Another kind of forum

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 12:04 pm
Using our new Oster uwave this morning I was again frustrated by the time display which you can't read unless you turn off all the kitchen lights

..or lean over and cup your hands

I also object forcefully with the graphic icons [popcorn, potato, etc] where unbelievably, time for each was omitted, making every such selection a major task

http://able2know.org/topic/202514-1
….somehow reminding me of the edit window in a typical forum where the scroll bar doesn't appear 'til you're half done

Does anyone know of a forum where one complains of manufacturer's product oversights, defects. All should be advised of their abject failure to market-test so if by chance you know of such, most grateful for a link thereto. "Before turning out the first 1 million units," I'd advise, "make a half dozen, send 'em home with few employees over the weekend, get their reactions"

Of course one can send his grievance to a specific mfr as a "contact us" but would require a critic like me to make a Google search every time for hundreds if not thousands of such gripes. So there ought to be a site by contributors like me that a typical mfr accesses from time to time in order to gain insight

If indeed they can read
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,217 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 12:28 pm
@dalehileman,
Don't even start me on this, Dale.

There have got to be design engineers who get sexual pleasure from making things difficult to assemble or operate or maintain.

My guess: There are lots of them.

dalehileman

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 12:35 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
My guess: There are lots of them.
My guess: Hundreds of thousands if not millions

Once more Frank YMMD
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 03:30 pm
@dalehileman,
Have you tried the Consumer Reports website?

If that doesn't work for you, while doing your Google search for science forums, do another one for consumer complaint forums.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 04:29 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
Have you tried the Consumer Reports website?
No, that's a good idea But……...

Quote:
……. Google search…...another one for consumer complaint forums.
Alas of course But being lazy as I am……..
0 Replies