Why do you think so many discussions on A2K end up...

Ragman

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 05:08 pm
@glitterbag,
A+. You saved me typing it. I owe you a beverage of your choice.
0 Replies

Ice Demon

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 05:10 pm
@glitterbag,
Damn you caught me. That trollomotive got more mileage than I expected, so it was worth it. Laughing
glitterbag

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 05:15 pm
@Ice Demon,
Ice Demon wrote:

Damn you caught me. That trollomotive got more mileage than I expected, so it was worth it. Laughing

Bravo ice demon, bravo for a beginner. You must have heard someone say "don't try to bull crap a bull crapper", I'm afraid everybody here already ate your lunch. But, use it as a learning experience, you will learn when to quit while you're ahead.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 07:15 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Bravo ice demon, bravo for a beginner.

I don't think Ice Demon is a beginner, Glitterbag.

I think he (or she) has been around under another name. The nonsense is too familiar...although I will acknowledge that I cannot put my finger on who Ice Demon reminds me of.
Ice Demon

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 07:54 am
@Frank Apisa,
I am the voice of those overdosing on Vicodin that go around with a red towel around their neck pretending to be a superhero.
I'm here to save your sanity, Mr. Apisa.
Don't worry, and relax.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 08:03 am
@Ice Demon,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5269104)
I am the voice of those overdosing on Vicodin that go around with a red towel around their neck pretending to be a superhero.
I'm here to save your sanity, Mr. Apisa.
Don't worry, and relax.

You are a space cadet.

Sit down; stop yelling "Shazam"; and accept the fact that the only "pretend superhero" here, Ice Demon, is the guy supposing he is here to save my sanity.

Don't suppose you want to tell us what name you use in posting here before (or along with) this "Ice Demon" incarnation?
IRFRANK

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 08:09 am
Look at the original question of this thread and then consider the exchange between FrankA and Ice. It's human nature. We love to fight, survival instinct. If you want a more detailed explanation you need a psychologist. I also think a lot of what goes on here is entertainment. But congress, that's not funny. I think the same motivations apply. Pride, greed. Two of the seven deadly sins, which were identified thousands of years ago. Yet they still control much of our behavior.

Ice Demon

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 08:13 am
@Frank Apisa,
I'm sorry, did I give you the chills?
I go by many names, Frank. Some call me "The Lord of Ice," others "Mr. Chill," and others "Mr. Freeze," and I forgot about the ladies. The ladies call me "Iced tea." And then there's always my actual name, "Ice Demon."
Pick your choice.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 08:41 am
@Ice Demon,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5269172)
I'm sorry, did I give you the chills?

No need to be sorry. You did not give me the chills. For the most part, I just get a laugh out of your posts...so actually, a thank you is in order from me.

Thanks.

Quote:
I go by many names, Frank. Some call me "The Lord of Ice," others "Mr. Chill," and others "Mr. Freeze," and I forgot about the ladies. The ladies call me "Iced tea." And then there's always my actual name, "Ice Demon."
Pick your choice.

Ahhh...you've dropped the "Mr. Apisa" affectation. Good!

As I said earlier, I suspect you've posted here under another name. If you care to share it, fine. If not...also fine. But I do suspect you have posted (or are still posting) under another name.

Ragman

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 08:46 am
@Frank Apisa,
By any chance ... have you seen any Hawks circling the thread?
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 08:48 am
@IRFRANK,
Quote:
Look at the original question of this thread and then consider the exchange between FrankA and Ice. It's human nature. We love to fight, survival instinct. If you want a more detailed explanation you need a psychologist. I also think a lot of what goes on here is entertainment. But congress, that's not funny. I think the same motivations apply. Pride, greed. Two of the seven deadly sins, which were identified thousands of years ago. Yet they still control much of our behavior.

You definitely have a point here, Frank.

But even disagreements can be handled with a bit of diplomacy (even with a sense of humor)...and without the need to be gutter vulgar, which really was at the thrust of my OP. I'm not suggesting that we not take pops at each other (that IS human nature), but the constant "you are an idiot", "you are stupid", "you are an asshole"... seems to come up with too much frequency--and I thought it appropriate to mention it.

But as I said...you have a point here.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 08:51 am
@Ragman,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5269216)

Not really sure. Something is flying around...just not real sure of what it is.
Ragman

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 08:52 am
@Frank Apisa,
Keep an eye peeled.
IRFRANK

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 02:07 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Some of us just have more culture that others. Wink
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 02:16 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

I wouldn't know a hawk from a handsaw.
0 Replies

Lola

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 03:00 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

I think he (or she) has been around under another name. The nonsense is too familiar...although I will acknowledge that I cannot put my finger on who Ice Demon reminds me of.

Long run on sentences, word games, Mr. Apisa.......doesn't remind you of anyone you can think of?
ehBeth

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 03:03 pm
@Lola,
the I.D's 1st (?) A2K post

http://able2know.org/topic/209403-1#post-5266720
ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 03:07 pm
@Ragman,
That would probably hurt.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 03:08 pm
@Lola,
Quote:
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5269104)
Quote:

Long run on sentences, word games, Mr. Apisa.......doesn't remind you of anyone you can think of?

I get that I should, Lola, but this growing old has its costs. My memory simply is not what it used to be...besides which, my memory is not what it used to be.

Gimme a hint. Ragman already has, but I'm having trouble remembering the person he is suggesting, because my memory is not what it used to be.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 03:09 pm
@ehBeth,
Yeah, I checked that out myself. Certainly came on strong.
0 Replies