are toothless, uneducated bible bashing types that see UFO's...the reported sightings are all over the country...actually quite thick near the great lakes region. But it of course does not serve a purpose to point these sightings out as often...there is just no fun it it.

For the record, I generally define "Yankee" as someone from east of the Miss {including the state of Minnesota} and north of the Ohio....with Indiana and Ohio being a bit iffy at times. The more current term would be blue state, but then again, this is somewhat misleading and too gerneral a term as well...the county by county map is far more descriptive and accurate....and shows that it is mainly the large cities and minority dominated areas that are the true "blues".
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 05:38 pm
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p173/2PacksAday/UFOmap2005.jpg
0 Replies