UFOs or Unidentified Submerged Objects: WHATAYATHINK?

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 08:42 pm
The History Channel has severl hour long programs
qua UFOs and Unidentified Submerged Objects: WHATAYATHINK ?

Thay played tapes of multiple commercial airline pilots, in flight,
radioing in to report UFOs, sighted by more than one plane
at the same time, in conversation about them, as thay see them.

If thay really are here,
I 'm glad thay thay r not getting ruff about it.
When the Spanish landed in the New World,
it had a rather significant effect upon the American Indians' way of life.

David
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,921 • Replies: 67

rosborne979

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 08:51 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I think that hearsay and fuzzy blobs on old film are useless. And even credible reports from credible people which provide us with absolutely nothing of any value to us, are a waste of time.

Until and unless some piece of evidence contains enough information to actually teach us something of value, then it's completely irrelevant whether these reports are accurate or not. Even if we decided that all UFO and USO reports were real, not a single one of them provides us with even enough information to identify the unidentified object, much less how it works or what it's made of or anything else.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 10:20 pm
@rosborne979,
Quote:
I think that hearsay and fuzzy blobs on old film are useless. And even credible reports from credible people which provide us with absolutely nothing of any value to us, are a waste of time.

Until and unless some piece of evidence contains enough information to actually teach us something of value,
then it's completely irrelevant whether these reports are accurate or not. Even if we decided that all UFO and USO reports were real, not a single one of them provides us with even enough information to identify the unidentified object, much less how it works or what it's made of or anything else.

"Completely irrelevant" to what ?
IMO, accurate knowledge is valuable for its own sake.

The witnesses (who became involved did so under circumstances
that thay apparently did not anticipate) do not bespeak hoaxes.
I agree that if the evidence were limited to fuzzy blobs on film,
it 'd be "useless."

The proferred evidence is a lot more interesting than that,
including a NASA tape of an American astronaut telling, during space flight,
of observing "an alien spacecraft". The US Government, appears to
act guardedly, as tho covering up.
NickFun

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 10:25 pm
@rosborne979,
Are you so sure Rosborn? Gordon Cooper seems to think there's something going on http://www.space.com/news/spaceagencies/gordon_ufos_000728.html) as does Dr Edgar Mitchell (http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/69785). I doubt that the aliens really want us to know what their technology is ut some of it has probably wound up in our hands anyway.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 10:37 pm
I can see Y thay 'd be interested in this planet:
1 ) it has liquid water on its surface; not much of that around this solar system, anyway.

2 ) There are very suggestive signs of LIFE (even INTELLIGENT life) on this planet.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 07:21 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

But it's not accurate knowledge. It doesn't tell us anything. We don't know what these things are. We don't even know if they are physical objects, equipment anomalies, hoaxes, hallucinations or figments of imagination. In order for information to be of any relevance it must teach you something.
rosborne979

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 07:26 am
@NickFun,
Quote:
Re: rosborne979 (Post 3401218)
Are you so sure Rosborn? Gordon Cooper seems to think there's something going on http://www.space.com/news/spaceagencies/gordon_ufos_000728.html) as does Dr Edgar Mitchell (http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/69785). I doubt that the aliens really want us to know what their technology is ut some of it has probably wound up in our hands anyway.

Yeh, I'm sure.
We don't know if these things are aliens. And without some evidence to back him up, what Gordon Cooper, or anyone else thinks, is irrelevant. All of the technology currently in use has known precursors which prove that it came from human ingenuity, not extraterrestrial origin. All of our technology is based extensions of known physics and science.

The only value UFO reports contain is entertainment value. No other information derives from it. Nothing.

NickFun

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 08:45 am
@rosborne979,
Hey Ros! I suppose the same could be said for most of our sciences. The Mars probes provide us with nothing but entertainment. The Voyager missions are very interesting but only give us kicks. Who cares about the water on Saturn's and Jupiter's moons?
rosborne979

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 10:21 am
@NickFun,
Quote:
Re: rosborne979 (Post 3401539)
Hey Ros! I suppose the same could be said for most of our sciences. The Mars probes provide us with nothing but entertainment. The Voyager missions are very interesting but only give us kicks. Who cares about the water on Saturn's and Jupiter's moons?

I think you're missing my point. Those science missions provided and are providing actual verifiable information from which to expand our knowledge and from which to make future choices. For example, are there valuable resources on Mars which we might want to go get, was there life on Mars which might help us understand our own situation better, is Mars a viable place to inhabit in the future, and what resources can we expect to find when we get there.

The information we have gained from reports of UFO's so far has taught us nothing, provided us with no information or evidence from which to expand our knowledge and given us nothing to exploit.

NickFun

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 04:53 pm
@rosborne979,
I would say the existence of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, particularly intelligent life which may be visiting us, is of extreme scientific importance. Most of our astronauts have seen UFO's. Airline pilots have chased them. There is evidence of them having landed. What sort of wisdom and knowledge could we gain by contacting them? And, I suspect, they do not wish to be "exploited".
rosborne979

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 08:50 pm
@NickFun,
Quote:
I would say the existence of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, particularly intelligent life which may be visiting us, is of extreme scientific importance.

I completely agree. But we don't have any evidence of that at all. Hearsay and blurry pictures are useless. And unfortunately, that's all we have so far.

NickFun

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 09:28 pm
@rosborne979,
Almost every astronaut has seen them. How about Buzz Aldrin? Find me another practical explanation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlkV1ybBnHI&feature=related
rosborne979

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 05:45 am
@NickFun,
Quote:
Almost every astronaut has seen them.

All anyone has ever seen are Unidentified Flying Objects. The key word being, "Unidentified". When someone sees an IFO (Identified Flying Object), then we'll have something we can get interested in.

NickFun

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 07:29 am
@rosborne979,
The simple fact that there are unidentified flying objects in space, a place where nothing should be able to survive, should warrant further investigation.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 11:15 am
@rosborne979,
Quote:
Quote:
But it's not accurate knowledge. It doesn't tell us anything.
We don't know what these things are. We don't even know
if they are physical objects, equipment anomalies, hoaxes,
hallucinations or figments of imagination
In order for information to be of any relevance
it must teach you something.

(RELEVANCE to WHAT ??? That word is meaningless unless u
indicate to WHAT it relates.)

U are posting from a very similar mindset to my own, before I saw
the History Channel 's show
; I was SHOCKED at the respectability
of the witnesses, like our own Astronauts radioing seeing UFOs
in space, during our spaceflight, based on their looking out the window.
or like the Commie dictator Nikita Krushchev sending a diplomat
to investigate sightings by the Red Navy of USOs

It is very bad that, immediately after an Astronaut says to Huston
that he is watching a UFO, he transfers to an encrypted dedicated
line to the Department of Defense, demonstrating that he is an officer
in the US Armed Forces, whose first loyalty is NOT to the citizens,
but to their hireling government. After retirement from service,
some of them have been more forthcoming.

Regardless of whether alien life of superior technology has come
here, we can all be certain that hoaxes have been perpetrated.
We need to filter out the hoaxes, but let us not throw out
the baby with the bathwater.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 09:28 pm
@NickFun,
Quote:
The simple fact that there are unidentified flying objects in space, a place where nothing should be able to survive, should warrant further investigation.

You are obviously easier to convince than I am.

I'm not convinced all of these reports are really flying objects. Some of them are undoubtedly reflections or distortions or hallucinations or errors or lies. Maybe they are a collection of all those things. Maybe not a single report has ever been accurate. We have no way to know, because there's no evidence. So the reports are meaningless.

rosborne979

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 09:30 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Regardless of whether alien life of superior technology has come
here, we can all be certain that hoaxes have been perpetrated.
We need to filter out the hoaxes, but let us not throw out
the baby with the bathwater.

That's going to be tough, because without evidence, there's no way to differentiate the baby from the bath water.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 10:48 pm
@rosborne979,
Quote:
That's going to be tough, because without evidence,
there's no way to differentiate the baby from the bath water.

Disregarding, hoaxers who whirl discs thru the air and take pictures,
we have testimony of citizens who command our respect,
like the Astronauts, on their radios while in outer space flight,
saying: "we are observing an alien spaceship" before abrupt end of
transmission (presumably switching to the encrypted Defense Dept. link).

There have been other sightings from respectable witnesses,
including multiple pilots who discuss a UFO in their observation
(from their respective different planes) and including airport
personnel on the ground who have the same UFO on their radar
observing said UFO moving in ways and at speeds, and changing
colors, such as human vehicles cannot do.

That 's kinda impressive, tho we cannot interview the drivers
of the UFOs; not yet. I 'm glad that we can 't.
That coud get nasty, and in such an encounter: WHO has the dominant power ?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 11:19 pm
@rosborne979,
I suppose anything even stars and distant galaxies could be put into that same mindset. We have only the observations of respected scientists telling us they exist. We have only basic photographs and theories. Nonetheless, I do not doubt their existence. Respected astronauts, airline pilots, former President Carter and the list goes on have seen these things.

A friend of mine worked for the department of defense for many years. This past weekend he and I were discussing this very topic. He told me most UFO's can be explained away. But there is the genuine article out there and the government knows about it.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 01:56 am
For my part,
I am certain that the genuine article is out there,
what with there being so many millions of stars
and millions of gallaxies. Whether or not thay
have opted to come HERE, is a distinct question.

If thay HAVE, then I am sure glad that thay have not taken over.