What's a bot, revisited

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 01:52 pm
The tag "Dale is a Bot" keeps appearing anonymously and as an old fella with incipient Alz's, being somewhat literal to begin with, I'm curious about its meaning. I've looked into it extensively and as far as I can tell a bot is someone who sends the same message to a large number of such forums but I hasten to assure all, that's not the case

…..if for no other reason, over a period of some 17 years I've been banned from the rest of them

(--taking this opportunity incidentally to thank a2k for its exceptionally tolerant Mod/Admin, who let me say almost anything (as long as I'm not selling anything of course

…except myself.

…….but hey fellas, forgive me, any of you who I don't bore to death, taking opportunity herewith to ask if anyone else who does this sort of thing at other sites: Since practically nobody accesses my OP's anymore I'm looking for another one devoted more to sci as well as philo where I can chat about stuff like relativity without being mercilessly attacked from all quarters

Thanks guys)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 927 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 03:25 pm
@dalehileman,
Have you looked into the long list of science magazines I gave you in one of your other similar threads to see if any of them have forums or allow comments on their websites?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_science_magazines

If that is too much work for you, do a Google search for science forums. There are a bunch listed in the search results I got.

Surely, there are some on the list that haven't banned you.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2013 04:45 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
Have you looked into the long list of science magazines…….
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_science_magazines

Thanks again for that link, this time I'll be sure to look into it

Quote:
If that is too much work for you,
I admit I'll have to work up some energy

Quote:
do a Google search for science forums. There are a bunch listed in the search results I got.
Alas alack I keep hoping for links from participants

Quote:
Surely, there are some on the list that haven't banned you.
Yes indeed you're right, surely there must. But it takes so long fiddling around in each one before I discover I'm banned, that I harbor hope against hope someone hereabout can contribute

But thanks again But, your interest is appreciated But…..
0 Replies