Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 01:42 pm
More and more curious, "Dale is a Bot", who are you and why

I'm not mad like the rest of you, really, just curious.

Well mad maybe but not angry

So if you're an Ofcl, Mod, or Admin type and wish not to reveal your tactics for fear of retribution by your colleagues or even dismissal, I am [email protected] and be most happy to hear from you, promising herewith to keep your identity secret

But this "bot" terminology has me going. I'm led to believe it's short for "robot" and makes reference to an individual who saves identical postings at more than one site. But in an equivalent sense by composing a routine identifying my OP and inserting the tag, aren't you the "bot"

Or do you watch for my username

If so I'm flattered indeed. If "bot" however is a reference to words of more than two syllables in sentences of more than six words, then yes, no, fella, I'm not really very interested in response from those so taken aback

Ice Demon

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 02:05 pm
@dalehileman,
Code:
======== This is the dalehileman Virus ========
If you are running a Macintosh, OS/2, Unix, or
Linux computer, please randomly delete
several files from your hard disk drive and
forward this message to everyone you know.
============================================
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 02:27 pm
@dalehileman,
Gotta tell ya, Dale...I clicked on that (what I thought was a) link...and only got an email to send.

Thought I was going to go to a site where you spin tales or something.

Sorry you are having trouble with someone...but my suggestion is not to pay any attention to tags...or to ratings. The people who get off on that kind of thing cannot be reasoned with...so just ignoring it is the only way to rationally deal with it.

(Still cannot get people into that other site I mentioned a while back. They are combating spam in a big way.)
dalehileman

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 02:49 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Gotta tell ya, Dale...I clicked on that (what I thought was a) link...and only got an email to send.
My apologies Frank

Quote:
Thought I was going to go to a site where you spin tales or something.
What sort if tales do you favor

Quote:
Sorry you are having trouble with someone…
Hardly a major issue

Quote:
but my suggestion is not to pay any attention to tags...or to ratings.
I usu don't the former except for that one persistent fella; the latter 'cause it so seldom happens

Quote:
….. cannot be reasoned with…......so just ignoring it is the only way……....
Can't suppress curiousity

Quote:
(Still cannot get people into that other site I mentioned a while back. They are combating spam in a big way.)
Forgive Frank, but you'll have to refresh
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 06:18 pm
@dalehileman,
Oh and to our ever-present buddy

"It's spelled "You're" not "Your"
Ice Demon

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 06:40 pm
@dalehileman,
Riddle me this.
if you Shoot for the bLing then dOn't miss, lest there be shArks iN the water who never report their capital.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 10:50 am
@Ice Demon,
Thanks Ice but I'm not good at that sort of stuff. A Sloan is a warrior, a pretty girl, or a pimp. Since I'm neither of the latter two, I presume you mean the first

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sloan

Otherwise: If I intend to grab for their jewelry I must be careful in my aggressive behavior lest I enrage one of the angry swimmers who are reluctant to reveal their financial condition presumably by their reaction to my groping

Very well Ice and thank you for that exercise but how does it impinge upon the robot
oralloy

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 08:58 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
Thanks Ice but I'm not good at that sort of stuff. A Sloan is a warrior, a pretty girl, or a pimp. Since I'm neither of the latter two, I presume you mean the first

He wasn't calling you a Sloan. He was telling you the ID of the person who is attacking you.

http://able2know.org/user/sloan/tags/dale_is_a_bot/

At least one of them anyway. There may be more than one attacker.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 10:56 am
@oralloy,
Thank you Ora for that report
0 Replies