UFO crashes into London primary school playground

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 03:33 am
http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w641/Walter_Hinteler/a_zps36852e57.jpg

Quote:
Pupils at a London primary school were shocked after a UFO crashed into their playground on Tuesday morning.

An officer guarded the crash site at North Harringay primary school while a forensics officer took samples behind a police cordon.

Only half the craft was visible after apparently smashing into the tarmac
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,474 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 03:34 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Oops, sorry! I've missed some quotation marks:
Quote:
‘crash site’
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 03:36 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Oooh Shocked . I've missed a bit more of the report in the Independent

Quote:
Pupils at a London primary school were shocked after a UFO crashed into their playground on Tuesday morning.

An officer guarded the ‘crash site’ at North Harringay primary school while a forensics officer took samples behind a police cordon.

Only half the craft was visible after apparently smashing into the tarmac, in an event staged to promote creative writing.

The flying saucer was actually built by a parent, while local officer, PC Glyn Kelly, offered his time to make the scene appear even more realistic. Children were allowed closer to the craft to inspect it after samples of ‘alien dust’ were gathered.

Head teacher Helen Connor told the Independent “A very talented parent, David Willshaw, built the space craft in a limited amount of time and kindly dressed as a forensic detective to help with the staging of the crash. A local Police officer, PC Glyn Kelly, also agreed to attend the scene to add to the mystery of the crash. We were very lucky that the fog added to the atmosphere.

“Both children and parents were excited by the scene of the crash and the rest of the school day revolved around discussions as to what could have happened. Children from from Nursery to Year 6 had the opportunity to share their thoughts and ideas through drama, discussions, art work, filming and to then write creatively for the rest of the day.

“Later that day we received a letter of apology from the aliens at 3pm stating they accidently crashed into our playground whilst sightseeing in London! Some fantastic pieces of writing were produced by both girls and boys resulting in a successful day of creative writing. The space craft is now on display in the school creating a buzz of excitement as children walk past.”
Wink
vonny

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 03:40 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Had me worried for a moment, until I read the article! Laughing Laughing

"The whole event was just the inspiration pupils needed for a creative writing day at the school, and was orchestrated by Emma Hassan, its literacy leader, with the help of one very creative parent and a local PC.

She said: “A very talented parent built the space craft in a limited amount of time and kindly dressed as a forensic detective to help with the staging of the crash. PC Glyn Kelly also agreed to attend the scene to add to the mystery of the crash."
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 03:58 am
Great idea; great production...just plain great!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 06:30 am
How fun! This is school done right.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 07:45 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Wow great way to get the kids thinking and interested. How things change to get kids creative juices flowing to write a story.

I still distinctively remember my teacher having a stack of pictures where you were supposed to choice a picture and come up with a story about it. I remember the picture (odd I cannot remember the story I wrote) - it was of a stream and trees in the forest. I do remember writing this elaborate story about it though.

Great idea - and a good way to get those kids t hat tend to be less engaged naturally in creative thought.
0 Replies