Why do you think so many discussions on A2K end up...

Ragman

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 04:32 pm
@ossobuco,
Thanks. Patience and time will tell.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 04:44 pm
@Ice Demon,
Quote:
@Frank Apisa,
I will. But if you get false wind of me from someone, shoot them on the spot will ya?

Quote:
Re: ossobuco (Post 5269614)
It's a natural consequence of living on this goddamn earth for some. But what I think is important is giving them a strong support system, and bringing laughter and humor into their lives as much as possible.

Now you're flowing, ID. Good move.

As for the first comment...well, chances are a good mystery will win out over just accepting that you are someone totally new. Ya know...kinda that "grassy knoll" or "Area 51" syndrome. The speculation will undoubtedly continue...if not here, elsewhere.

If you are as smart as you think you are, you will play along with it.

If not...you will probably watch us play Monkey In The Middle.

More fun if you play also.
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 04:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I don't know who this troll is........but he shares a common trait with all other trolls. He provokes others to ruin their own threads. Ignore the little bastard. It's the only way. Otherwise, you're answering your own question with your behavior and words are unnecessary. So many discussions on a2k end up like this because we don't ignore the provocateurs.
MattDavis

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 05:04 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
...We're hoping that a neurologist appointment will shed some light on this recent abrupt change....

I'm a nurse Ragman. I have some experience with similar situations (over 3 years in a neuro ICU). Obviously a neurological assessment is in order, as you are getting. In terms of how you as a loved one and you as a family can help...
Reorientation to reality is necessary. This must be handled delicately, however. Imagine how terrifying it is to be unaware (at least completely) of your own actions. When your sister does something that seems out of character, gently help her to reflect back on the situation so that she can construct an explanation for the behavior (our minds do this anyway). The "I can't believe I did that" is a very easy rationalization, and it is easy and necessary if the explanation must protect personal identity and pride.
As Frank has jokingly pointed out, a huge step in dealing with memory loss is accepting that it is there. There are cognitive exercises that can help your sister (her neurologist will be able to elaborate on these).
I commend you on your concern and prompt action on her behalf. Her family is going to be very instrumental in developing the skill to deal effectively with life moving forward. I hope you communicate to her neurologist your willingness to learn about the ways in which you can help.
Very Happy
0 Replies

Ice Demon

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 05:05 pm
@Lola,
Trolling culture has become increasingly mainstream. Try as you might, there is no way you can ignore trolls. If you can't beat them, join them or disconnect from the internet. And this discussion on trolls is relevant to the OT, so I don't know what you're rambling about. As to the part on mental health, I had no part in initiating it (or did I?), and was a natural extension of conversation between members without trollish intent.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 05:13 pm
I'm beginning to think our bozo of misery, oops I meant to say "mystery", is channeling Lewis Carroll. Anybody else catch a whiff of "Jaberwocky"?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 05:28 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

I'm beginning to think our bozo of misery, oops I meant to say "mystery", is channeling Lewis Carroll. Anybody else catch a whiff of "Jaberwocky"?

Mad Hatter, you think?
Ice Demon

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 05:45 pm
@glitterbag,
It's probably my hat, yesterday you said to me something along the lines of, "That hat's a bit begonia, it covers your ears," but I barely heard it, so I yam sorry. I must have a cold coming on, but, right, I will avoid it, at least try.
If it gets any colder here, we may be able to go for a skate.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 07:56 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

Mad Hatter, you think?

I'm thinking more along the lines of the rabbit or hare.

I'm lame I'm late
For a very important date,
No time say "hello" , "goodbye"
I'm late, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late,
I'm overdue,
I'm in a rabbit stew et. al.
dlowan

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 10:13 pm
@glitterbag,
I am SO sick of Rabbits getting all the blame around hare!
glitterbag

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 10:22 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

I am SO sick of Rabbits getting all the blame around hare!

My favorite bunny is Harvey, the 6" rabbit.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 10:23 pm
@glitterbag,
Shoot, I meant 6' rabbit. Sorry!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 10:32 pm
my favorite bunny is dlowan, not to suck up, but that's true. My second favorite bunny is a hare I saw out the window of a hotel when I was seventeen. My third favorite was drawn by Durer.
Ice Demon

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 10:53 pm
@ossobuco,
My favorite bunny is roast rabbit. My second favorite bunny is sauted rabbit. My third favorite bunny is rabbit pie.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 11:12 pm
@ossobuco,
My mistake ossobucco, of course you are right, dlwon is the best bunny I have ever met.
Didn't VW make a car they called the rabbit in the early 70's? I think my brother drove a VW to college.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 11:38 pm
@Frank Apisa,
my evaluation is that a great many people have as their motive for gathering in conversation self validation, the exercise from the get go is all about them and none about the other. getting along is a low priority because other people are not valued. there are others who stir the **** for fun, the old definition trolls, but not many.

Quote:
Is our conduct an accurate picture of our society at large?

of course. the state of the average individual is dire: poorly educated he is stupid, poorly raised he is not grounded and does not know what matters, and spiritually crippled he has no hope so he sees no reason not to burn down everything around him. to further add to the fun these lost people very often drift into mental illness.
Lola

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 12:18 am
@hawkeye10,
Oh really, hawkeye, it's not as bad as all that. There are those who want to meet and know others. I tell about me and you tell about you. With good faith and good spirits, we get to know each other. Some people like to make trouble. I find my life works best if I ignore those who can't or won't get along, one way or the other. However, I grant a wide berth for those who wish to express themselves in the extremes or about unpleasant feelings, as long as there's room for some communication and sharing. But if people won't play well or fair, then eventually, one must give up on those people.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 12:34 am
@Lola,
Quote:
Oh really, hawkeye, it's not as bad as all that
take a peak at what passes for societal discourse and politics and then say that again. there is no other explanation that works for fox news being such a money machine, or for all the yelling between the pundits that goes on at all the channels.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 03:10 am
@glitterbag,
Cousin Harvey, like my humble self, is a Pookah.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 03:15 am
@Ice Demon,
Ice Demon wrote:

My favorite bunny is roast rabbit. My second favorite bunny is sauted rabbit. My third favorite bunny is rabbit pie.

You are now cursed and will die horribly. You will suffer.

Sorry, but you were told not to provoke the Bunny.